Which FF character do u reckon Hades will blackmail this time? (mkh1/2 spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Which FF character do u reckon Hades will blackmail this time? (mkh1/2 spoilers)

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
1 year ago#11
HipsterSora posted...
you forgot BBS and Zack

but sure, Noctis or Lightning, why not.

Zack wasnt summoned,
He fit in with the theme of 'Whats a hero?' perfectly, especially with how his demise mirrors Hercs sacrifice without the god armour. But he wasnt summoned.
"I've nothing to add to the discussion. Just here to say what the word 'Opinion' means because I think people dont know. Unless you agree with me"

User Info: GrandCross6

GrandCross6
1 year ago#12
Lightning, they can have Serah be dead and Hades can make a deal with Lightning and Lightning betrays him later on since she would have suspicions from the start.
The Final Fantasy series died for our sins and resurrected on April 4 as Persona 5

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
1 year ago#13
GrandCross6 posted...
Lightning, they can have Serah be dead and Hades can make a deal with Lightning and Lightning betrays him later on since she would have suspicions from the start.

Only problem with that is the potential FF spoilers. Although Auron being dead is pretty much a major spoiler but they never outright stated this how 'fitting' this was in KH2, so it could still work, or do as someone else suggested where its based on Serah being petrified.

I'd still dread them giving a FFXIII character centre-stage, hopefully they will ignore FFXIII altogether in defiance of that inneffectual clown who fronted those games and delayed KH3 considerably.

EDIT: This is random and uncouth but just so I can say I did mention it: The Kingdom Hearts APP has just started its anniversery event. Its a dumb paytowin game but if you play it now you will get so much jewels from this event that you will be set for life.
"I've nothing to add to the discussion. Just here to say what the word 'Opinion' means because I think people dont know. Unless you agree with me"

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
1 year ago#14
Honestly, I just want more FF characters to fight in a second Showdown at Hollow Bastion. It was so awesome the first time.
"A delayed game will eventually be good, while a rushed game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto.

User Info: SOLDIER_Bankai

SOLDIER_Bankai
1 year ago#15
Lightning or Noctis would be the big ones, so probably one of them.

liger0jaeger posted...
digitalwill2000 posted...
@jaeger Thats pretty good, I could see that. Considering Hercules story was finished in KH2 and that Hades is a fan favourite I could see his main priority being revenge or just securing the keyblade for himself "blah blah it takes more than power to wield a keyblade you'd never understand blah blah"

Edit: The advent children also cememted cloud as an emo. If anything its Squall who is more like the designated emo in the flagship series, but he was also a leader-type and that was emphasised in KH

I always thought that the events of FFVII finally took a toll on cloud so he's more down the lines of clinical depression or maybe PTSD. Doesn't he change a bit near the end of the movie around the time the geostigma healing rain occurs or am I remembering wrong?

You aren't. Cloud stops letting his depression get to him about half-way through the movie, and we even see/hear from him again in DoC, where he's fine. Unfortunately, people seem to ignore that a lot.

Kingdom080500 posted...
Honestly, I just want more FF characters to fight in a second Showdown at Hollow Bastion. It was so awesome the first time.

Right? I'd love to see Radiant Garden's FF characters and Ansem's apprentices in a big brawl with the Heartless/Nobodies/whatever. Maybe a bunch of them holding off 1-2 of the Xehanorts to buy time while Sora does...something.

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
1 year ago#16
It'll probably be Lightning.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 year ago#17
Zack wasnt summoned

Neither was Cloud? Both were just controlled / manipulated.
LoL : HipsterSora Love of my Life : Ezreal
The day the KH3 board died : https://gyazo.com/5d8f7594950745ef9c6b01bfe5768587

User Info: ColdNight25

ColdNight25
1 year ago#18
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...
Lightning or Noctis would be the big ones, so probably one of them.

liger0jaeger posted...
@jaeger Thats pretty good, I could see that. Considering Hercules story was finished in KH2 and that Hades is a fan favourite I could see his main priority being revenge or just securing the keyblade for himself "blah blah it takes more than power to wield a keyblade you'd never understand blah blah"

Edit: The advent children also cememted cloud as an emo. If anything its Squall who is more like the designated emo in the flagship series, but he was also a leader-type and that was emphasised in KH

I always thought that the events of FFVII finally took a toll on cloud so he's more down the lines of clinical depression or maybe PTSD. Doesn't he change a bit near the end of the movie around the time the geostigma healing rain occurs or am I remembering wrong?

You aren't. Cloud stops letting his depression get to him about half-way through the movie, and we even see/hear from him again in DoC, where he's fine. Unfortunately, people seem to ignore that a lot.

Glad someone gets it though i will admit they tend to go with Advent Cloud's personality when Cloud is a guest in another game like KH but there was a reason he acted that way in the movie. People say he is like that in every game besides the main one but in Crisis Core he had a different naive personality from any of his appearances and like you said his personality was normal in DoC. I think people projected themselves on to Cloud because he didn't have a voice actor in the original but in his beginning SOLIDER persona he was cocky and focused then when he reconciled his past he seemed humble and reserved. I recall there was a conversation before the Sephiroth fight were Cloud said something like "alright i guess we better get moving" and Cid said "why are you always like that? Take charge and say something like everyone move out." which Cloud proceeded to do but that wasn't his normal way of doing it. Recently everyone was worried about Cloud's personality in the remake and someone asked Nomura "will Cloud have his Advent Children personality?" and he replied basically "Why would he? he is going to have his originally personality it isn't Advent Children yet". Then people were surprised and said "he noticed his personality was different?" Of course he did its his character he changed his personality for a reason.

User Info: Bloodshed113094

Bloodshed113094
1 year ago#19
Caiuss Baliard. two lords of the dead hanging out. Also, James Woods and Liam O'brien in the same scene. It may end up being the best thing ever.
I shouldn't have to clarify it's my opinion. You should assume that already.

User Info: SoraOwnKeyblade

SoraOwnKeyblade
1 year ago#20
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...

The problem is that the movie doesn't really show much of him in conversations after picking himself up (apart from one little scene in Complete, which still isn't much), because it stops being a more story-focused film and gets way too wrapped up in shoving a bunch of action scenes in your face.

Additionally, despite his morose demeanor being justified, it still drags WAY too long because they skipped over all the breaking down he was supposed to go through, leaving all the good stuff to some novellas or something. People remember him when he was more angsty because that's what they mainly got to see, with everything else mostly being reduced to quick one liners. It was so excessive that he stops being sympathetic, and it gets to a point where it feels like all these problems he's going through were just excuses thought up so they could turn him into a more tortured and mopey character because that archetype was popular at the time, hence him always being labeled as an emo by people. They understand WHY he behaves that way, they just dislike how it was all executed. They're not looking for a good reason behind it all. They just dislike having to sit through so many self-indulgent broody scenes and seeing him wallow about in self-loathing and guilt for a good chunk of the movie.

He many not technically be an emo in the film, but he was clearly made more despondent to pander to that specific demographic (hell, teens in general, as they love characters that are as miserable as they are). The fact they had a song made for ACC with My Chemical Romance involved exemplifies this. That and how they gave so little s*** to resolving the Geostigma story. Everything wound up getting rectified due to Aerith suddenly fixing everything with her healing rain, which comes off as a forced deus ex machina due to the lack of explanation behind why she couldn't do it before (and no, Sephiroth was not blocking her, as she healed Cloud before the enemy was dealt with).
So sayeth the ruler of Bethos.
http://i.imgur.com/8zDU05C.png
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Which FF character do u reckon Hades will blackmail this time? (mkh1/2 spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived