• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Voice actor for Scrooge Mcduck dies at 96.

User Info: cometgalleon444

cometgalleon444
2 years ago#11
He did bring one of the most cooky and interesting voices to Birth by Sleep, despite Scrooge having a small role in that game. You can tell he was having a lot of fun with the character when he was recording. Rest in peace.
"Braised beef is brilliant. I said it once and I'll say it again- braised beef is brilliant."

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
2 years ago#12
May he rest in peace.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:5
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: ajmrowland1

ajmrowland1
2 years ago#13
It is sad.

I have to remember his name.
"Hodor"-Hodor

User Info: DragonSamurai

DragonSamurai
2 years ago#14
Thank you for being such a huge part of my childhood as Scrooge, Alan. I will never forget you. T_T

GrandCross6 posted...
We've lost
Xehanort's voice actors
Christopher Lee
Minnie's japanese actress
And now Scrooge's actor died too.
May they all rest in peace.

You forgot Pete's Japanese voice, Toru Ohira.
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)

User Info: Chemazan

Chemazan
2 years ago#15
I am gonna die before this game is released?

User Info: Tgirl

Tgirl
2 years ago#16
^ Of course not, unless something does happen, we'll give ya lots of protection spells.

But, if there's any other elderly (or any other reason) Disney VA out there, we may have to pray for their health as well.

(I'm surprised Alice in Wonderland's VA still had it in her to voice Alice. o__0)
kh-info-block.tumblr.com [read] [educate] [understand] // NNID: Tgirl0
Trails in the Sky - the Third - 2017 - long live XSeed!

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
2 years ago#17
XCutthemacX posted...
His voice actor dying would have no effect on a DuckTales world happening or not, especially case it's the English voice actor. Is Xehanort not gonna be in the game now because his voice actors died? Besides, he may have already recorded his lines. And I don't think a DuckTales world had a very good chance of happening anyway.

Why does the fact that it was the English VA matter? Scrooge would still be in the game even if his Japanese VA died, assuming he was going to be in the game at all (though since he's been in most past entries, he has a good shot of being in KH anyway) as he isn't a Japanese character so the VA death = character retirement doesnt apply here if his Japanese VA wouldve died.

It would be up to Disney USA if they would ever stop using him after this but since it's Disney, they don't typically retire characters even after their VAs have died so Scrooge McDuck will still be around after this. They have to be VERY unpopular/unknown for Disney to retire characters.

That said, I agree with the rest of your post. Xehanort isn't being taken out of the game because both of his VAs are dead as he's too important to the plot for that to happen and Scrooge will be in regardless if he was already planned

RIP Alan Young. You were awesome as Scrooge and made my and my brother'so childhood awesome by bring Scrooge to life in Ducks ales and everything else he's been in
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
2 years ago#18
So sad. There goes our chance for a Ducktales world.

Gizmo Duck still exists. So there's that.

I am gonna die before this game is released?

Just come back as a Nobody and play it.

User Info: Acecynic

Acecynic
2 years ago#19
He lived a full life. A damn good life at that. No need to feel any sadness.

User Info: ajmrowland1

ajmrowland1
2 years ago#20
Tgirl posted...
^ Of course not, unless something does happen, we'll give ya lots of protection spells.

But, if there's any other elderly (or any other reason) Disney VA out there, we may have to pray for their health as well.

(I'm surprised Alice in Wonderland's VA still had it in her to voice Alice. o__0)

She's not 90, so there's that.
"Hodor"-Hodor
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Voice actor for Scrooge Mcduck dies at 96.
  • Topic Archived