• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. New to Kingdom Hearts? Here's how to get into the series. [2016 ver.]

User Info: Aylex12321

Aylex12321
2 years ago#41
^ Good luck crafting your "[2017 ver.]".
Playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Next: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4

User Info: ReishaValentyn

ReishaValentyn
2 years ago#42
sonicmasterxyz posted...
I feel like CoM and 358/2 Days should be played simultaneously.

For me the mystery of figuring out who roxas was and the cloak guys by playing in release order made the ending for days that much bittersweet.
"The Night is illuminated by the Moon surrounded by the company of the Stars." -Reisha V.
http://i.imgur.com/bCJP4N0.gifv

User Info: dantares83

dantares83
2 years ago#43
thank you.
FC: 3368-5806-9545 (kindaichi)
send me a PM if you add me

User Info: snuffles504

snuffles504
2 years ago#44
So...I was thinking about this recently, and I think at least most of us played coded in the wrong order. The ending is obviously meant as a set-up hook for BBS, but if you play them in English release order then that is completely ruined. After all, the coded that we got in North America (and anywhere outside of Japan if I remember correctly?) was actually re: coded. The original coded was released before and leading up to BBS. So saying that you should play BBS before re: coded because that was the release order is pretty much the same as saying you should play KHII before touching CoM's story because Re: CoM was released after KHII.

Granted, when speaking about coded's story relevance as a whole it's kind of...irrelevant. But the BBS tag at the end is literally the one thing it has going for it.
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
X FC: 5112-3893-8337 IGN: Abraham

Aylex12321
2 years ago#45
^ Well, it also sets up DDD.
Playing - Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Next - Okami HD

snuffles504
2 years ago#46
Aylex12321 posted...

If I remember correctly, the new theater cutscenes in 2.5 set up DDD, but those aren't present in re: coded itself.

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
2 years ago#47
do stickied topics not get locked?
LoL : HipsterSora ||| Loves of my Life : Sora and Ezreal
Sasageyo, SASAGEYO! Shinzou o Sasaaaageyo! ||| Currently reading Stone Ocean

Aylex12321
2 years ago#48
^ Apparently not.

snuffles504 posted...
Aylex12321 posted...

If I remember correctly, the new theater cutscenes in 2.5 set up DDD, but those aren't present in re: coded itself.

New theater cutscenes?
Playing - Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Next - Okami HD

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
2 years ago#49
Aylex12321 posted...
New theater cutscenes?

* = the PS3 version of [Re:coded] has additional scenes that are plot-important. If you opt to play the DS game, keep in mind there's more to watch in the HD theater. However, it is best to view this after playing [Dream Drop Distance] to avoid spoilers.

Maybe what they were talking about? Although, the new scenes set up KH3 and spoil a major twist in DDD.
http://i.imgur.com/1LrhmQE.jpg
Kari Wahlgren: "Guys, I just can't wrap my mouth around it."

snuffles504
2 years ago#50
snuffles504 posted...
Aylex12321 posted...

slmcknett posted...
Aylex12321 posted...
New theater cutscenes?

* = the PS3 version of [Re:coded] has additional scenes that are plot-important. If you opt to play the DS game, keep in mind there's more to watch in the HD theater. However, it is best to view this after playing [Dream Drop Distance] to avoid spoilers.

Maybe what they were talking about? Although, the new scenes set up KH3 and spoil a major twist in DDD.

Honestly I'm not sure myself. I don't remember re: coded setting up DDD at all. I do remember new scenes being added in for the HD remix, but I don't remember exactly what they are. So I was guessing.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. New to Kingdom Hearts? Here's how to get into the series. [2016 ver.]
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A