• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Which classes are similar to Mass Effect classes?

User Info: jdclanc11

jdclanc11
1 month ago#1
Beaten ME several times, so I'm interested in trying this game. Which classes do you think are comparable to the six mass effect classes in terms of gameplay style. I'm assuming Mage is similar to Adept and one of the warrior types is similar to Soldier. Any other thoughts?
War. War never changes.

User Info: MajesticFerret

MajesticFerret
1 month ago#2
Gameplay wise, Dragon Age and Mass Effect have practically no similarities, but I guess from a "thematic" perspective:

Soldier = Tempest Archer Rogue, they both focus on time dilation and imbuing their attacks with elements to be more effective
Sentinel = Warrior Champion or Knight Enchanter Mage, which are tank classes
Adept = Rift Mage, both use gravity manipulation to throw around their opponents
Vanguard = Assassin Duel-Wielding Rogue and the Reaver Two-Handed Warrior, all high risk, high reward brawling classes
Engineer = Necromancer Mage, which can also create minions to help them fight, and Artificer Archer Rogue, which focuses on laying traps
Infiltrator = Assassin Archer Rogue, where you specialize is going invisible and back stabbing your opponents with arrows for critical damage.
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Which classes are similar to Mass Effect classes?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A