• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D World
  3. I got the OST from Star Catalogue and I love how the pics tell a little story.

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
7 years ago#1
Sorry for the bad quality pictures, but that's the best my lame-ass phone can do.

Front cover: http://i.imgur.com/1I8qrxA.jpg
Back cover: http://i.imgur.com/Tf5zd7S.jpg
Disc 1: http://i.imgur.com/afWthGm.jpg
Disc 2: http://i.imgur.com/SHS78Bh.jpg
Booklet with descriptions of each track. Here the story begins with Mario getting his saxophone: http://i.imgur.com/P9bvUTC.jpg
Mario, Luigi, Toad and Peach meet up: http://i.imgur.com/cL5viwZ.jpg
Mario hears from a Luma that Rosalina is also coming: http://i.imgur.com/UkHSnLN.jpg
Bowser brings his drums and minions along: http://i.imgur.com/v63HXfN.jpg
The heroes and villains meet up and a Spike acts as a conductor: http://i.imgur.com/0QMPi6R.jpg
The orchestra performs: http://i.imgur.com/hXWaSiK.jpg
The concert ends and the Spike bows to the audience: http://i.imgur.com/3tY4404.jpg

This is the kind of ridiculous care to details Nintendo is famous for, and it's glorious. X3
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

User Info: aliashubbatch

aliashubbatch
7 years ago#2
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Mario hears from a Luma that Rosalina is also coming: http://i.imgur.com/UkHSnLN.jpg

You're gonna have to get rid of this one; Rosalina has an electric guitar. People are gonna piss and moan saying it ruins her backstory.
# of times a topic/comment is 10/10 & I offer to buy the poster a beer: 14
# of people who would accept said beer: 2

User Info: SmokedChili

SmokedChili
7 years ago#3
Hey, can you possibly write down those descriptions for each song? I'd copy them myself, but yeah, the quality of these pics is bad...
Rosalina and Samus Aran are so alike. According to GameFAQS proofreading, they are not names.

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
7 years ago#4
I lol'd heartily at Kamek riding a trumpet instead of his broomstick.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. 3DS FC - 0087 2307 1826
"Dex I love you but sometimes you make me wanna vomit" - vidgameking84

BeanBeanKingdom
7 years ago#5
SmokedChili posted...

Sure, sorry for the bad quality. Here I go.

Page 1 - SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/Performed by the MARIO 3D WORLD BIG BAND

Page 3 - Say Hello to Cat Mario! Our hero gets a whole new look as Cat Mario for SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD. In his new guise, he can bound around the courses, scamper up poles and cling onto walls. The game's soundtrack features a whole host of fun, energetic tracks that give Mario a new spring in his step as he explores the exciting 3D world. You'll find familiar tunes from the series, such as the Athletic Theme, reworked in new and exciting ways. Get ready to enjoy a Super Mario soundtrack with a difference!

Page 4 - DISC 1

Page 5 - 01. Title Screen - A simple tune to ease you into the game, it doesn't have any shocks or surprises. Keep watching the title screen and you'll be able to view one of a total of six gameplay demos. Have you seen them all?

02. World 1 - The Sprixie Princess and her followers have been captured by Bowser! But before you get round to rescuing them, you'll want to spend a bit of time exploring the opening World. This laid back tune is just perfect for getting your bearings.

03. Super Bell Hill - Coming up with the music for World 1-1 in a new Super Mario title is the biggest challenge of all for us as the composers. It presents the same difficulties faced by the design team creating the opening course. But that just makes it all the more rewarding when you finally get it right.

04. Underground Theme - The music for the underground courses in Super Mario games may sound like it always has the same arrangement, but it actually differs subtly each time. Perhaps next time we'll shake things up with a major reworking... Or perhaps not!

05. Switch Scramble Circus - We used wind instruments for this march tune. If you listen carefully, you'll notice that the orchestra plays the piece in its entirety, ending as you reach the goal. The arrangement varies depending on the speed of your progress.

06. Course Clear! - We always put a lot of time and effort into getting the fanfare that greets you at the end of each course right. After all, you'll be hearing it hundreds of times.

07. World 2 - We worked with the melody we used in World 1, giving it a desert feel by adapting the instrumentation.

08. Mystery House Entrance - The Mystery House can be a bewildering place, but you get to take a short breather at the entrance. The music reflects this, letting you relax and forget your troubles for a moment.

