With the recent announcement today any chance that...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. With the recent announcement today any chance that...

User Info: InuboyNetwork

InuboyNetwork
1 week ago#1
The KH remasters can release on other platforms. All ready own the remasters on PS4 but I do understand the need for fans everywhere to be able to play these incredible games regardless of platform. Obviously the fact the FF games that have been PS4 only thus far coming to Xbox (and Switch) is a big deal.
Watch as I surpass my own origin!!!

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 week ago#2
it's been possible as far as we know, but "No plans" have been made for this because Nomura and team don't see the point. They gathered the KH series onto a single platform, mission accomplished

I tend to agree with Nomura here, as a switch owner. KH should never come to microsoft or nintendo consoles
Loves of my Life: Sora and Namine | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: InuboyNetwork

InuboyNetwork
1 week ago#3
HipsterSora posted...
it's been possible as far as we know, but "No plans" have been made for this because Nomura and team don't see the point. They gathered the KH series onto a single platform, mission accomplished

I tend to agree with Nomura here, as a switch owner. KH should never come to microsoft or nintendo consoles

It's coming to Xbox though with at least hints that it may come to Switch after launch.
Watch as I surpass my own origin!!!

HipsterSora
1 week ago#4
It's coming to Xbox as a new game, not a collection of old ones.

As for switch, KH3 simply could not be run on a switch unless scaled down massively like this pathetic looking FFXV pocket edition. Which I might buy if done in a more cute KHuX aesthetic, but it simply would be an inferior version no matter what.
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: deathszx

deathszx
1 week ago#5
I can see them most likely releasing it down the road somewhere after KH3 release.

With those ff games being on pc already it probably gave them more leeway to release them like this. So far KH collections haven't been on anything but ps so i'm not sure how much of a difference that'll make, especially with Sony's wording on the all in one collection.

HipsterSora
1 week ago#6
deathszx posted...
I can see them most likely releasing it down the road somewhere after KH3 release.

to me, the perfect opportunity for HD collections on Xbox would have been with the announcement of the All-In-One edition. It no longer makes sense to release old KH games on Xbox when you could have had them buy it all together if they wanted any of it.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#7
HipsterSora posted...
KH should never come to microsoft or nintendo consoles

It's a bit late for that
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
1 week ago#8
Moongeist posted...
HipsterSora posted...
KH should never come to microsoft or nintendo consoles

It's a bit late for that

Yeah, considering all the games on the Nintendo handhelds - the original CoM on the GBA, Days and Re: Coded on the DS, and DDD on the 3DS.

If anything, though, this topic reminds me that I still need to get FFVII and FFX on my PS4 - if only they'd put FFVIII and Chrono Cross on there, then I wouldn't have to even think of shelling out more money for wi-fi to activate this PoS PSP.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: psolitsa

psolitsa
1 week ago#9
They should have released the collections on X1. It makes no sense to just release 3 without the others.

User Info: deathszx

deathszx
1 week ago#10
HipsterSora posted...
deathszx posted...

to me, the perfect opportunity for HD collections on Xbox would have been with the announcement of the All-In-One edition. It no longer makes sense to release old KH games on Xbox when you could have had them buy it all together if they wanted any of it.

It actually made sense to announce it at ms e3 right after the frozen trailer, gamescon could have been the next best place since it's more ms focused and still nothing.

So it really doesn't look like something they have any intentions on announcing anytime soon.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. With the recent announcement today any chance that...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived