• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Party AI Tactics Help

User Info: RagnarTheRPGer

RagnarTheRPGer
2 months ago#1
I'm returning to this game after a long break and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to use the AI tactics interface on Nightmare difficulty with a party of an Inquisitor Assassin Archer, Blackwall, Varric, and Solas. I'll be building each of them traditionally for their classes (tank for Blackwall, etc.). Back when I last played, I controlled every battle via the tactical camera, so I have little experience with using the tactics interface in this game. What are some good tactics and abilities to have enabled to keep my teammates on their feet as long as possible?

Any help is appreciated!

User Info: pprincess

pprincess
2 months ago#2
The only Tactic I use is to allow no potion usage and do potions manually. Otherwise the party sucks down all your potions. Or just set your tank to use 2 potions if you want him to keep going. Personally I’d use Cassandra or have Blackwall go 1-handed with a shield.

Next, turn off skills you don’t want the party to use. Varric for example has Caltrops. Spec him out of that ability or turn it off. Really there is no need to use him since you are an archer.

For the tank, use War Cry, Horn of Valor, Grappling Hook and Shield Bash.

For Solas, have him use Barrier and the raise ability. Make sure he has Guardian Spirit passive from the Spirit tree, this will save his butt. He can use upgraded Winter’s Grasp, Fade Step, and upgraded Stonefist from his Rift Mage tree. Get him Clean Burn from the Fire tree as a passive. He doesn’t need anything else except Winter’s Grasp, Barrier, Raise and Stonefist. If you need a Fire mage set up Dorian to do that.

Finally, abuse the enemy pathing in the game. Enemies have a set distance they can follow you before they turn around and go back to a starting location. Put the party on Hold as far away as you can before triggering mobs, pull or pick off as many as you can at a distance. Solas will Barrier you from a Hold position.

1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Party AI Tactics Help
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A