• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: daveynopenope

daveynopenope
5 years ago#1
their diolouge is interesting. i was wondering if they ever come to terms with one another. or more like her, coming to terms with his existance.

User Info: BusterInstall

BusterInstall
5 years ago#2
i only had them together for a short time (got rid of cole for sera) and one of my favorite dialogues is when they're together and cole says something like "look at the wind always moving about. i wonder where it all goes?" "apparently it puts on a hat and prattles endlessly". freaking lol'd
PSN: BusterInstall
Pay for things with money.

daveynopenope
5 years ago#3
lol . she calls cole the inquisitor's pet at times. it's rather charming for some reason. though charming is her "character." anyone else wanna chime in about their diolouge? i only used them together for about 50% of the game, so idk about their finale diolouges.

User Info: Tessen18

Tessen18
5 years ago#4
My favorite banter between them is where Cole mentioned that Vivienne was actually concerned about him being possessed which Viv denied then Cole mentioned that Vivienne is afraid to care because in her opinion caring makes people weak and then Cole promised not to tell anyone.
Meow

daveynopenope
5 years ago#5
awe yeah cole's awesome. his blunt honesty is the bestz it's hard to choose between sera and cole

User Info: Jaded_Memory

Jaded_Memory
5 years ago#6
There's one where Cole tells Vivienne what it looks like when she casts spells - about how the spirits dance around her and touch her skin, and how they're solid and she created them, making her their Maker.

Her response?

"Now... I need... a bath."

She also tries to make him angry once by talking about the mages he killed at the White Spire, blaming him for the mage rebellion. He almost gets mad, but then he realizes that she's trying to trick him into attacking her so they're forced to put him down.

And there's a sad bit where he delves into her head and finds out that she lost friends during the mage rebellion - mages that refused to rebel were killed by their fellows, one of them being an archivist that Vivienne knew - I think he mentions that she found her friend charred and dead, or something.

And the last one I remember is when he talks about how she feels more comfortable as a noble in the game than as a mage, and how she wants people to see her staff as a symbol as opposed to a weapon.

Then there's these:

*spoilers below*

Cole: Dorian is like you, Vivienne,
Vivienne: I think not.
Dorian: Vivienne, the poor thing is trying to pay you a compliment. How so, Cole?
Cole: The Veil sings around both of you. It whispers through you and makes you both brighter.
Vivienne: The same could be said of any mage. Beyond that, I have little in common with a noble from Tevinter.
Cole: No. For most mages, it's a tool. A toil. You make it you.
Dorian: Also, we clearly have the best fashion sense of anyone around.
Vivienne: True, but I hardly expect the Fade to notice.

----

Cole: Stepping into the parlor, hem of my gown snagged, no, adjust before I go in, must look perfect.
Vivienne: My dear, your pet is speaking again. Do silence it.
Cole: Voices inside. Marquis Alphonse.
Cole: "I do hope Duke Bastien puts out the lights before he touches her. But then, she must disappear in the dark."
Cole: Gown tight between my fingers, cold all over. Unacceptable. Wheels turn, strings pull.
Cole: He hurt you. You left a letter, let out a lie so he would do something foolish against the Inquisition. A trap.
Vivienne: Inquisitor, as your demon lacks manners, perhaps you could get Solas to train it.

----

Cole: You're afraid. You don't have to be.
Vivienne: My dear Inquisitor, please restrain your pet demon. I do not want it addressing me.
Inquisitor: Cole, Vivienne doesn't want to talk right now.
Cole: She's afraid!
Cole: Everything bright, roar of anger as the demon rears. No, I will not fall. No one will ever control me again.
Cole: Flash of white as the world comes back. Shaking, hollow, Harrowed, but smiling at templars to show them I'm me.
Cole: I am not like that. I can protect you. If Templars come for you, I will kill them.
Vivienne: Delightful.
http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/f6ae1b38050c4c615dfc8d53dc596194.gif
http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/bf644b9d7e1e31bb667432671f8d97a8.gif

User Info: FareweLLibra

FareweLLibra
5 years ago#7
Jaded_Memory posted...

Cole: Stepping into the parlor, hem of my gown snagged, no, adjust before I go in, must look perfect.
Vivienne: My dear, your pet is speaking again. Do silence it.
Cole: Voices inside. Marquis Alphonse.
Cole: "I do hope Duke Bastien puts out the lights before he touches her. But then, she must disappear in the dark."
Cole: Gown tight between my fingers, cold all over. Unacceptable. Wheels turn, strings pull.
Cole: He hurt you. You left a letter, let out a lie so he would do something foolish against the Inquisition. A trap.
Vivienne: Inquisitor, as your demon lacks manners, perhaps you could get Solas to train it.

Wow. It really took me a minute to process what that sentence meant, because I didn't think good, old-fashioned skin-color racism existed in Thedas.

Marquis Alphonse was the guy she froze when you first encountered her, correct? It's crazy how this little bit of party banter helps to flesh out her character on a whole different level than most of her prompted conversations did.

Jaded_Memory
5 years ago#8
Yeah, that was Alphonse at the start when you were recruiting Vivienne. The whole thing explains why Alphonse felt it necessary to have a go at the Inquisitor. Vivienne laid out a trap for him, ultimately either killing him or ruining his life either way.

daveynopenope
5 years ago#9
wow. that's deep. i haven't heard any racism (our type of racism) in any of the games. i didn't even notice the absence of skin color hatred. what with everyone hating on dwarves and elves and humans and especially quwhatevers. i think there's a lesson to be learned about that fact, and it's unoticed absence.
____
thanks for all the convos. honestly i have no idea what cole is saying half the time when he rambles. he called a guy an @$$hole once, while talking to cassandra. it was probably the funniest thing he did the entire game. other than that hair cut. Oooooo

Jaded_Memory
5 years ago#10
I still like.

"Off the war table Cole. Now."

"Yes. I don't belong here. I'm not a war."
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A