• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Game repeatedly crashes during Hakkon Wintersbreath boss fight

User Info: pfh1001

pfh1001
2 months ago#1
So, I've played the Jaws of Hakkon DLC a couple of times before, but this time when I get to the dragon the game crashes in the middle of the fight over & over again.

I appeared to be having an issue where the Immolate spell caused this-- I noticed it happened when I used that spell at least twice, so I turned it off & only used other things.

That got me a bit further into the fight, but when my companions got knocked out, I was unable to get them back into the fight. Holding the A button to revive them wouldn't work. I noticed about then that swapping party members wouldn't work either.

Kept trying & was finally able to get the dragon to die (although the cutscene didn't play at the end) but then the game wouldn't let me loot the dragon's goodies either. Tried to save & reload & the game just got stuck.

I've also tried doing a hard rebooting the console too with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

User Info: pfh1001

pfh1001
4 weeks ago#2
In case anybody else has a glitch like this:

I eventually got past that boss fight, but not without it glitching like crazy.

However, ever since that fight, I cannot use Immolate at all without the game crashing. I even tried deleting & reinstalling the game & it's still happening. Not sure why it's that specific spell, especially as it worked fine for the first 95% of the game (I'd beaten almost the entire main game & most of the DLCs other than Trespasser).

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
2 weeks ago#3
That sounds very strange, TC. The only glitch I can personally attest to having is where the game softlocked for a short while due to what I’m guessing was all three advisors finishing their tasks at the same time on the war table since I had intentionally picked operations that had all three advisors finishing within seconds of each other. (It eventually unfroze itself, but for a time, I was freaking out about losing a lot of progress since I had forgotten to save after doing a lot of important things in the main storyline)
"Was None Tomahawk the sequel to Bone Tomahawk? Like, they used up all their tomahawks?" -- biggs03
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Game repeatedly crashes during Hakkon Wintersbreath boss fight
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A