• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Mark of Death is kinda dumb
AeonArcana 5 months ago#1
I mean, the distinction between letting the timer run out and manually detonating it. It's not something that has to do with decision-making; you just have to retrigger it at least 0.1 seconds before it ends or else you lose out on big damage, more so if you take the upgrade that makes the difference even greater.

Another (unintended?) result is that Mark of Death is less useful in AI's hands. I think they always just let the timer run out, so it means less damage if you don't micromanage.
pprincess 5 months ago#2
Mark of Death has to be micromanaged all the time to really take advantage of it.

And you’re right about Cole. He requires full-on micromanaging just to keep him alive and I never use him on Nightmare difficulty. He also doesn’t attack from behind on his own initiative, he has to be manually positioned. He’s an interesting character but it’s disappointing how many movie quotes Bioware lifted and put into Cole’s speech. It’s supposed to be clever and funny, and it’s just lazy writing, imho.
(edited 5 months ago)
Mr Penguin 007 2 months ago#3
pprincess posted...
It’s supposed to be clever and funny, and it’s just lazy writing, imho.
Highly disagree. Cole is one of the best written characters in Bioware.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
Brother Maynard 2 months ago#4
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Highly disagree. Cole is one of the best written characters in Bioware.

Thats. . . not a high bar.

Sorry, that wasn't very nice, but my face is tired from dealing with, everything.
1. Mark of Death is EASILY the most OP ability in the game, along with everything Rogues have, but Mark of Death allows you to kill stuff like the Highland Ravager in seconds. So yes, it's very dumb. Even more stupid is that they felt the need to nerf Spirit Blade into the goddamn ground while leaving Rogues untouched. The dumbest s***.

2. Give Cole Malika's Guard, Lost in the Mist, Evade, Parry, Stealth, Double Sleep; along with Walking Fortress and Fade Cloak MWs. He'll survive 90% of Nightmare Trials. I always go for everything Defensive on the AI because I just want them to survive and give buffs and prime targets for detonation.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Mark of Death is kinda dumb
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A