• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Transistor
  3. Completed the game (NG+ too)! Here is my end setup!

User Info: Exentryk

Exentryk
4 years ago#1
Just finished recursing through the game once (NG+). This is the setup I had by the end. Basically had no issues in any fight. Final boss couldn't even get a 2nd turn lol (he gets the first turn automatically).

Mask
- Ping

Tap
- Void
- Breach

Void
- Spark
- Purge

Jaunt
- Spark
- Purge

Passives:
Mask
Crash
Bounce

32 Memory
7 limiters (Unused = Resilience [shielded cell], Responsibility [-6 MEM], Permanance [Overload at Access Points])

Strategy:
- Use Turn.
- Jaunt x1 or x2 as required to close in on target/s.
- Void x2 (325% debuff)
- Tap x1 or x2 (731 per hit)

After this, if required, you can use Mask to hide from attacks until next turn charges up, or just Jaunt around firing those Purges and Sparks (5 of them with each Jaunt) until next turn. Repeat Strategy.
If you require more damage from a single Tap (~1400 per hit), you can add in Mask after Void, and before Tap.

Going to turn on the 10 limiters now to get that trophy and that'll be it.
Great experience!
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.

Exentryk
4 years ago#2
Optimized the above a little:

Mask
- Ping

Tap
- Get
- Breach

Void
- Spark
- Purge

Jaunt
- Spark
- Purge

Passives:
Mask
Crash
Void
Get

32 Memory
7 limiters
(Unused = Resilience [shielded cell], Responsibility [-6 MEM], Permanance [Overload at Access Points])

Strategy:
- Use Turn.
- Jaunt x1 or x2 as required to close in on target/s.
- Void x2 (325% debuff)
- Tap x1 (700-1500+ per hit)

Adding Get to Tap makes an amazing difference. The damage with Get depends on how far you are from the enemy (further you are, more damage you do). And there is enough turn time to cast Tap twice, so even 3000 damage is not out of reach.
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
4 years ago#3
Reading your posts reminds me of how good the combat system is. It's too bad it takes so long to unlock everything bc lots of people seem to be getting negative impressions of the game due to ps+. If you buy the game you are more invested and see it through.

One major difference is I used HELP to summon the dog. When you enter the PLAN stage you can switch back and forth with controlling the dog and Red..

Then line up the dog attacking enemy A twice (down to half HP) and enemy B twice. I switch over to Red and have her do the same thing. When you start up time, they both go to enemy A for a total of 4 attacks and kill it. It really does add a layer of strategy that's hard to describe in text.

Edit: You should try this for a few battles and you will see what I mean. It changes the gameplay a lot IMO.
Vita + PS4 is a great combo

Exentryk
4 years ago#4
Yeah, I did try those Help dogs in the sandbox. Adds another layer of strategy if you control the dogs in Turn. And this has just made me think if we can control Switched enemies in Turn? Probably not.

Anyway, I decided to not go with the dogs simply because it takes a while to execute in realtime, and you're open to attacks then. I also found that it's easier/quicker if you have less things to manage. Of course, that's my personal play style, and everyone will have their own.
The beauty of the game is it lets people play like they want. I hope this type of combat gets used else where. The closest thing I recall in recent times in Bravely Default.
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.

User Info: carib2g

carib2g
4 years ago#5
Just got my Plat! Probably my favorite plat (I don't worry platting many games!)

My setup was so different tho...and although final boss did have a second and third turn, I was never in danger of losing a function.

Tap & Void as actives became my best friends! I ran bounce as active as well to handle cleanup of weeds, bad cells etc. Cull with upgrade that gives bonus for backstabbing was my 4th active..had a couple defensive passives, jaunt, spark, crash and tap (for the 50% life boost).

I really like your idea of using jaunt as active with purge upgrade tho! I never even tried that! So many possibilities!

Gonna give it a couple weeks, and give this game a third run-through!
Playing: Far Cry 4, GTAV, Shadow Warrior, The Order: 1886 [soon]
Gamercard: http://psnprofiles.com/Carib2g

User Info: Estabon1

Estabon1
4 years ago#6
There is almost no end to the number of builds in this game! Absolutely love it!
The game can't bite back... the predator effectively has no teeth. - Moose_Of_Woe re. Destiny's (lack of) difficulty
XBL: Shawn Batey / PSN: MastaBatey89

Exentryk
4 years ago#7
Love that people have such different builds ^^

For the fun of it, I tried to beat the "Spine" boss in one turn. Even though I was managing to do more than 4400 damage in one turn, the boss is protected at multiple health check points, so you can't damage the boss more than that in one hit. The game devs probably realised the potential broken combinations and added it as a counter measure.

Anyway, game is platinumed, but I still feel like playing more haha.
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.

User Info: JolosGhost

JolosGhost
4 years ago#8
Exentryk posted...
Love that people have such different builds ^^

For the fun of it, I tried to beat the "Spine" boss in one turn. Even though I was managing to do more than 4400 damage in one turn, the boss is protected at multiple health check points, so you can't damage the boss more than that in one hit. The game devs probably realised the potential broken combinations and added it as a counter measure.

Anyway, game is platinumed, but I still feel like playing more haha.

Same here, and Platinum is usually the breaking point for me.
Currently Playing: God of War III, LittleBigPlanet 1 & 3, Jak & Daxter HD, Re: Chain of Memories, Ground Zeroes
  1. Boards
  2. Transistor
  3. Completed the game (NG+ too)! Here is my end setup!
  • Topic Archived