09. Going All Out in the Mystery House - We imagine this theme has become quite familiar to players by now. The difference is the audio quality, which has become better and better over the years as gaming technology has developed.

10. Shifty Boo Mansion - A slightly plaintive violine melody is just perfect for a haunted house, don't you think? There's something about that sound that can send a chill down your spine... As graphics have improved and the action in the haunted house has got more immersive, we found there was no need to make the music too scary or over the top. We opted instead for a bright, dynamic performance from the orchestra.

11. Captain Toad Goes Forth - Captain Toad first appeared in Super Mario Galaxy as the leader of the Toad Brigade, and now he's making a comeback. This time round, we don't just have a theme to signal his introduction - there's also a melody to accompany his adventures.

12. Blockade - You might think that these stages are a piece of cake at first, but in the second half of the game they get a lot more challenging. But no matter how tough the enemy you're taking on, you can rest assured that the music will stay lighthearted and breezy.

*continued in the next post*
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

BeanBeanKingdom
7 years ago#6
13. World 3 - You're entering a world of snow and ice and, as you'll hear, the music changes dramatically from the World Map screen onwards. We've made sure each World has its own distinct music and atmosphere.

14. Chainlink Charge - This is a tough stage, so it's important that you want to keep on trying, even if you slip up. To achieve this, we came up with an upbeat, infectious theme. You can't help but be carried along by the rhythm. The drummer plays with brushes, which gives the performance a lot of expressive power. We used this effect to create a theme that makes it fun to keep playing.

Page 6 - 15. Light the Colour Panels! - This section features panels on the floor that light up when you step on them. We made it so the musical arrangement becomes more lavish as you step on the panels. Once you've lit up a floor panel, it will play the same note each time you step on it. Why not try to come up with a melody of your own?

16. Mario's Colour Panels - The colour panels in this area light up to make a pixelated image of Mario. Have you managed to find it yet?

17. The Showdown Looms - This theme plays in the area leading up to the boss. There's something quite innocent about the music, as if it's oblivious to what's up ahead. But of course, you'll need to be on your guard for the challenge that awaits you.

18. Hisstocrat - We went for a straightforward big band number, which has its own unique appeal. There's a slightly exotic undertone in there too. We used a horn section which got louder, with overlapping parts as Hisstocrat's underlings arrived on the scene. It's as if the band is spurred on by their appearence.

19. World Clear! - We used strings and a horn section comprising saxophone, trumpet and trombone for this rousing fanfare.

20. World 4 - We aimed to create the dry, desiccated atmosphere of a faraway mountain range. We wanted to make it sound slightly exotic, though we were careful not to go overboard.

21. Sprawling Savanna - Cat Mario's the star of the show this time round, so the aim with this theme was to capture the fun of bounding around all over the place. We used percussion instruments with pan pipes and trombones to give the sense of a wide open plain. Listen caregully and you'll also hear a guitar lick at the end which sounds like a cat's meow!

22. Beep Block Skyway - The idea behind this tune was to imagine a recording session featuring traditional instruments alongside the beeping blocks in the game, which disappear and reappear in tandem with the other blocks. This version of the trak is exclusive to this CD. Listen out for the jaunty bass line!

23. Fuzzy Flood Mine - In this course, you need to keep running to stay ahead of the flood of Fuzzies on your tail. The theme has a Jamaican ska feel. Just at the moment you expect the tempo to relax, the rhythm goes deliberately off the beat, giving it a really exciting edge.

24. Sprixie Princess Theme - It's always fun coming up with a cute little tune. It's been quite a while since we've created a theme for a new character. Hopefully this is one we'll be hearing more of in the future.

25. Fort Fire Bros. - You need to stay focused on this challenging course, and there are sure to be plenty of sweaty palms. There are rivers of lava and lots of mechanical contraptions to contend with, and we came up with a pounding, hectic beat to match this action. There's an exotic melody that plays over the top.

26. Bowser's Highway Showdown - This theme plays as you take on Bowser, who's hurling bombs from the back of a car! We used heavy metal guitar and bass, but mixed it with big band horns. You'll also hear the synth powering in and the rhythm shifting in quite a prog rock way. There are a lot of elements in the mix.

BeanBeanKingdom
7 years ago#7
Page 7 - 27. World 5 - This is an underwater World, so we created a theme that aims to capture the mysterious, eerie atmosphere of the ocean floor.

