• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SuperVegitoFAN

SuperVegitoFAN
6 years ago#1
So i was wondering what the level cap... googled it, go this info

No hard cap, but it has a soft cap.

I guessed, correctly, what hard cap ment and then googled soft cap since i havent seen a soft cap before, ive seen very high caps (multiple uses of 9 usually) but not "soft caps".

I didnt really understand the explanations i found, so when i say i want an in depth explanation, i mean layman terms deep, and preferebly with examples from this game as well, due to not having played skyrim...

Tried, but my computer hated it.
"Im not saying thats how it should be"
"Im Saying thats how it is"

User Info: dweorg

dweorg
6 years ago#2
27. ~27 is the soft cap.

Basically, enemies stop giving experience after 24, with, I think, one exception that stops at 27. At 27, nothing gives enough experience to get to 28.

SuperVegitoFAN
6 years ago#3
dweorg posted...
27. ~27 is the soft cap.

Basically, enemies stop giving experience after 24, with, I think, one exception that stops at 27. At 27, nothing gives enough experience to get to 28.

...im sorry to say that this isnt much better than what i already know...
That and one source said 30 for some reason.

What do you mean by NO exp? as in you defeat them, and your bar stays where it is? Or that it would take too long to reach 28 (IE each enemy gives 1 point and you need 1.000.000)?

dweorg
6 years ago#4
SuperVegito2487 posted...
dweorg posted...
27. ~27 is the soft cap.

...im sorry to say that this isnt much better than what i already know...
That and one source said 30 for some reason.

What do you mean by NO exp? as in you defeat them, and your bar stays where it is? Or that it would take too long to reach 28 (IE each enemy gives 1 point and you need 1.000.000)?

Enemies stop giving exp altogether when you are 4 levels ahead of them. Outside of a few enemies (late dragons, certain bosses,) none of the enemies level past 20 or so. Therefor most enemies just flat out don't give experience. Some quests still will, though. Hence the 27 mark.

I'm not entirely sure, but it might be theoretically possible to save every book and read them all to get 28, but that's not really a realistic thing for most people to do.

User Info: Stephen-A-Smith

Stephen-A-Smith
6 years ago#5
Soft level cap in the sense that technically it IS possible, but not realistic.
Stephen-A-Smith posted...

This. There is nothing physically stopping you from leveling up, and if you exploited to give yourself experience you could level up. But at the soft cap through normal play, it is no longer possible to level up, not because the game blocks experience gain or because your level can't physically go higher, there's just no way to get the experience to do so.

SuperVegitoFAN
6 years ago#7
chris1001 the sequel posted...

This. There is nothing physically stopping you from leveling up, and if you exploited to give yourself experience you could level up. But at the soft cap through normal play, it is no longer possible to level up, not because the game blocks experience gain or because your level can't physically go higher, there's just no way to get the experience to do so.

So basically lack of exp resources?

dweorg
6 years ago#8
SuperVegito2487 posted...
chris1001 the sequel posted...

So basically lack of exp resources?

More or less.

User Info: Ares_Targaryen

Ares_Targaryen
6 years ago#9
Actually you can't get beyond the 27 cap no matter what (even with PC hacks). My PS4 playthrough I got to lvl 24 normally (near 100% completion). On the PC version I tried to see what the cap is and set my level/experience really high (memory hack) and the game won't let you go beyond level 27.

<><><><><>

dweorg
6 years ago#10
Ares_Targaryen posted...
Actually you can't get beyond the 27 cap no matter what (even with PC hacks). My PS4 playthrough I got to lvl 24 normally (near 100% completion). On the PC version I tried to see what the cap is and set my level/experience really high (memory hack) and the game won't let you go beyond level 27.

Interesting. I was expecting the hard cap to actually be 30. I'll have to try that myself, though you're probably right. 27 is just an odd number.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A