• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Why the male straight romance options suck.

User Info: Sky-Sweeper

Sky-Sweeper
6 years ago#1
I've been seeing a lot of posts asking why there were so little romance options for characters. complaining that they suckered that they aren't worth it or that this game is More pro gay than straight. in actuality none of these are true. But what is true is that the characters written for the gay characters are much more interesting than the ones written for straight characters, if were talking about female roles.

Dorian an iron ball are easily the most charismatic characters in this game in this game, and it made me tempted to romance them, simply on the basis that the straight male options are just so plain. Cassandra just feels like a remake of Avalene from Dragon Age 2 and Josephine doesn't work simply because she is not a party member so you talk to her much less than you would with a party member.

I won't go into discussion about the amount of characters that are able to be romanced but I will say quality wise the gay characters are much more substantial than the straight characters. which is a shame because I feel like I don't have anyone that I really want to invest with in this game because I am not gay, and have nothing against people who are gay, but I don't want to role play that way. but I genuinely feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick because I'm not gay, and that i am being punished by having only two very bland options. Whereas i can't decide who i like more on the male character side, Bull or Dorian.

so in the end it's not about the amount of romanceable characters but about the quality in which they are written. in the gay characters are written way better than the straight characters are.

User Info: Bhellium

Bhellium
6 years ago#2
blah blah blah the writers love gay sex which is why they cared more next question who cares

MORE CASS FOR ME ANYWAYS
Read that DICE won't make BF:BC3 because they're not sure what they did right. Try everything and make it better, now get cracking already.

User Info: Mirokumatt

Mirokumatt
6 years ago#3
I am totally loving all the str8 guys getting their pubes in a twist over this. So cute guys.
Most people think time is like a river flowing swift and sure in one direction. They are wrong. Time is an Ocean in a Storm.

User Info: Jtrunks

Jtrunks
6 years ago#4
Bhellium posted...
blah blah blah the writers love gay sex which is why they cared more next question who cares

MORE CASS FOR ME ANYWAYS

Everyone cares.

Which is why this topic will reach 500.
On a quest to get one thread stickied :A:
sticky req plz (also "Official Best Smash Player on Gamefaqs" Currently looking for a successor)

User Info: Jtrunks

Jtrunks
6 years ago#5
Mirokumatt posted...
I am totally loving all the str8 guys getting their pubes in a twist over this. So cute guys.

So you are enjoying this? I have to ask, are you male or female?

Matt, come on bro.
On a quest to get one thread stickied :A:
sticky req plz (also "Official Best Smash Player on Gamefaqs" Currently looking for a successor)

User Info: Dumb Dunmer

Dumb Dunmer
6 years ago#6
I like Cass' romance so far. And I was sorta tempted to romance Cullen(an advisor) on a second playthrough, except he's race gated.

Do you think the writer who wrote Dorian and Cassandra, f***ed up her arc to mess with you?
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

User Info: Sky-Sweeper

Sky-Sweeper
6 years ago#7
I knew this would get negative feedback but you can't deny it feels they put a lot more effort in the male characters than the female... And i don't really like the very "niche" character that Cassandra is. The whole Stout warrior thing isn't really attractive.

User Info: Aarkshark

Aarkshark
6 years ago#8
Sky-Sweeper posted...
I knew this would get negative feedback but you can't deny it feels they put a lot more effort in the male characters than the female... And i don't really like the very "niche" character that Cassandra is. The whole Stout warrior thing isn't really attractive.

She also enjoys reading sappy romance novels.
Written by Varric.
Go figure.
Gamertag/Steam: Navllyk ... PSN: Krataka
...The Night is Long / And the Path is Dark...

User Info: Skeith117

Skeith117
6 years ago#9
Strait male gamer
im sorry you dont like the romances i guess?
I have zero issues however.
Eye of the beholder
The official Jeanne D'arc of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
PSN:RukiaRemix 3DS FC 0490 5303 7899

User Info: hawkleberryfin

hawkleberryfin
6 years ago#10
the gay characters are written way better than the straight characters are

...So?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Why the male straight romance options suck.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A