• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War Collection
  3. God of War 2 - Crossing the lowlands

User Info: Haunter_93

Haunter_93
5 years ago#1
Has anyone reached that area yet?

I seemed to be having problems with Kratos reaching the platform right after the 4th column (the one that requires him to spin).

This was really an easy feat in the PS2 and I had passed it numerous times. The Vita version seems almost impossible. I could get as close to the platform but Kratos couldn't even grab the ledge. I've fallen probably more than 30 times. Once I reach quite near the edge but there seemed to be an invisible wall blocking me.

I'm stuck here for like a few hours. I wouldn't mind if I'm stuck in combat. If this is a bug or glitch, then I hope there'll be a patch or something.

Anyone else got this problem?

Haunter_93
5 years ago#2
Ok, ok. I got it.

I now have to wait for the 4th pillar to drop first. Previously, I could jump onto the platform when it was just shaking.

User Info: Reich123

Reich123
5 years ago#3
yes I have the same problem you are having but everytime it starts to fall I cannot make it in time. Really frustrating section.

Reich123
5 years ago#4
I feel like it is a glitch. I remember it being really easy to pass that section.

User Info: kfki

kfki
5 years ago#5
I can't get pass the third pillars where kratos has to spinning around jump over the platform. but i can't make it with the vita! i don't recall having such a trouble playing on my ps2!

Haunter_93
5 years ago#6
The only way I got through it is when that pillar (the one where kratos is spinning) is falling. You really have to see it fall, not shake.

After I completed that part the first time, I saved my game and went back to try it a few times more to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Indeed, after a good 30mins - 1hour of trying other methods, the only way is to:
- count 3 swings (the moment you hit and hold O, count it as one)
- the moment you see the pillar starting to fall hold it there until Kratos is heading towards the platform and then take that leap of faith.

In layman's terms, do not jump until
- you see the pillar falling not "starting to fall/shaking". (to help better visualize, at least let the pillar be tilted like 45 degrees).
- Kratos is near the platform.
Then jump and hope like mad he lands on the damn platform. But don't congratulate yourself yet until you've completed the crossing otherwise you're back at the start.

Good luck, fellow warriors.

Reich123
5 years ago#7
I think that section got harder for some reason. It was easy to do in the other versions.

User Info: yipeeyahoo

yipeeyahoo
5 years ago#8
I just passed it, thanks TC :)
PSN:Yipeeyahoo
You are welcome to add me :D

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
5 years ago#9
Just swing more than once and it should work. Not too bad.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/GE PR/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: kfki

kfki
5 years ago#10
no i tried your method, still cannot DOOOOO IIIIITTTT!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. God of War Collection
  3. God of War 2 - Crossing the lowlands
  • Topic Archived