28. Double Cherry Pass - We used a twin violin line to get a sense of dynamism across. The number of playable characters doubles, then trebles and quadruples. The hectic, cheerful rhythm adds to the fun, whether you're playing alone or with others.

29. Super Star Sharing - In this game, a player can pass on the effects of a Super Star to another player, making them invincible too. Does anyone else think of fireworks and sparkles every time they get a Super Star, or is that just us?

30, Footlight Lane - Wii U allows to use even more impressive lighting effects, as shown in this fantastical setting. Hopefully the music is every bit as weird and wonderful as the course itself.

31. The Bullet Bill Express - Orchestras also feature on the game's soundtrack. Here's an example, accompanying a battle with Bowser's henchmen on top of a train. The full-blown orchestral arrangement serves to heighten the tension.

32. The Great Tower - As you head towards the epic last battle, this track takes the theme from 'The Showdown Looms' and ramps up the tension. Things are getting serious.

33. Meowser - The orchestral score swells as Bowser transforms into Meowser. It's a lot of fun writing music to accompany the on-screen action like this.

34. The Great Tower Showdown 1 - By having an electric guitar accompany the orchestra, we were aiming to combine lushness with a more rough and ready edge. The showdown with Meowser lasts for the duration of the entire course, making this track pretty long by Super Mario soundtrack standards.

35. The Great Tower Showdown 2 - This forms one single musical theme, together with the previous track. There's a huge variety of instruments used on the game's soundtrack. To get across the garishness of Bowser World, we made full use of the electric guitar here. The music swells as Mario ascends the Great Tower.

36. Final Curtain for Meowser - As you rescue the Sprixie Princess, you are greeted by a bright new dawn. we aimed to portray that feeling with this music.

37. Grand Finale - It's time for the final curtain, so we pulled out all the stops. You may think we're laying it on a bit thick, but it has to be done, doesn't it?

38. The Credits Roll - When we were asked to do a big band version of the main theme from the game, we knew it was going to be fun - but we didn't realise quite how much fun! We hope you enjoy the interplay between the sax, trumpet and trombone.

That's it for now, I'll transcribe Disc 2 and the comments by Yokota and Kondo later.

User Info: SullyTheStrange

SullyTheStrange
7 years ago#8
Awesome, thanks for the pics and the descriptions!
There's a lot of places in the world with C4 and yogurt.

BeanBeanKingdom
7 years ago#9
Page 8 - DISC 2

Page 9 - 01. Getting Ready - This is the theme you hear when the game loads. Normally, it always cuts off part-way through, but now it's finally revealed in all its glory. Not that it's the most dramatic music in the world, you understand...

02. Sprixie Kingdom - Disaster strikes as the lovable Sprixie Princess is kidnapped by Bowser. Peach gives chase, leaping into a giant pipe, and Mario and his friends have no choice but to follow. This is the music that plays as the story gets under way. It features a musical motif at several points that you'll hear repeated throughout the game.

03. Conkdor Canyon - The desert is a scorching, desolate place, but as this is the first course of World 2, we wanted the music to be a pleasant accompaniment to your initial wanderings.

04. Mount Must Dash - One of the game designers told us that they had come up with a course in the style of Mario Kart, and that they'd like us to use some music from that game. The problem was deciding which song to go for. After a lot of thought, we plumped for this one, preserving the original melody but giving it a new up-tempo arrangement.

05. On to the Next World - This music plays as the Sprixie Princess creates a new pipe for you to go through, allowing you to continue your adventure. We came up with this little tune which we hope suits the moment.

06. World 6 - In some courses the action takes place on the grounds, while in others it unfolds above the clouds. As this had been planned from the earliest stages of the game's development, we'd always worked with the intention of reflecting this variety in the music. From this point onwards, the music played on the World Map features the orchestration.

07. Snowball Park - This is a theme we also used for the icy mountains in SUPER MARIO 3D LAND. Wii U gave us a great opportunity to give it a more expansive arrangement. The rhythm is enhanced by the use of a bandoneon, which adds its distinctive tones to the mix.

08. Toad House - The basic melody is taken from the Toad House theme from Super Mario Bros. 3. Toad has all sorts of useful items for you, and the house becomes a kind of haven during your arduous adventure. We wanted to express this with an arrangement that has a gentle, homely feel to it.

09. Hands-On Hall - This may well be the first Japanese-themed course in the entire Super Mario series. We wanted the music to have a bold, indomitable feel. We hope you enjoy the authentic Japanese instruments we used, including the shinobue and shakuhachi flutes, and the stringed shamisen.

