• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. QTE/reaction commands are gone

User Info: Super_Sora_232

Super_Sora_232
4 years ago#1
According to a partially translated interview.
Source: http://www.khinsider.com/news/Quick-Time-Events-Will-Not-be-in-KH3-5575
Official Yen Sid of the Kingdom Hearts III Boards
Not changing this sig until I come up with something original ie: never

User Info: KH2Rulz

KH2Rulz
4 years ago#2
Kinda sad considering how much depth they added to combat.

Still, I'm sure Nomura will think of a way to enhance KH3, plus this could possibly mean commands of some kind are still in (since the triangle button is now free.)

User Info: Glavewurm

Glavewurm
4 years ago#3
boo
Riku, who was, in turn, pretending to be Ansem pretending to be Ansem while he worked for Ansem who was pretending to be Ansem pretending to be Ansem. ~ KMAnsem

User Info: Tgirl

Tgirl
4 years ago#4
Fine with this. Haven't seen QTEs since KH2, and I don't particularly miss the reaction commands. I don't have to keep seeing battle cutscenes of Sora smashing away at enemies. I'd rather be part of that action rather than just watch it. QTE-free since KH2 for the rest of the games has been good.
kh-info-block.tumblr.com [read] [educate] [understand] // NNID: Tgirl0
http://bit.ly/16uQzR9 // D.Gray-Man returns 2015~!

User Info: D_Winds

D_Winds
4 years ago#5
WHAT

no buy

Nah, this can only be considered a good thing.
Look up at the Sky.....there must be a Fantasy.

User Info: Tgirl

Tgirl
4 years ago#6
Since they only partially did the interview., I'll work on some of it until my laptop runs out of juice for the heck of it.

*Notes: I had to reword some stuff, while adapting this, because the Japanese language makes some sentences awkward.

Are the boss battle reaction commands completely dead?

Nomura: That's right. We got rid of the important QTE component from "KHII", however, it gave us a big challenge to make flash[ier] battles. Every action can be unleashed by a player's favorite timing.

There are numerous works being over-taken with real graphics, but overseas, "KHIII" seems to be [widely] received in the 'Kingdom Theater'.

Nomura: That is possibly an estimation, because that artwork IS a distinctive characteristic of "KH".
(T/N: This was a tough sentence to work through. =,= Quickie edit: The two kanji says "picture work", so, I had to change it from its literal translation.)

On the contrary, .......

Tgirl: Oh! The warning sign. My laptop is almost running out of juice. Sorry, got to stop translating now. ^__^; *waves* *flees*
kh-info-block.tumblr.com [read] [educate] [understand] // NNID: Tgirl0
http://bit.ly/16uQzR9 // D.Gray-Man returns 2015~!

User Info: Num13Roxas

Num13Roxas
4 years ago#7
So no more cool moments like cutting multiple buildings? Or deflecting lasers as both Sora and Riku? Lame
Owner of the Dead Or Alive 5:Last Round PC board
Official Future Gohan of the DBXV boards

User Info: Emerald_Lance

Emerald_Lance
4 years ago#8
Awww, dammit... Normally I'm not into QTEs, but I liked the reaction commands in KH2.

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
4 years ago#9
Yay more skill now.
What would an A.I know about freedom?

User Info: PlasmWraith

PlasmWraith
4 years ago#10
Mixed emotions
( [] )
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts III