• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Getting quiet back...did I f*** up??? SPOILERS

User Info: FrozenBananas

FrozenBananas
4 years ago#1
A few missions away from 100%ing the entire game. I want quiet back.

I understand you have to replay the quiet mission 7 times without killing her and then get a Reunion message instead of Replay.

In my sixth Replay, I was spamming the "skip cutscene" button and somehow pulled the trigger on her by mistake.

I restarted the mission instantly, before the chopper picked me up, and before leaving the mission area, and replayed the mission another 4 or 5 times, never killing her. It STILL keeps saying Replay instead of reunion.

Are you f***ing kidding me? One misstep of a button and it completely f***s my chances of ever getting her back???
have wings learn to fly

User Info: WWP7

WWP7
4 years ago#2
FrozenBananas posted...
I restarted the mission instantly, before the chopper picked me up, and before leaving the mission area, and replayed the mission another 4 or 5 times, never killing her. It STILL keeps saying Replay instead of reunion.

Do it again 6 times.
It should work on the 7th.

FrozenBananas
4 years ago#3
Good thanks :) I'll have to do it later this weekend when I'm drunk. I couldnt stand playing this mission another 7 times sober
have wings learn to fly

User Info: Ace10of27Spades

Ace10of27Spades
4 years ago#4
Just do this haha
https://youtu.be/BEN766TUbRE
PSN: Ace10of27Spades

User Info: zeebra

zeebra
4 years ago#5
This is a joke right. You can't get Quiet back when you do the game 100%.

User Info: eric_otness

eric_otness
4 years ago#6
zeebra posted...
This is a joke right. You can't get Quiet back when you do the game 100%.

The game got updated to allow you to get Quiet Back by doing the mission where you fight Quiet 7 times a couple of years ago.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=23176

User Info: zeebra

zeebra
4 years ago#7
I always assumed this was a real joke to get people to play the mission 11 a number of times in a row. But hey, its not a joke, it really works.

I have been doing some repetitive walker gear farming missions and some FOB resource collection grinding recently, so I thought, what the heck. Why not try it and see.

Here is the video, and "proof" that it works. To anyone else of the same doubt I was. I think video is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to do this mission 7 times, so feel free to try the same way.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5iaqe8

Happy to have Quiet back!

FrozenBananas
4 years ago#8
Yeah it's not too difficult. I have the Brennan sniper level 5 and I can basically take her out in 2 shots, it's not difficult. The annoying part is skipping the 5 f***ing cutscenes that follow.
have wings learn to fly

User Info: mojavehotwax

mojavehotwax
4 years ago#9
FrozenBananas posted...
Yeah it's not too difficult. I have the Brennan sniper level 5 and I can basically take her out in 2 shots, it's not difficult. The annoying part is skipping the 5 f***ing cutscenes that follow.

i thought you were supposed to Non-Lethal for Reunion, i just drop 2 Support Boxes on her head, Event Fatigues have 0 Cost Deployment, you'll still get charged for the Cost of Support though

User Info: gtaviiiiz

gtaviiiiz
4 years ago#10
will this method work on ps3 i mean does this update exist on ps3
By stealth or by guns blazing you will all die b*****s
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Getting quiet back...did I f*** up??? SPOILERS
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A