10. Captain Toad Plays Peek-a-Boo - This is quite a scary course. You can't jump, which means that enemies you'd normally dispatch without any problem suddenly become just that bit more menacing.

11. Captain Toad's Complete Collection - Make sure you get those Green Stars!

12. Sunshine Seaside - We wanted the music to add to the beach resort feel of the course, with its blazing sun and soothing breeze. Lively Latin percussion makes things go with a swing, while a soprano sax and trombone add an emotive edge.

13. A Boss Approaches - This is big bad Bowser's theme. The horn section really gave it their all for this track! The same melody pops up throughout the game in all kinds of places. Sometimes you'll just hear a brief snatch of it, while at other times it will be a slightly over-the-top reprise. See if you can spot all of them!

14. World 7 - It's pretty impressive that anyone managed to build a castle in a place like this. Wherever you turn, you'll find fierce flames awaiting you. The music we composed for both the World Map and the courses themselves serves to turn up the heat and increase the tension.

BeanBeanKingdom
7 years ago#10
Page 10 - 15. Bowser's Bullet Bill Brigade - This is a solemn march which accompanies a seemingly never-ending procession of tanks. We added harpsichord and pipe organ to the melody, giving it a cold, mechanical edge.

16. Pom Pom's theme - Pom Pom adds a little ladylike elegance to Bowser's crew... or so she'd like to think, anyway. She wants to be refined and elegant, but is actually prone to having major meltdowns. She's a complex character and we wanted to get this across in the music.

17. Piranha Creeper Creek - This is a real jumble of instruments and musical ideas from South America, Africa and South East Asia. We wanted music that would bring to mind lush landscapes and natural beauty. The flute melody that comes in part way through represents the cries of a tropical bird.

18. Mega Mario - This music accompanies the giant-sized Mario, who can smash through obstacles and enemies alike. There's a certain carefree feeling you get when you pick up a Super Star, isn't there? Well, becoming Mega Mario is fun in a slightly different way, and we wanted to put that across in this theme.

19. Slot Machine - This is a rearranged version of the character select theme from Super Mario Bros. 2. Hopefully we've managed to capture all the glitz and razzmatazz of an amusement arcade.

20. Simmering Lava Lake - The image we had in mind while composing this was Mario and his friends dancing above a lake of fire. Of course, there's no actual dancing in the game, but we still want you to follow the beat of the floor tom drum and have fun navigating the tricky bits. This fiery track features a smoking-hot electric guitar.

21 - On Bowser's Tail - You might think you've reached the end, but there's still more to come! Or perhaps you secretly suspected that all along...

22 - World 8 - For this tune, we took the tacky, chintzy, bad-taste vibe of Bowser Land and gave it an old-school disco twist. The bass line adds a funky flavour that makes you want to get up and dance.

23. Bowser's Lava Lake Keep - We took the music from SUPER MARIO 3D LAND and made some major changes to the second half. We've given it a sombre orchestral treatment that helps amp up the drama.

24. Bowser's Minions - The way Boom Boom moves has been refined since SUPER MARIO 3D LAND. Why not check it out and see the difference for yourself? But only if you're not too busy, of course...

25. Plessie - Plessie is a really lovely creature who's happy to wait patiently until Mario or his friends want to ride on its back. It's got an impressively hard-wearing belly too, and can slide along water, sand or even stone without any complaints.

26. Plessie's Plunging Falls - This is a tune that fans of the series will be very familiar with. This time round we used the Latin rhythm from plena dance music. The live recordings of harmonica and tin whistle add a certain appealing twist.

Page 11 - 27. A Misstep - For this game, we've changed the jingle you hear when you slip up. As Super Mario games have featured the same tune for such a long time, we were a little worried that players would be put out by this. But you may well find you you are more familiar with the new jingle than you think - it's the one used in Super Mario Bros. 3!

28. Motley Bossblob - This is a big bang arrangement of the boss battle theme. The trumpet and sax give it its rhythm as they play over an electric guitar melody. The horn section's powerful performance will have you itching to take on any enemy.

29. Victory Parade - This marching tune features nothing but brass and percussion. After the frenetic boss battle, it adds a light-hearted touch to proceedings and gives you a chance to get your breath back.

*hopefully concluded in the next post*
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D World
  3. I got the OST from Star Catalogue and I love how the pics tell a little story.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A