• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the romance options are actually quite limited?

User Info: IceDragon77

IceDragon77
5 years ago#1
I mean, my character is a straight male, so I get a choice between Cassandra, the manliest woman in DA:I, or Josephine the politician.

I get that they wanted more options for homosexual relationships, and that's great. But boy is it slim pickings. Doesn't help that the options are weighing so heavily towards female characters. As a male you have 2 straight options and two gay options, but as a female you have access to 4 straight options (depending on race) and 2 gay options.

It feels like they're missing 2 options for males that depend on what race you are.

This topic was started because I actually kinda was interested in romancing Sera just because I find it funny how crass she is, but then I found out she wasn't into guys. :\
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg Thanks Fellwolf!

User Info: mattislegion

mattislegion
5 years ago#2
If by "only one" you mean "one of the tons of people".
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion (RIP), A Mole Sitting (New main), A Mole Araming (New Smurf) Also on Hoxley and Optic Mewtwo

User Info: arc131313

arc131313
5 years ago#3
yeah, its some serious BS in my opinion. it should be balanced all across the board. i get why it is so restricted, it helps make the characters seem more real, but still. i shouldn't feel obligated to play as a woman just so i can see more of the game
"What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." - halofan9912

User Info: deadpool_legend

deadpool_legend
5 years ago#4
I consider it penance for Mass Effect 3 in which it was quite possible that a female Shepard could have absolutely zero straight romance options.
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3

User Info: Bhellium

Bhellium
5 years ago#5
mattislegion posted...
If by "only one" you mean "one of the tons of people".
Read that DICE won't make BF:BC3 because they're not sure what they did right. Try everything and make it better, now get cracking already.

User Info: IceDragon77

IceDragon77
5 years ago#6
deadpool_legend posted...
I consider it penance for Mass Effect 3 in which it was quite possible that a female Shepard could have absolutely zero straight romance options.

I'm a firm believer that you can't fix a f*** up, with another f*** up. Lol.
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg Thanks Fellwolf!

User Info: The-Mutant

The-Mutant
5 years ago#7
People are still salty about this? Sheesh. :P Female qunari and dwarves have the same number of straight romances as males, and gay male AND female Inquisitors also only have two options apiece- it's only straight females (IF they're human or elves) and bisexual Inquisitors that have more than that, and the latter is just plain logical. I really don't think that straight male inquisitors were left out in the cold comparatively, nor that Bioware willfully templed their fingertips and cackled, going 'we'll give straight male characters less romances than some straight female characters, that'll learn em!'

Considering that in most games, you are obliged to play as a straight male 100% of the time, I wouldn't worry about Bioware setting a precedent for straight male characters to be thrown out of the car on the romance front. :P

Mind you, I would have liked more romances overall, for all sexualities, but that will always be the case. :P more variety is never bad, as long as they're all well written and fleshed out.

And hey, think of it this way- if you're playing a male character, you don't have to give a second thought to what race you're playing, since it will never change what love interests are available for that. :P
This place has outlasted its usefulness... as have you! -Kain (Soul Reaver)

User Info: hartjh

hartjh
5 years ago#8
You IceDragon77 posted...

If you killed them all off, you deserve to be alone, lol
The only K/D that does matter is your real life one. _ZM_

User Info: avoiderman

avoiderman
5 years ago#9
IceDragon77 posted...

What are you doing here? There is a whole world of politics that desperately needs to hear from you.

User Info: GhostCrysis

GhostCrysis
5 years ago#10
All of us should go on bioware's twitter and tell them to give us a DLC filled with new romance options... Lol......

Here you go 100 new NPC for you to romance!!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Am I the only one who thinks the romance options are actually quite limited?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A