You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Cant decide on next character, help?

User Info: Sirgamesal0t

Sirgamesal0t
2 months ago#1
First off, my background, if it's too long just look for the next paragraph with TLDR!

I got this game when it first came out and played it for about 110 hours as a gay male qunari reaver (gay because i made him in love with that tivinter mage for some funny reason).

I didnt have the dlc back then or even online connectivity/psn. I got to like the last part of the base game just shortly after coming out of that portal after learning about being the herald of andraste or whatever, i vaguely remember the details. i was side tracked with other games.

Since then i lost that save file and tried replaying, as a female elf mage, about lv18. And again dabbling as a dw dwarf male rogue, only about lv12.

TLDR: Now i have all the dlc, am on the psn, am not interested in that online multiplayer.

I have 3 concerns i want to under go, #1 i want to side with the mages this time, #2 i want the most diverse race interaction from all the dlc, and #3 i kind of want my character to fall for red jenny or whatever her name is.

I was considering either playing a female elf rogue artificer or a male elf mage necromancer.

Maybe considering a dwarf rogue, but not sure which romance options are available. Not particularly confident in dw combat in real time either.

User Info: Destin

Destin
2 months ago#2
Red Jenny only likes girls.

your best option is female elf.

dual wield rogue or mage really doesn't matter, just your own playstyle.
Destin the Valiant

User Info: khain37

khain37
2 months ago#3
Based on your post you'd need to be a female to romance Sera (as noted above).

Being a mage would make most sense to side with mages but since you already did a female elven mage, I'd recommend testing out a rogue archer...assassin or artificer specialization. If you're not playing on a high difficulty, you could make youself and Sera a pair of elven assassins, her with Dual wield and yourself with range archery.
FFRK RW:
Main: Tyro (lvl 99) God Wall - FCv2; Alt: Auron USB - Syzo

User Info: AshtonRPG7

AshtonRPG7
1 month ago#4
I spent like two days making dif chars for a nightmare run and ended up playing a 2 handed dwarf, i wasnt expecting it to be successful but it was.

Kinda of cool, im rolling with cassandra sns, vivi spirit/frost and swapping sera and varric for the dps rouge spot.

I play switching around between whoever is rouge and the inquisitor

User Info: Sirgamesal0t

Sirgamesal0t
1 month ago#5
Well I'm making a new post for "should i play a second character" because i just beat the game including all dlc as a female dalish elf mage with a married lesbian relationship with sera.

User Info: Ramvicious

Ramvicious
1 month ago#6
You did that all in one week? Impressive!
PSN: Ramvicious
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Cant decide on next character, help?