The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D World
  3. Let's list some Mario games that haven't aged too well.
(message deleted)

User Info: BabyLuigiOnFire

BabyLuigiOnFire
4 years ago#2
Most N64 games, actually.

I mean, oh my god, Mario Kart 64 is awful today. On a system that was responsible for Rayman 2, Diddy Kong Racing, and Beetle Adventure Racing, that game looks absolutely atrocious. I freaking hate the pre-rendered 2D sprites, they look extremely ugly; I prefer the polygonal Mario and Luigi from, say Mario Tennis and Mario Party over what looks like pixelated vomit on my screen
Your marginally cranky Baby Luigi enthusiast, at your service.
I'm also a rare breed of internet, video gaming organism called the human woman.
(message deleted)

BabyLuigiOnFire
4 years ago#4
Wiiboy4ever posted...
BabyLuigiOnFire posted...
Most N64 games, actually.

I mean, oh my god, Mario Kart 64 is awful today. On a system that was responsible for Rayman 2, Diddy Kong Racing, and Beetle Adventure Racing, that game looks absolutely atrocious. I freaking hate the pre-rendered 2D sprites, they look extremely ugly; I prefer the polygonal Mario and Luigi from, say Mario Tennis and Mario Party over what looks like pixelated vomit on my screen
LMFAO

also,
http://textures.emulation64.com/data/uploads/screenshots/kerbs-mariokart-re-texture.jpg

What...is...this....graphical....screenfart?
I'm also a rare breed of internet, video gaming organism called the human woman.
(message deleted)

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
4 years ago#6
mario 64's design philosophy is clearly based on a desire to save memory more than as a conscious way to move the series forward
there's so much reuse of level design that it's almost sickening at points (and the ds version had the nerve to add character-switching tedium into the mix)

sunshine wasn't that good to begin with, but the music is really repetitive and the levels were small and in too low a quantity, even for its time
it's extremely disappointing for the game to have so few to see, especially when it's very similar to 64 in that it reuses tons and tons of content to pad out the game (fighting some bosses an insane amount of times, having to do the platforming to the top of noki bay several times, the hotel generally being annoying despite its nice concept, pinna park being extremely cramped and smaller than bob-omb battlefield)

BabyLuigiOnFire
4 years ago#7
Wiiboy4ever posted...
BabyLuigiOnFire posted...
What...is...this....graphical....screenfart?
I'm pretty sure these graphics are MK8-tier, just sayin

Really? They look like the game from a 3D PC shooter....from 1993

User Info: Blargg

Blargg
4 years ago#8
Mario 64 has probably aged the worst. The first Mario Land doesn't hold up too well either.
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."
(message deleted)

User Info: Boo Destroyer

Boo Destroyer
4 years ago#10
Blargg posted...
Mario 64 has probably aged the worst. The first Mario Land doesn't hold up too well either.

Yeah, even when I first played Mario 64 back then, my first thought was not, "Wow, check out these sweet 3D graphics!" It was, "Why does Mario look so damn blocky?"

And right, Super Mario Land was awful in general. To think it's the only reason people worship Daisy at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D World
  3. Let's list some Mario games that haven't aged too well.
  • Topic Archived