• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Kingdom Hearts is a Disney series developed by Square

User Info: kingrat2314

kingrat2314
4 years ago#31
Does this need to be said? I mean, it's obvious. I don't know how much it's brought up on this board, but this just seems like a vet circle jerk. I mean, especially with cringey lines like "this topic was made to educate them." Like the "vets" are all of one mind in some secret club. What are you guys vets of anyway? Of KH gamefaqs boards, or of the game?

If it's vets of gamefaqs boards, well that's hilarious that you need to give yourself some name to make you sound important because you've been on some message boards for a long time.

If you're vets of the series, meaning you've been a fan since the release of KH1, well I'm a vet too, and can confirm this doesn't even matter one way or the other whether this is a SE game or a Disney game. This is like when my little brother would get made at me because I wouldn't call his bionicles by their proper names. Or when school children get mad because an adult called their pokemon pokeymans.

"It's not pokeyman, DAD, it's poe kay mon! Not every pokemon is pikachu, DAD!"

Let it go, lest you have an aneurism or something, and put your high horses back in their stables. They need rest.
kingrat2314 posted...
Does this need to be said? I mean, it's obvious. I don't know how much it's brought up on this board, but this just seems like a vet circle jerk. I mean, especially with cringey lines like "this topic was made to educate them." Like the "vets" are all of one mind in some secret club. What are you guys vets of anyway? Of KH gamefaqs boards, or of the game?

If it's vets of gamefaqs boards, well that's hilarious that you need to give yourself some name to make you sound important because you've been on some message boards for a long time.

If you're vets of the series, meaning you've been a fan since the release of KH1, well I'm a vet too, and can confirm this doesn't even matter one way or the other whether this is a SE game or a Disney game. This is like when my little brother would get made at me because I wouldn't call his bionicles by their proper names. Or when school children get mad because an adult called their pokemon pokeymans.

Let it go, lest you have an aneurism or something, and put your high horses back in their stables. They need rest.

It's more efficient to direct someone to a topic having all the necessary information than to post a thematic essay occasionally.
"Time is precious, so waste it wisely "-Who knows http://media.giphy.com/media/eWHbU3NzNMyeA/giphy.gif

User Info: Tmo1992

Tmo1992
4 years ago#33
I think someone is a little butt hurt for some reason. Did someone not remember your name once? It'll be ok, I promise. Now go play some bionicles.
Roll Tide!
Psn: Tmo992

User Info: Tgirl

Tgirl
4 years ago#34
BonQuiQuiLutowy posted...
kingrat2314 posted...

It's more efficient to direct someone to a topic having all the necessary information than to post a thematic essay occasionally.

As Bonbon said, it's easier to point people out to one topic instead of having to repeat it so many times. Nothing to do with being long time fans, really... There are just so many fans/players, who haven't gotten the memo. This goes beyond someone misspelling or mispronouncing a name.

So, it's good to give a little trivia to those, who don't know. It doesn't hurt now, does it? :)
kh-info-block.tumblr.com [read] [educate] [understand] // NNID: Tgirl0
D.Gray-Man returned! http://bit.ly/1GgypMc

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
4 years ago#35
It covers the basics of the history/basis behind the series that people may ask about; their constant recurring questions keep being repeated.

People commonly confuse the series as something that's a Disney X FF crossover when FF isn't the basis for the series. Cameos have made it in, but storylines aren't based off of FF plots so much and if they pull something personal for the characters, it's changed from the source material. There has been less and less presence. Some games only have the Moogle as a reference. It's more of a Square influence. Characters from TWEWY had a minor appearance. The most prominent points are the original plot and the Disney world affairs that most prominently involve Disney and original characters.
A General of Pokelite Trainers' Sanctum
Chances are slm to none at best

User Info: CoroziEtaRumni

CoroziEtaRumni
4 years ago#36
I have requested it... *casual, inspects fingernails*
By the Grace of God, King and Lord Sovereign of the United Kingdoms of Kelogia and Gilumia and of His other Realms and Territories... You may call me Corozi.

User Info: MysteriousKori

MysteriousKori
4 years ago#37
kingrat2314 posted...

You seem quite worked up. Just because this information is obvious to you, doesn't mean it's obvious to everyone else. This confusion is demonstrated by the posts/threads that Tgirl linked.

By "them" I meant newcomers or people who don't know much about KH in the legal sense. I, and I'm sure Tgirl as well, was in no way trying to make them appear inferior to us fans who've been playing for a long time. We were all new to the series once and not all of us knew that this was a Disney game with FF cameos. In fact, I used to think it was a Disney x FF crossover myself. With this topic, we can link to it whenever someone seems confused about KH's ownership. Or better yet, if this topic gets stickied, maybe someone will read it before posting.

kingrat2314 posted...

Yes, it does matter, because many fans have expressed wanting FF worlds and KH's ownership is the reason why there are no FF worlds.
Awaiting: Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Mass Effect 4, and Super Mario Maker
PSN: IterTemporis | NNID: Aetherelle
(message deleted)

User Info: xeno_x-blade20

xeno_x-blade20
4 years ago#39
Sticky requested, Tgirl. Now we have a topic for those that don't know where to start, and potentially one for which company actually owns Kingdom Hearts.
"On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire. The future...It's already been written." - Young Xehanort

User Info: BusterKeyZ

BusterKeyZ
4 years ago#40
Congrats on the sticky T! :D

Alkamizt posted...
Why do people over-analyze this game so much? It's a whimsical, Disney/Square adventure with fun combat. Enjoy it for what it is, or stay away from it. I hate seeing people trying to analyze the characters and story so much. Good post, TC.

As others have already noted, not sure where you're coming from with this especially in this topic, but people like to analyze narratives. Ever take a Literature class where your teacher is getting worked up about a book you don't, for whatever reason, really take seriously? Same case applies here.

SE also has a habit of leaving a lot of things up for interpretation, sort of laying all evidence out but not outright confirming things (FFVIII comes to my mind immediately as an example of this). They've done the same with Kingdom Hearts such as (major DDD spoilers ahead) Nobodies being able to grow their own hearts, something we could have been able to guess since KH2 and (CoM spoilers ahead) Nobodies being a thing in general is something we might have been able to pull from CoM alone (though perhaps this one would take a little more evidence than just what CoM gave us but somebody else who's played it more recently than I can state whether or not I'm right).

If you don't read into it that much and just let story do all the work, that's perfectly fine, but a lot of people like making theories and reading into things, and that's cool too.
**Disney Historian in Training**
FFRK Tyro/Sentinel Grimoire - QjcW [Cloud/Braver for Tifa event]
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Kingdom Hearts is a Disney series developed by Square
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A