• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. What's your canon? All New, Faded for Her (spoilers)

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
6 years ago#1
In your canon playthrough, what does Solas do to the mages that turned his friend into a demon? - Results (109 votes)
Let him kill them
55.96% (61 votes)
Convince him to spare them
44.04% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now that the game has been out for a while people have had time to explore different decisions. I'm sure there are some players like me who are already plotting their "canon" playthrough. If I could have only one save to upload into future DA games, it would be this.

This is a minor decision that I doubt will impact anything in the long run but I'm curious nonetheless.

Solas was close friends with a Wisdom spirit. A group of mages summoned and bound this spirit to fight off some bandits threatening them. However forcing it into violence corrupted the spirit and turned it into a Pride demon. Naturally Solas is very angry at the perpetrators and wants to kill them.

Do you let him kill them? Or do they survive this encounter?

User Info: I_Am_Eat_Meat

I_Am_Eat_Meat
6 years ago#2
I have a hard time seeing the mages as any different from any other enemies, really.

Amusingly, the Keep was just updated to include DAI and the choice for this mission actually didn't have anything to do with the mages, but rather whether the demon/spirit was killed in battle or died after being freed. Although, the Keep still seems pretty broken/incomplete, so it's still possible they'll add it, I suppose.

User Info: Elemental Fusion

Elemental Fusion
6 years ago#3
Niceness before knives.
FGO/FEH ign: Valharke
(message deleted)

User Info: dave_is_slick

dave_is_slick
6 years ago#5
demonwyrm posted...
What does updating the Keep to include decisions made in DA:I do?

What does the Keep already do?
The most relaxing version of Aquatic Ambiance I've ever heard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl61y1XM7sM

User Info: I_Am_Eat_Meat

I_Am_Eat_Meat
6 years ago#6
demonwyrm posted...
What does updating the Keep to include decisions made in DA:I do? Does it actually affect a new playthrough? I still use the original Keep world state I created way back at release.

At the moment? Nothing but a comprehensive look at your world state.

User Info: tamashii

tamashii
6 years ago#7
Eh. They were idiots hurting others out of their own ignorance. Plus the mage you talk to there was a weird shape. I always let Solas have that one.

User Info: fftstudent

fftstudent
6 years ago#8
Allowed Solas to lite them up like it was Xmas eve XFD Real mages don't need spirits to fight their battles for them TBQH.
Nothing of Great value & Worth was ever gained without some form of chance taking or risk.

User Info: NanayaSReborn

NanayaSReborn
6 years ago#9
I_Am_Eat_Meat posted...
I have a hard time seeing the mages as any different from any other enemies, really.

And my Inquisitor had a hard time as well seeing these apostates as any different from a version of her that hadn't joined the Inquisition and learned about the Fade and spirits from Solas

She let them go. They weren't hostile, didn't know any better, and learned from their mistake. No reason to just murder them outright
Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future.

User Info: Lethandris

Lethandris
6 years ago#10
The moment that derp-face mage swaggered up to me I had no problem with Solas killing him :p.

Besides, if a grown man who studied magic at the circle doesn't know that forcibly summoning a spirit turns it to a demon (with breaches, demons spilling from it, hole in the sky, etc etc), he's pretty stupid. That sort of stupidity in the current status quo is dangerous. Hence in a way, you're probably doing the world a favour.

But, again, I mainly let him die for having the most derpy expression I've ever seen. The first time I saw the guy I couldn't stop laughing.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. What's your canon? All New, Faded for Her (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A