• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  3. This game isn't worth $10. Not even $5. Not even worth your time for free.

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
2 years ago#1
What a horrible piece of crap. You don't do anything you didn't do in the first game, and the game forces you to work to get to the next mission, navigating this mess of an "open world" Also, the forced social integration crap is just as annoying. Every time I start the game it asks me to make an EA account or something. f*** off EA.
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
2 years ago#2
What makes it even worse is that instead of having all your abilities to boot, the game forces you to do crappy sidequests to upgrade your skills just to run as fast as you used to run in the previous game. UGH GROSS.
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
2 years ago#3
It wasn't really work to go to the next mission, especially with fast travel unlocked. I don't know what social integration you mean; I never noticed anything. I unlocked nearly all abilities by the end only doing the main missions and most of the side missions, which were varied enough. Didn't bother with all the other activities as they were all the same thing really - time trials - and were Nintendo levels of hard.

Don't you need an EA account to play the game? You need Origin obviously.

One of my complaints was, in the final parts of the game, it was very annoying making a jump but the game deciding you didn't aim it quite right or do the jump far enough when obviously you intended to, so you die and have to wait to reload the checkpoint. Nothing to do with difficulty or challenge and learning how to overcome it. Luck really.

I also would've liked a bit more of the high-octane running we got a bit of in the story. The first game was more of a puzzler and this one had a few more action bits, which was the right move, but I would've liked more.

Oh and the plot was really rushed by the end. The major plot twist is revealed casually during a cutscene, like everyone already knew and weren't bothered, and the ending was awkward.

Certainly get a good 10 hours out of it at least.
Argument winners: calm down, troll, hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, blocked, keep trying
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  3. This game isn't worth $10. Not even $5. Not even worth your time for free.
  • Topic Archived