• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  3. How different would this game be if KSEC had swords?

User Info: ROBOCRIPPLE_

ROBOCRIPPLE_
1 year ago#1
When I started playing this game, I noticed the lack of the ability to wield guns, and the mappings of the attack buttons to the face buttons. One of the loading screens says something about this: that all weapons are "biometrically linked" to their owner, so Faith couldn't just take them from KSEC like in the first game.

That got me thinking: what if KSEC had swords?

Sure, swords, halberds and other long, bladed melee weapons have been outdated for centuries, in military combat anyways. But the thing about Mirror's Edge is one woman vs. few men, in contrast to modern military combat which is usually many men vs. many men, so it would make sense for KSEC to wield swords instead of batons and shock gloves. They'd have guns, too, of course.

Think about it, KSEC would look more like awesome-looking anime-style warriors. Swords, shields, polearms, and maces. Their armor would look a little different, more anime-styled. They'd also have excellent sword-fighting skills, just not moves from anime that would be impossible to pull off in real life. Imagine Faith running from or even fighting a squad of Kiritos, we may as well call them the "Knights of Cascadia".

That would probably make the game much harder, because one slash could easily kill an unarmed, unarmored Faith.

Call me a weeb, but I just think swords are cool. BTW, I don't like SAO.
PSN ID: ROBOCRIPPLE_
In reality, the impossibilities are endless. In fiction, the possibilities are endless.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  3. How different would this game be if KSEC had swords?
  • Topic Archived