I hope this game does not 'out' me like the second did...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. I hope this game does not 'out' me like the second did...

User Info: GabranthXIV

GabranthXIV
8 months ago#1
My parents bought me the original Kingdom Hearts game when it first came out. We sat in the living room together and each evening after school I'd play it for an hour or two. They enjoyed watching me play and it served as valuable bonding time with my dad.

He used to watch me play other games too. All was going well until Kingdom Hearts II entered the scene. I returned home from school one day to a grinning father, telling me he had a surprise for me. I opened a box and KH2 was there! Neat, I thought - back then, I didn't really keep track of release dates and what not so when it was completely unexpected.

We fired it up and everything went as it did the first time around. My father watched me play.

Then it happened. Atlantica. Unlike the first time around, it wasn't an area to explore and fight in. It was a place to have Sora, Ariel and friends dance and sing. I instinctively moved to the rhythm and sang along...but my father was furious.

He stormed to the PS2 and switched it off, outraged. He stared me in the eyes and asked why I was playing a 'girl's game'. I defended it, saying it was a fun scene...and then it escalated. He called me names, asked me about my sexuality...and in my fear, I confessed.

He stormed out not long after. I haven't seen my father in years, now. My mother has supported me, though I'm terrified about Kingdom Hearts III. I want to get it, though I don't want people to suffer a similar experience to what I did. They better not have any musical zones.

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
8 months ago#2
Uh huh.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
8 months ago#3
Enclave posted...
Uh huh.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: ATfire567

ATfire567
8 months ago#4
;_;
Fan of the "Arch-Enemy" trope

User Info: Bloodshed113094

Bloodshed113094
8 months ago#5
If he can't accept you for who you are, I can't imagine you would have ever really gotten along once you were adults. I can't imagine this is a singular incident, but I also don't see it being something that wouldn't have happened anyways. I feel like your pushing blame from your father onto the game.

I agree on no musical sections, but that's because they always suck.
I shouldn't have to clarify it's my opinion. You should assume that already.

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
8 months ago#6
F
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

User Info: cess

cess
8 months ago#7
Congrats, you single handedly ruined your parents marriage.

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
8 months ago#8
I would have believed this tale but I can't buy for a second that your father stormed out of the house and never looked back because of a video game. Or rather, because a video game outed your sexuality. Yes, some parents are horrible and they kick their kids out or send them to be with relatives, but to just walk out without a word and without possessions or an argument with is wife and to never come back...no.

User Info: KajeI

KajeI
8 months ago#9
cess posted...
Congrats, you single handedly ruined your parents marriage.

You won the topic.
Look, i can name a few instances in MY life where i tried to reach mutual understanding
and i can TELL you, always faster and easier to just kill em. Just is!

User Info: kinode

kinode
8 months ago#10
Eh, I kinda relate
I mean, it's no surprise to my parents that I'm gay NOW, but I can see my dad acting like that a few years ago if he saw me playing KH2. I'm not really worried about it nowadays though, I've disappointed him too much already for it to be a surprise lmao
He still jokes around about The Mickey Mouse game anyway I guess, but that's just annoying, not something awful like this.
This might be kind of a troll topic, but knowing the world we live in, I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't...
SENA will actually start a keyblade war at this point
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. I hope this game does not 'out' me like the second did...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived