• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Who is currently aware of Xion's existence?

User Info: Heyjose25points

Heyjose25points
7 months ago#21
Hirokey123 posted...
This is the current known list of people who remember Xion in some capacity presently, as the erasure from people's memories was a gradual process so people still had memory of her for the first couple days.

Roxas: He remembers there was a girl in life he was best friends with, someone he laughed and grieved with. But he doesn't remember what she looks like or her name or anything of that, in his mind he knows someone was there but in his memories there is just an empty spot where Xion should be.

Axel: Much like Roxas he has memories of things relating to Xion but not of Xion herself, namely remembers there was a person he was friends with alongside Roxas. A person he made a promise to, a promise that he would always be there to bring them back. Being kairi stirs up feelings of sadness and regret thanks to subconscious memories of Xion.

Namine: When she was digging into Sora's memories she found out all about the hearts connected to Sora and saw through their memories their lives. She basically knows everything of value and while Xion was erased from people's memories, Xion's own memories remained untouched inside of Sora and there is where Namine was able to find out about Xion.

Sora: During DDD after deeply touching Roxas's heart, emotionally speaking, Roxas shared with Sora all his painful memories which included those of Xion. It's through Sora reiterating what he learned from Roxas's memories that we know what Roxas remembers. Currently Roxas and Sora remember the same amount about Xion.

Mickey and Data Sora: At the tail end of coded Mickey got to feel flashes of painful memories Namine found inside of Sora, he didn't learn a lot of info about them but he did see them and learn they existed so he at the bare minimum knows about a black haired girl who looks like Kairi.

Xehanort(s)?: While we don't know if they know about her, any of the norts that were taken after her birth but before her destruction would still have their memories of her. So Xemnas for example MIGHT know if he was grabbed from Days era. Honestly its highly unlikely that Xehanort is unaware of her so he's a safe bet even if it's not officially confirmed. Since I'm blanketing all Xehanorts it's worth mentioning Saix and Xemnas had some memory of Xion a day after her demise but what they remember now is up to imagination.

MoM: So the MoM's eye has seen much of the future which is information he then used to create the book of prophecies, Xion's existence alongside many others is recorded in the book meaning he saw her through is future seeing eye.

Riku: He retained his memoires a bit longer than most because Xion temporarily refreshed them in order to message him. But as DDD has made clear he's lost all memory of her HOWEVER in DDD he met her inside of Sora, he didn't know who she was but at the current time he is at least aware there is a black haired Kairi looking girl inside of Sora's heart.

Very good post!!! That makes alot of sense. Sora, Riku, Roxas and Axel is probably a similar case to Sora during COM, knowing of a girl but it being hidden/distorted.

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
7 months ago#22
DeepThroat0 posted...
Nomura does and if he wants her to be, she'll be in the game, retcons and rules be damned

How is Xion returning a retcon? Or are you just saying some random bulls*** because you can't understand the story?
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!

User Info: megafierce

megafierce
7 months ago#23
Kingdom080500 posted...
DeepThroat0 posted...
Nomura does and if he wants her to be, she'll be in the game, retcons and rules be damned

How is Xion returning a retcon? Or are you just saying some random bulls*** because you can't understand the story?

I think the worry there is that, rather than establish some difficult new or never-before-seen procedure that somehow manages to restore her, something about the way she died will be retconned in some lazy or nonsensical fashion.
Not only does [Smash Bros] promote violence against women - it also promotes violence against animals, and kids.~ Metamorphazone

User Info: Vanitas_Remnant

Vanitas_Remnant
7 months ago#24
Its possible Xemnas norted her before she died, specifically when she was given the nobody armour, so maybe Xehanort will know her cause of that.
I feel a draft on my butt

User Info: DeepThroat0

DeepThroat0
7 months ago#25
Kingdom080500 posted...
DeepThroat0 posted...

Excuse me, perhaps you are the one who doesn't understand the story. Go play 358/2 Days again. She is a false replica created to absorb Sora's memories and therefore abilities from Roxas in order to perform for Org. 13. She has no place in existence. In order for Roxas to funciton and for Sora to return, she has to relinquish the identity that makes her "Xion" and alive. Her erasure includes the erasure of any evidence of her existence. That is what defines her as a meaningful character, her tragic arc. Undoing that in any way completely ruins the whole f***ing point of the narrative and the rules of the narrative.

Turns out you were spouting random bulls***. Whoops.
Gamefaqs' mobile ads are horrible.

User Info: kinode

kinode
7 months ago#26
Don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but Data Ansem the Wise absolutely knew she was there, so I guess Ansem The Wise himself must have also learned of her?
SENA will actually start a keyblade war at this point

User Info: SNRGTCgamer

SNRGTCgamer
7 months ago#27
kinode posted...
Don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but Data Ansem the Wise absolutely knew she was there, so I guess Ansem The Wise himself must have also learned of her?

From Naminé during the events of Days
"You either die a noob, or live long enough to see yourself become a hacker."

User Info: megafierce

megafierce
7 months ago#28
I'm pretty sure DiZ knew of her during Days. In fact, I find it kind of hard to believe that Riku would have been trying to persuade her to end her existence if DiZ hadn't been prompting him.
Not only does [Smash Bros] promote violence against women - it also promotes violence against animals, and kids.~ Metamorphazone

User Info: Jevrath

Jevrath
7 months ago#29
DeepThroat0 posted...
Kingdom080500 posted...
DeepThroat0 posted...

Excuse me, perhaps you are the one who doesn't understand the story. Go play 358/2 Days again. She is a false replica created to absorb Sora's memories and therefore abilities from Roxas in order to perform for Org. 13. She has no place in existence. In order for Roxas to funciton and for Sora to return, she has to relinquish the identity that makes her "Xion" and alive. Her erasure includes the erasure of any evidence of her existence. That is what defines her as a meaningful character, her tragic arc. Undoing that in any way completely ruins the whole f***ing point of the narrative and the rules of the narrative.

She also grew her own identity and heart throughout that game and that identity exists within Sora. If you've played DDD or Coded (cant remember which off the top of my head) it explains that pretty much anything can grow a heart of their own, even data, puppets, etc. It doesnt matter what Xion's body was made of, she eventually grew her own heart and that can be returned to the world with the Key to Return Hearts, which is what Sora is searching for in KH3.

User Info: DeepThroat0

DeepThroat0
7 months ago#30
Jevrath posted...
DeepThroat0 posted...
Kingdom080500 posted...
DeepThroat0 posted...

She also grew her own identity and heart throughout that game and that identity exists within Sora. If you've played DDD or Coded (cant remember which off the top of my head) it explains that pretty much anything can grow a heart of their own, even data, puppets, etc. It doesnt matter what Xion's body was made of, she eventually grew her own heart and that can be returned to the world with the Key to Return Hearts, which is what Sora is searching for in KH3.

More with this growing hearts s***. Fine, but that is a retcon, contrived crap to explain why some character has to come back. This is why the KH story-line sucks and is made fun of, not because it is inherently stupid like every feigns admission to.
Gamefaqs' mobile ads are horrible.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Who is currently aware of Xion's existence?
  • Topic Archived