• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: aneed4peed

aneed4peed
5 months ago#1
For those who have played it on the PS5:

• are you getting 60fps?
  • improved load time?
  • does it look good? (tbh it still looks great on my ps4, but does it look better?
  • wait, before all that, is it available for the ps5?
Cant wait for the next game.
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]

aneed4peed
2 months ago#2
Bump!

3 months later, has anyone gotten their hands on ps5 and tried this game? Is it even available?

User Info: sicstalker

sicstalker
1 month ago#3
Load times feel the same, and I'd say fps is 30, but I've no way to measure it. It's just definitely not 60. Visually it doesn't look much better compared to pro, I had both pro and ps5 running. All in all, I don't think there were any improvements performance wise or visually.
Jrpg, moe
PSNID: BlossomingFlesh

aneed4peed
1 month ago#4
sicstalker posted...
Load times feel the same, and I'd say fps is 30, but I've no way to measure it. It's just definitely not 60. Visually it doesn't look much better compared to pro, I had both pro and ps5 running. All in all, I don't think there were any improvements performance wise or visually.
Thanks for the update.

Shame though, could've done with some of that "power of the PS5!" stuff that other games are getting.

Tis' still a pretty game on my ps4...
(message deleted)

User Info: DanGlynnJohnson

DanGlynnJohnson
3 weeks ago#6
In the process of using my PS5 to try and resolve a minor issue with an external HDD on my PS4 Pro, I gave DA:I a spin. And I gotta say that I wasn't overly impressed, to be honest.

The pre-installed PS4 version initially was horrid to look at and low res via PS5. Deleted that, redownloaded the game again (...as there's no 'upgrade' option to select on the Digital Edition PS5, which I believe is available to those who have the Disc Edition) and there was an improvement in the visuals.

That said, even on a 4K HDR TV, the graphics still weren't quite as good as the Pro. Certainly the colours were a little more vibrant and richer, everything else though wasn't quite up to the same par. The flames in the braziers located in Skyhold's main hall, for example, seemed dumbed down and didn't look anywhere near as convincing as those produced by the Pro.

Another aspect that I was surprised and disappointed by was the reduction in movement speed / animation of my main character; approx 10-15% slower.

Also, loading times are quicker on the PS4 Pro + SSD. And occasionally the three loading screen lore cards (...or whatever they're called) you can flick through sometimes don't appear, just blank spaces instead. (A very similar thing occasionally happens on Gran Turismo Sport's garaged car selection screen also, just lots of empty tiles / thumbnails.)

One slight but nonetheless welcome improvement is the loading time of party members on the inventory / Character Record screens when using up/down on the D-pad to select them.

"Nintendo hardware is for kids" - Yakuza Creator, Toshihiro Nagoshi.

User Info: Whyt17

Whyt17
5 days ago#7
DanGlynnJohnson posted...
(...as there's no 'upgrade' option to select on the Digital Edition PS5, which I believe is available to those who have the Disc Edition)

I’m currently playing the disc edition on my ps5… where do I access this upgrade option?
PSN tms-bello2331
For disc I assume it's via the three dots in the small circle that appears next to the main on-screen button in the game's hub. As I said I have the Digital edition PS5 so I don't know for sure. All I can say is that from what I've seen there's no option shown to upgrade a pre-existing PS4 game installation.

E.g, I have Dirt 5 and I wasn't presented with an upgrade option via the three dots in the game's hub. Ended up deleting and then redownloading.

User Info: wilfreda

wilfreda
4 days ago#9
Whyt17 posted...
I’m currently playing the disc edition on my ps5… where do I access this upgrade option?
You don't. There's no PS5 upgrade for this game. I don't know if the other poster got this confused with another game or what, but DA:I only has PS3 and PS4 versions.
my Persona 4: Golden complete costume gallery: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAyDFtL (party spoilers possible)
wilfreda posted...
You don't. There's no PS5 upgrade for this game. I don't know if the other poster got this confused with another game or what, but DA:I only has PS3 and PS4 versions.

No confusion on my part. The point I made was to highlight that there's no manually selectable option to upgrade a game on the digital PS5 in the same way disc owners apparently can, from what I could ascertain. And that if a manually selectable upgrade option were available to disc owners (DA:I or otherwise) then the location I mentioned is where someone should look for confirmation to see if that option's there or not.

Why there's this differentiation, I don't know, however I'm simply relaying the info as it's presented to me. I didn't say there was a PS5 upgrade for this game, so if you or anyone else wants to misrepresent what I said then that's not my problem.

As for DA:I specifically, it's exactly as I described in my original post #6.

• Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A