• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. The mystery of the f**k man on FOB challenge

User Info: gt905

gt905
2 months ago#1
So I'm not on ps4 servers I'm one of the few still on the ps3. I'm posting here because I just ran into an old mystery while on the ps3 mgs5 board. I first ran into this guy and posted bout him I think 4 years ago. and it seems like he popped up again. I post a link to my original thread at the end of this. Anyway. I returned to the ps3 servers and not only is this person still there, He has atleast 8 other bases on the security challenge, they are either abandoned or are protected by a ton of creeping buzzard guards, and once in awhile some have nukes. Hes appearently still sending weird messages also. Any way has anyone come across him on the ps4 servers and if so do you know who he is? We on the ps3 are loving the easy numes and support staff but the guys a little weird. Also if you come across him like I have, he doesn't fight you, he just acts weird.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/75048296

User Info: SuperVergil

SuperVergil
2 months ago#2
Can't say I've ever spotted this particular guy on PS4's Security Challenge, but I did meet others who behaved in a similar way when I was active.
Strategy Guides Collection: https://j.mp/2NOS081

User Info: Maddhatter501

Maddhatter501
1 month ago#3
I'm on ps3 also and today lost over 100 guards to this.... I don't even know what to call him. so I logged on today and he was already on my base. I go confront him but he left. I checked the damage and see he somehow breezed through the first platform, took time at the second and stays there just takes his time killing my guards. I guess after reinforcements ran out is when he moved to the other platforms killed everyone else. Then after that he somehow died on the last bridge leading out of bounds. Anyway I go to his base as I want to fight him. nothing and a waste of time so I infiltrate. Do some stuff and log off. I go back on this evening. He attacked me again, same thing atleast 60 guards dead, Same tactics. I go his base again, this time I wait. AFTER 15 MINUTES HE SHOWS UP!! What does he do? somehow by passes goes to the firstplatform, thows a bunch of animal cages and decoys arounds, leaves some boxes around and fires off that grenade launcher for noobs. I go after him. and run into a trap of I'm guessing 10 mines as there were a ton of explosions and instant death. I re spawn. look for him and can't find him? Why? He threw decoy grenades on the platforms but somehow by passed me again and ran to that end bridge by the out of bounds area and shoots off his machine gun to the tune of some song. then just stands there till I get to him and kick he ass. While I'm doing this he sends ea message saying and I quote" shiver me timbers this a****** is gonna land now" About 2 minutes later he knocks me out runs to the third platform, I got after him with the stun grenade launcher and he kills himwelf with an explosion. A few minutes I get some message about someone wanted to go outside. WHO IS THIS GUY? He makes no sense, He kills good soldiers, he has weird security( 1 camera is lookibg out to see and another it attached to a flag somehow) he sends weird messages, he has 7 or 8 bases. He gives out nukes like Christmas gifts. WHO IS THIS GUY and what is his deal?

User Info: gt905

gt905
1 month ago#4
100 soldiers what rank were they? Yo I got a weird long message from him a few years back. Iwill copy and paste it here. I made a post bout it back then.
His message was broken in 2 or 3 parts saying this. Mancub forewarned us of this, for he said, "And it was foretold by Gyromancy, friend of Zihia, while going to ones destination, they will face injury and death, smitten down by the wrath of metal controlled by those oblivious to all around them" It is time, time we glimpse what is yonder, Time to take control, Time to struggle back, BEFORE IT IS TO LATE!! As Mancub once proclaimed, "All who do not heed the one they should by flowers for will suffer, they shall smile like the vipers of Ceadlick and smite thee with fast lead , Nimbus falls from the sky.
Any one wanna take a guess at what that means be my guest. I think this guy is from canada. 1 of his fobs is called f*** man ckec 941. I googled it and it brought me to a radio station in canada.

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
1 month ago#5

User Info: Schumy7

Schumy7
2 weeks ago#6
May 2022 it's all over.
PF: [Code Zero] AAA+ 79
["I will make it legal"]

HentaiMan
2 weeks ago#7
Schumy7 posted...
May 2022 it's all over.
PS3/360 gen only. Read the document in Vergils topic. -TPP- FOB will remain on latter platforms as most play on there today, further bolstered by backward compatibility on newest consoles.
On GZ, only save transfer option is being cut on that date for newer platforms. But since Definitive Edition exists as the current version sold, nothing is lost as all GZ extras like suits, Finger and Eye staff guys is included.

hence my main menu has game switch instead of data upload.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/7/2/6/AAde6oAACSqW.jpg
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Schumy7

Schumy7
2 weeks ago#8
I know, issue with tc is on ps3..
May 2022 problem solved.
PF: [Code Zero] AAA+ 79
["I will make it legal"]

HentaiMan
2 weeks ago#9

User Info: Maddhatter501

Maddhatter501
2 weeks ago#10
HentaiMan posted...
PS3/360 gen only. Read the document in Vergils topic. -TPP- FOB will remain on latter platforms as most play on there today, further bolstered by backward compatibility on newest consoles.
On GZ, only save transfer option is being cut on that date for newer platforms. But since Definitive Edition exists as the current version sold, nothing is lost as all GZ extras like suits, Finger and Eye staff guys is included.

hence my main menu has game switch instead of data upload.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/7/2/6/AAde6oAACSqW.jpg
Will the progress made be transferable? One of the reasons I didn't jump onto ps4 right away was due to the progress I made on mgsv on the ps3, the high level base stats and soliders. Is there any news of possibly ps4 users transferring all that to ps5 accounts? Also Hentaiman LMAO at creepypasta base, Yeah that may explain this guys bases lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. The mystery of the f**k man on FOB challenge
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A