• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Masterwork crafting? I am confused.

User Info: VeggieX

VeggieX
6 years ago#1
I've tried making a chest piece with dragon tooth. I've made it like 10 times and the stats are never different. What am I doing wrong?
Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi!
Most Wanted: , FF7r, KH3, FFXV, Horizon, Overwatch and more.

User Info: jeremy58589721

jeremy58589721
6 years ago#2
its only a 40% chance it will be a masterwork with a dragons tooth

plus i believe the item will say "masterwork generic item name"
The Swedish Chef is the best Muppet from The Muppet Show!

VeggieX
6 years ago#3
I was expecting to say Masterwork. I have continued to try since my post and nothing. I've tried at least 20 times now. I am so confused. 40% chance over 20 tries is statistically improbably.

User Info: mrdanthedeadman

mrdanthedeadman
6 years ago#4
Going through the game guide... There are masterwork materials. Some say masterwork before while others will have another title before their name like "Fade Touched" or something like that. As to where/how to find them the guide isn't that helpful. Using the Masterwork X material would probably transfer the Masterwork title to the end piece once crafted.
My FC is 2535-4931-8109 DeadmanDan

User Info: The Deadpool

The Deadpool
6 years ago#5
Maybe the game seeded the RNG pree save to prevent save scumming?
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.

User Info: WhenZebrasgobad

WhenZebrasgobad
6 years ago#6
Save scumming work? Not that I would ever do anything like that.
Everyone is bears.

VeggieX
6 years ago#7
The Deadpool posted...

Must be.

User Info: mrdanthedeadman

mrdanthedeadman
6 years ago#8
The Deadpool posted...

This seems to be the general consensus on the Bioware forums, though they don't mention whether or not it says, "masterwork" as a title for the item. They just go on to state that you get a 10% boost to what the items stats should be if the masterwork thing does succeed. There are also other items that apparently boost the chance for it to be a "Masterwork." Though apparently after you create one the odds reset after you create it and one person said creating another masterwork after succeeding is like 9%
My FC is 2535-4931-8109 DeadmanDan

User Info: Jmel89

Jmel89
6 years ago#9
There definitely an issue with that because I just master crafted something last night and now it's not working and I'm using the same exact materials.

User Info: sheridanmoviegu

sheridanmoviegu
6 years ago#10
The Deadpool posted...

I can also confirm this is the case. You have to burn one chance before you get an actual chance at the 40%. It's kind of annoying.
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Masterwork crafting? I am confused.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A