• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. How do I finish Verchiel March Quest when Per doesn't show up? glitch?

User Info: docweasel

docweasel
2 months ago#1
How do I finish Verchiel March Quest when Per doesn't show up? glitch?
Ok I'm to the point in the Verchiel March where Sera wants to go get our money. We fast travel to a cliff-locked corner of Crestwood where a guy meets us, freaks out that Sera is Red Jenny, then he gets shot with arrows. Then a small group of mercenaries show up and we quickly kill them (even though I only brought myself and Sera). A disembodied voice says "oh dang, I didnt know the Inquisitor was involved, let's not get hasty!" and the Sera says "They started it", then, nothing. You and your group are free to wander around the sealed area, but you aren't getting out and there's no way to complete it.

This guy Per Something is supposed to show up and talk to you but he doesn't appear. After Sera says her line the game just goes dead and we're stuck in this little valley with NO way out.

I tried taking the trials off and reloading from before we left, tried different groups, different difficulty levels, the guy never shows. And you can't get out of the area, believe me I've tried, the World Map is not available so there's nothing you can do but quit and go back before you left. Meaning, you can't speak to Sera anymore about anything else because all she wants to do is go get that money. If I could I would go back and just not trigger the quest at all but that's hours and hours of gameplay lost and I just don't have the heart to do all that stuff again, plus it's hard to remember which mosaics and etc. you've already found when you have to do it twice.

Searched the 'net of course but either I'm wording it poorly or no one else has ever had this problem. Anyone have a solution?
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: aneed4peed

aneed4peed
2 months ago#2
Are you sure the guy isnt there? He's usually right in front of you after you kill the mercenaries... a cutscene should follows as soon as you move forward...
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [https://imgur.com/DDzaw]

User Info: docweasel

docweasel
2 months ago#3
really? that's not helpful. I searched the entire perimeter looking for a place to horsejump out, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not there, I doubt I'd miss him with just me and Sera there and some dead guys on the floor.

User Info: pprincess

pprincess
2 months ago#4
Ok turn off the Trials before hand and save in a new slot after turning off Trials. After the guy freaks out about Red Jenny, as soon as you get control move the party back to the entrance of the area and put everyone on Hold til the guys are dead. As long as you don’t move forward, the voice won’t be triggered and you can save, save in a new slot. Reload the new save and then walk forward.

If this doesn’t work, power down the PlayStation. Unplug it for several minutes. Doing this will clear your console cache, and hopefully with it any corrupted autosaves. Then try again.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. How do I finish Verchiel March Quest when Per doesn't show up? glitch?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A