• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Order: 1886
  3. I'm so glad I ignored all the hate...

User Info: Noning

Noning
6 years ago#1
Picked up the premium version of the game last night from Gamestop and I'm about 4 hours into Hard Mode. It's a beautiful game which focuses on quality over content. I haven't had this much fun with a third person shooter since the original Gears of War. Looking forward to the DLC and I can't wait for the sequel!
PSN and 360 gamer tag - Victr1

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
6 years ago#2
I am picking up my copy later today and I will be playing it while some posters make topics&posts about a game that they hate.
I used to care but now I take a pill for that

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
6 years ago#3
I'm enjoying it too, looking forward to see where this goes in the last 3-4 chapters and as you say sequel/dlc if it gets that far.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: ZERO_X02

ZERO_X02
6 years ago#4
Quality over content? Why not both? Plenty of other games give you quality AND content.

The Order: 1886: "We've got half of what you want!"
Bring back Mega Man! ...It finally happened!

Noning
6 years ago#5
You'll be happy with your purchase. Take your time with the game. Enjoy the beautiful graphics and tense gun fights. I just finished Chapter 4. Looking forward to playing this over the weekend.

User Info: reverence26

reverence26
6 years ago#6
65% on metacritic.

You think this doesn't matter?
"YOU would have me linger in the dark and cold, when I KNOW light and warmth exists".

User Info: SevenFourteen

SevenFourteen
6 years ago#7
I played two hours tonight and I have to say that this is the last straw.

I'm done with video game news/review sites. The unwarranted hate and disgusting fanboyism is beyond salvageable. This game is fantastic.

I think the problem everyone has with it is that's it's not a typical AAA game. It's slower-paced, methodical, and the devs obviously wanted us to take our time just living in the world they've made.

They were expecting a summer blockbuster movie. We got something much more deliberate and intelligent.

Noning
6 years ago#8
I couldn't agree with you more sevenfourteen. I don't even bother with internet reviews or even E3. I wait until a month or so before a game is released and I watch gameplay videos to see what a game's really about.

User Info: SevenFourteen

SevenFourteen
6 years ago#9
Noning posted...
I couldn't agree with you more sevenfourteen. I don't even bother with internet reviews or even E3. I wait until a month or so before a game is released and I watch gameplay videos to see what a game's really about.

I can, 100% of the time, tell from gameplay videos whether or not I'll enjoy a game. I knew I'd like this one as it felt like it had weight to it. But I wasn't prepared for enjoying the atmosphere, character interactions and overall setting as much as I am. I'm a sucker for old English dialogue. I sat there reading an entire article on an in-game newspaper just loving the detail.

Gonna be joining you on staying away from the obviously out-of-touch games media from now on.

User Info: Hitman5150

Hitman5150
6 years ago#10
reverence26 posted...
65% on metacritic.

You think this doesn't matter?

Not if you enjoy a game,no it does not matter. Instead of listening to others opinions why not be a big boy and think for yourself.
  1. Boards
  2. The Order: 1886
  3. I'm so glad I ignored all the hate...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A