You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Knight Enchanters....

User Info: Nightshaede

Nightshaede
6 months ago#1
So from what I could gather, the Chantry ripped off Ancient elves techniques. As if the poisoning and ultimately diminishment of their immortality, stealing their home, enslaving, and raping the elven people wasn't enough, the scum chantry steals their techniques as well. I must say, they really suck. So now the chantry has a stolen technique of which they also renamed and changed a tad bit and called it their own without ANY credit to the true creators, enslaved the same people whose techniques they rip off, not to mention imprisoning mages and preventing anyone but personal slave mages (aside from some circles of which were openly taught all these ancient techniques) from using it....the Chantry just annoyed me further and further as time went by. They really do suck. Opinions?
Nightshaede.
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it" -Oscar Wilde

User Info: SageOfLife

SageOfLife
6 months ago#2
On the other hand, those techniques would have died out entirely otherwise. It's not like they could have expected a random Grey Warden to find a phylactery containing the consciousness of one Arlathan's Arcane Warriors.
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
6 months ago#3
I'm not a big fan of Chantry myself. But since it's so ingrained in people's mindset, I don't think DA world without Chantry would be balanced either.
psn:wangyel/wangyell
pawn:Hect, Lv 200, Strider, U+S/Sungjin, Lv.5, Fighter, S

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
6 months ago#4
The Chantry are as corrupt as any other seat of power and for the most part I RP as a non-believer (unless I'm Dalish). Unfortunately destroying the Chantry overnight would probably cause too much chaos, but I can at least pretend it's getting better by making choices such as putting an softened Leliana in charge.

User Info: 2DFighter84

2DFighter84
6 months ago#5
The chantry is the best of the religious options in the game. It’s the one we know the most about. And it’s the only one that really does any good... like at all. Yeah it’s corrupt, but what other thedas religion does charity? Or even tried to address the mage corruption issue?

There’s the Qun... which is mental and physical slavery promoted through general ignorance. There’s the Stone, which literally just seems to be worshipping titans, and having a good sense of direction. Then there’s the Elvin religion, full of gods who do nothing but fight each other and screw over their own people (like Greek mythos as far as I can tell). Then there’s Teventer who just has mages ruling everything with blood magic and has a whole culture developed around that.

It may not be perfect, but systems the chantry put into place (charity, the mage circles, etc) were more beneficial to society in thedas than anything that’s come from any of the other in game religions. Preserving the Knight Enchanter fighting style is just another good thing the chantry has done. At least it isn’t another type of forgotten magic.

I do think the Chantry can be made better by making Leliana the Divine so she could extend the religion to other races, instead of just the humans. Just my 2 cents.
2-frackin'-D: The voice of the voiceless
PSN Detrizzy (Dissidia nt - Y'shtola / Lightning)

User Info: Kishatragana

Kishatragana
6 months ago#6
Nightshaede posted...
the Chantry ripped off Ancient elves techniques. As if the poisoning and ultimately diminishment of their immortality, ...

Chantry didn't ruin elven immortality, some bald elf did.

Just saying.
(edited 6 months ago)

Shinagawakun
6 months ago#7
2DFighter84 posted...
The chantry is the best of the religious options in the game. It’s the one we know the most about. And it’s the only one that really does any good... like at all. Yeah it’s corrupt, but what other thedas religion does charity? Or even tried to address the mage corruption issue?

There’s the Qun... which is mental and physical slavery promoted through general ignorance. There’s the Stone, which literally just seems to be worshipping titans, and having a good sense of direction. Then there’s the Elvin religion, full of gods who do nothing but fight each other and screw over their own people (like Greek mythos as far as I can tell). Then there’s Teventer who just has mages ruling everything with blood magic and has a whole culture developed around that.

It may not be perfect, but systems the chantry put into place (charity, the mage circles, etc) were more beneficial to society in thedas than anything that’s come from any of the other in game religions. Preserving the Knight Enchanter fighting style is just another good thing the chantry has done. At least it isn’t another type of forgotten magic.

I do think the Chantry can be made better by making Leliana the Divine so she could extend the religion to other races, instead of just the humans. Just my 2 cents.

^I agree with this fully. Chantry might be corrupt but without it the DA world would most likely be in a much worse shape.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: NBsFinest

NBsFinest
5 months ago#8
Nightshaede posted...
So from what I could gather, the Chantry ripped off Ancient elves techniques. As if the poisoning and ultimately diminishment of their immortality, stealing their home, enslaving, and raping the elven people wasn't enough, the scum chantry steals their techniques as well. I must say, they really suck. So now the chantry has a stolen technique of which they also renamed and changed a tad bit and called it their own without ANY credit to the true creators, enslaved the same people whose techniques they rip off, not to mention imprisoning mages and preventing anyone but personal slave mages (aside from some circles of which were openly taught all these ancient techniques) from using it....the Chantry just annoyed me further and further as time went by. They really do suck. Opinions?

Sounds QWhite realistic.
FE Fates Castle: 17386-55767-90848-43912

User Info: thedoctor2014

thedoctor2014
5 months ago#9
Knight Enchanter what is a good way to spec the tree

Shinagawakun
5 months ago#10
thedoctor2014 posted...
Knight Enchanter what is a good way to spec the tree

http://www.rpg-gaming.com/daisc.html?d=t&c=m&b=Mage%20-%20Inferno&t6=134569b&t3=468dg&t2=4789abd&t1=1&t0=1&a=00112422a33446156563d711

KE tree has superb synergy with Inferno. The passives are very important - Clean Burn, Chaotic Focus, Flashpoint, Pyromancy, Fade Shield, Combat Clarity. Clean Burn works with SB, so each swing of the Spirit Blade will 'cause cooldown to reduce. Chaotic Focus + Fade Shield has superb synergy, Chaotic Focus burns your barrier to boost your fire damage but once you damage the enemy Fade Shield will regenerate your barrier again. The barrier you regenerate up WILL ALWAYS be higher than the barrier you use up. Flashpoint is a must have on any crit damage. Combat Clarity for more mana regen.

Flaming Array (Fire Mine) and Immolate are your main damage source. Flaming Array + Chaotic Focus + Fade Shield deals very high burst, Immolate also deals very good damage due to these passives. Cast Spirit Blade in between to drain up the charge or to get your skills off cooldown (Spirit Blade can crit due to which Flashpoint can activate and reset cooldown for the next spell). Chain Lightning/Barrage (I'd recommend Chain Lightning 'cause ENergy Barrage changes type based on staff) are there for more typing coverage and energy charge for SB. Chilling Array for more CC, which procs Ice Armour making your KE tanky + add in Fade Shield which makes you impervious to damage for a short time and deals massive burst is a great fall back option both offensively and defensively. Energising Step to close the gap and for high mana regen.

Spirit tree's Barrier is entirely optional, but it's generally useful for manual barrier casting. Besides Chain Lightning/Energy Barrage do not expend on anything in Storm tree. It lacks good synergy with KE and is a Necromancer oriented tree mostly.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Knight Enchanters....