• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Nomura Interview Archive *spoilers for the entire series*

User Info: Drizzy_Drizake

Drizzy_Drizake
1 year ago#141
Again, Aqua’s appearance was also quite a shock! Her eyes now yellow, she really appears to have completely fallen to the darkness.

It seems like everyone was blown away, far beyond anything I was expecting. In that scene, King Mickey and Riku are in quite the pinch of a situation, where Aqua then appears in the form we see in the trailer. In KH3, a large amount of characters’ problems, Aqua’s included, I strived to put to conclusion, so the writing this time was especially tough.

You’ve mentioned before that you had a Secret Movie in the works?
We have already begun work on it, however it’s still in a non-finalized form.

Since the very first title so many years have passed and the story has evolved substantially. There are definitely fans out there who very faintly remember the complicated story, or who have never played any game outside the numbered titles. Is there anything under consideration for players like this?

There are a lot of connected titles and recurring characters, and if we were to explain them all in-game each time the story would get bogged down, so we are currently working on something for the official website to help with that. We are going to create five videos that cover the story so far in episode format, summarized and narrated by Chirithy. We plan to open the site after E3, so you won't have to wait too long. I hope you can use these videos as well as the HD remakes of the past titles to enjoy the time until the release date. Also, we are currently considering including these summary videos on the KH3 disc, allowing for adjustments.

Having cleared the hurdle of announcing a release date, while I do imagine things are heading toward conclusion, can you update us on the current development situation?

We’re currently in a place where it’s quite difficult to express progress as a percentage. There’s actually so much content, that we’re quite concerned about if we’ll be able to fit it all in or not.

Can you elaborate a bit more on that?

There’s a lot that contributes to the overall issue, but the biggest problem lies with the sheer volume of movies. When it gets to the point where data for real time cutscenes needs to be read, if the cutscene is occurring in the same scene then the amount of data to be read is not so much and can quickly be shown on screen. However, in instances such as in the aforementioned “Meanwhile…” scenes, since all data for that completely different scene must also be read, the loading times take quite a hit. In order to solve this, we’ve converted some of these cutscenes to movies to cut down on the time taken to read them, but then because we are trying to preserve the high quality during conversion, the size of the data increases drastically. This is something we weren’t really expecting.

When it gets to the point where you are struggling to fit it all on disc, then an audio switch option between English and Japanese also becomes very difficult right?

Exactly. Not only the voices, but the data for things like ensuring proper lip sync also becomes a problem. I recognize that there’s a demand (T/N: In Japan) for KH3 to be able to be experienced with English voices as per previous Final Mix titles, but it will probably be too difficult to add this feature in.
In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces - Zapp

User Info: Mythtaker

Mythtaker
1 year ago#142
Why did Xehanort’s group word things as if they were trying to wake up Ventus who is inside of Sora?

"They did so in order to tempt Sora’s heart and have it fall to the darkness. In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart. When you see Vanitas (the dark half of Ventus who appeared in KHBBS) overlay Young Xehanort for a moment, that represents Ventus’s heart reacting inside Sora."

There are many mysteries surrounding the activities of the New Organization XIII. Vanitas is here too why is that?

"The Vanitas who appeared in KH3D was just an illusion, but this time he's come back. However, exactly how Vanitas was revived differs when compared to the other members of the New Organization XIII. There are members from Organization XIII who, after being defeated once, returned as humans and then once again became Nobodies, and there are also those who have returned by completely different means. As for other members like Lea and Ienzo etc. who have returned and are helping Sora, they have been revived as humans."

inb4: "Everything Sora sees are illusions by dickwad Ventus".

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 year ago#143
Wait never mind just remembered an easy link to it Drake here you go this is what your PM was asking for:

The official Xehanort timeline.

http://i.imgur.com/UHqQPKK.jpg

Might be easier if you took the time to copy the text from it and wrote it out since I know a lot of people will have little patience to navigate that thing.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Drizzy_Drizake

Drizzy_Drizake
1 year ago#144
Thanks. I'll work on that later.
In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces - Zapp

User Info: Mythtaker

Mythtaker
1 year ago#145
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/13/kingdom-hearts-3-director-comments-on-delay-to-2019-why-we-havent-seen-big-hero-6s-world

"The timing of release that we were actually looking at, we were told by many people, including hardware manufacturers, marketing teams, sales teams that it just wasn't a good timing in the year," Nomura said via translation, explaining that the differences in holiday lengths and how stores behave in different regions were a note of concern.

"...For Kingdom Hearts 3, the [Square Enix] western offices had requested to release the game as simultaneously as much as possible between Japan and America, so we were no longer able to just think about Japanese issues and retail situations. We of course considered maybe speeding up development to release earlier than when we were told wasn't good, but the development team said that 'No, we just couldn't do that. We could delay it, but we couldn't make it any sooner.'" Nomura said.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 year ago#146
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Kushinadahime

Kushinadahime
1 year ago#147
Neat.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: jstoru216

jstoru216
1 year ago#150
THat was awesome actually. Thank you for the hard work.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Nomura Interview Archive *spoilers for the entire series*
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A