• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. So two handed warriors are no good?

User Info: GIare

GIare
6 years ago#11
Reaver makes Nightmare mode a joke..
N3DS/Vita|/WiiU|Switch|PS4|X1|FC: 1934-0707-9410| PSN: MrEspionage| Steam: NoctisXi|
i5 4690, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1080ti FTW3, 750w PSU, Z97, NotEnoughTB HDD/SSD

User Info: jokerdhell

jokerdhell
6 years ago#12
The Iron Bull is strong, but has low constitution without buffs. His class specification makes him a beast though.

User Info: themasterllwork

themasterllwork
6 years ago#13
ChocOdin posted...
Traditionally DD means damage dealer, I dunno if that's changed in 15 years though. CC is crowd control

Yea, DD is Damage Dealer too which is still used. It means the same either way, although your take is more logical in this case (hard to think completely while working lol).
[ http://www.youtube.com/masterll | http://twitch.tv/themasterll ]
(MasterLL @ work ~ Poking Screen on Note 4)

User Info: Warhead_321

Warhead_321
6 years ago#14
Erroneous_Snake posted...
What are you talking about? Two handed have always been the best tanks and easiest time. Especially in this game with the counter skills.

I just restarted last night from my 2h character to a Sword n Shield because I've been hearing a lot of good things about the 2h class.

For those who have played around with both of these, do you find the 2h better than the Shield class.. particularly when it comes to difficulty and making the game easier? Is one better than the other when it comes to mainly playing as your character and not having to switch and fight as often with your other team members? Maybe I should re-roll the 2h.

User Info: xero549

xero549
6 years ago#15
Thanks for the answers.

User Info: Neo_Tai

Neo_Tai
6 years ago#16
i sitll need practice with the counter skill with the kanari in MP (before using it on the single player)

User Info: Phantom0708

Phantom0708
6 years ago#17
As for tanking, you want sword and shield

As for dps, reaver 2handed is insane
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42 LoL: EmiyaShirou42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.

User Info: AtomicPenguin76

AtomicPenguin76
6 years ago#18
Warhead_321 posted...
What are you talking about? Two handed have always been the best tanks and easiest time. Especially in this game with the counter skills.

I just restarted last night from my 2h character to a Sword n Shield because I've been hearing a lot of good things about the 2h class.

For those who have played around with both of these, do you find the 2h better than the Shield class.. particularly when it comes to difficulty and making the game easier? Is one better than the other when it comes to mainly playing as your character and not having to switch and fight as often with your other team members? Maybe I should re-roll the 2h.

I play a warrior, and in my experience sword and shield is more versatile and your damage isn't bad at all.

Sword and shield is much more survivable as it's far easier to gain Guard. 2H is extremely powerful in close quarters and is by no means a bad choice, but its speed leaves you hitting open air far more often and the animation times leave you vulnerable to staggers and knockdowns far more often than if you're carrying a shield.

You still do AOE damage with a 1-handed sword, and the attack speed makes up for any damage difference on basic attacks. At the beginning of the game it seemed like I was doing little to nothing to enemies, but the farther I get the more that changes. You aren't dropping things like a rogue,but you can fight entire encounters by yourself and just take companions along to speed up the battles.

It's harder to play than the pure damage classes, on the other hand, and you're basically maintaining your own healing throughout the battle as you build guard. It's very active and less forgiving of mistakes than other classes I've tried, but still not hard to do well.

As for the comment you replied to and that 2-handed were the best tanks, that's not even remotely accurate in my experience.

If you want to try it though, try it. It only costs 1 gold for the first respec, and even after that it's only about 350. You don't have to restart entirely if you don't want to, the respec amulets are sold at the blacksmith in haven.

User Info: Warhead_321

Warhead_321
6 years ago#19
AtomicPenguin76 posted...
Warhead_321 posted...

I play a warrior, and in my experience sword and shield is more versatile and your damage isn't bad at all.

Sword and shield is much more survivable as it's far easier to gain Guard. 2H is extremely powerful in close quarters and is by no means a bad choice, but its speed leaves you hitting open air far more often and the animation times leave you vulnerable to staggers and knockdowns far more often than if you're carrying a shield.

You still do AOE damage with a 1-handed sword, and the attack speed makes up for any damage difference on basic attacks. At the beginning of the game it seemed like I was doing little to nothing to enemies, but the farther I get the more that changes. You aren't dropping things like a rogue,but you can fight entire encounters by yourself and just take companions along to speed up the battles.

It's harder to play than the pure damage classes, on the other hand, and you're basically maintaining your own healing throughout the battle as you build guard. It's very active and less forgiving of mistakes than other classes I've tried, but still not hard to do well.

As for the comment you replied to and that 2-handed were the best tanks, that's not even remotely accurate in my experience.

If you want to try it though, try it. It only costs 1 gold for the first respec, and even after that it's only about 350. You don't have to restart entirely if you don't want to, the respec amulets are sold at the blacksmith in haven.

Great reply man. Thank you.

User Info: Neo_Tai

Neo_Tai
6 years ago#20
i alway enjoy playing a 2handed sword in tanking and dps =) and mixing the tank/dps skill into 1
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. So two handed warriors are no good?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A