• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Transistor
  3. Beat The Spine in under a minute

User Info: vertigobleak

vertigobleak
4 years ago#1
This boss...
Posted about it on the ps4 boards last night. Was stuck for well over an hour and eventually rage quit.

Came back today and wrecked him. Setup as follows:

Spark
Load+Ping+Help
Mask+Crash
Jaunt+Breach
Passive: Bounce

Strategy was to hit hard and fast. Start by heading to middle and plant one load mine. Go into turn mode and plant three more mines. Exit turn mode and dash into mines. This should spawn the adds, don't worry about them. Repeat the turn mode -> load mine -> jaunt dash to explode. Use Mask to turn invisible while waiting for turn mode to recharge.

I hope this helps!

User Info: Exentryk

Exentryk
4 years ago#2
I can do enough damage to kill it in one hit. But unfortunately he is protected at specific Health Points, so he doesn't die in one hit lol.
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.

User Info: JolosGhost

JolosGhost
4 years ago#3
Exentryk posted...
I can do enough damage to kill it in one hit. But unfortunately he is protected at specific Health Points, so he doesn't die in one hit lol.

This. I had him at -1000 HP during one turn, but you can't actually deal that much.

Jerks are protected at 500 HP per time. Luckily, Purge will take them down past their protection points, so I tend to use that quite often.

By that, I mean that there's a protection against burst damage, since they're intended to survive the turn process, so they have a chance to kill you.

They will continue taking damage-over time, though, but their final HP will usually not be representative of the projections during Turn(), simply because of those protected values, since sometimes the "protected" values will shave off just enough damage to make the projections seem innacurate.
Currently Playing: God of War III, LittleBigPlanet 1 & 3, Jak & Daxter HD, Re: Chain of Memories, Ground Zeroes

User Info: IFDragon

IFDragon
4 years ago#4
JolosGhost posted...
Exentryk posted...

This. I had him at -1000 HP during one turn, but you can't actually deal that much.

Jerks are protected at 500 HP per time. Luckily, Purge will take them down past their protection points, so I tend to use that quite often.

By that, I mean that there's a protection against burst damage, since they're intended to survive the turn process, so they have a chance to kill you.

They will continue taking damage-over time, though, but their final HP will usually not be representative of the projections during Turn(), simply because of those protected values, since sometimes the "protected" values will shave off just enough damage to make the projections seem innacurate.

that explains the survival shenanigans of jerks and the spine when i run cull(i have it at about 3600 damage a use on backstabs, just got 2nd void so now i can get it over 5k)
Dark Arisen pawns PSN:ajmort696: Rachel lvl200 sorc
ALT:TheRandomEvent: Gustave lv200 rust ranger
  1. Boards
  2. Transistor
  3. Beat The Spine in under a minute
  • Topic Archived