• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. losing GMP when switching to offline?

User Info: AnabolicBeef

AnabolicBeef
4 years ago#1
whenever i switch to offline mode i my GMP drops and each time i do it it increases. first it was 25k, then 180k now when i disconnect my GMP goes down over 4 Million.

whats the deal with that? i get that some resources are online with the fob stuff but why the GMP going down and more each time?

User Info: Kronos0999

Kronos0999
4 years ago#2
Same with me,I had 4 mil gmp,I went online and then offline,gmp went down to 2 mil.I earned gmp again and got it in 4 mil again.
The next day I connected online,I had 6 mil gmp,switched to offline have 500k.
WTF??????!!!!!!!!!WTF?????WTFH????F*CK YOU KONAMI???

User Info: BlitzPanther

BlitzPanther
4 years ago#3
I never go online anymore. Problem solved.
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII

User Info: Ocelot4444

Ocelot4444
4 years ago#4
that's the new feature Lol. I lose around 200K when I went offline, connected back and got it back.

User Info: calvin_0

calvin_0
4 years ago#5
a feature to encourage people to stay online for fob invasion... too bad it backfired by make them to stay offline forever.. good job konami.
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0

User Info: BlitzPanther

BlitzPanther
4 years ago#6
calvin_0 posted...
a feature to encourage people to stay online for fob invasion... too bad it backfired by make them to stay offline forever.. good job konami.

I might stay online for that stuff if it didn't lag the idroid and load times.
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII

User Info: Hitman_67

Hitman_67
4 years ago#7
Some money is stored online in FOB, some store on your own Mother Base. You don't lose it to enemies, it was meant to increase your total GMP you can have instead of capping it at 5.

If you go offline you'll lose what is stored on FOB till you reconnect
Founder of the Venchel Crime Family (GTAV-IV)
GT: Lord Takahashi - GTAO: Lvl 366 / 2.50 KD

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
4 years ago#8
Yeah they're clearly trying their damndest to make people stay connected.

Why....who knows besides forcing FOB interaction down our throats for whatever reason. (guess they hope it leads to more MB coin sales and insurance sales)

All it as to do to transfer stuff online is to sign into the title menu to and since it auto logs now you'll have to disconnect the connection to stop it.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766

User Info: calvin_0

calvin_0
4 years ago#9
Hitman_67 posted...
it was meant to increase your total GMP you can have instead of capping it at 5.

if that the case they can just easily increase the cap...
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0

User Info: bartz90

bartz90
4 years ago#10
calvin_0 posted...
Hitman_67 posted...
it was meant to increase your total GMP you can have instead of capping it at 5.

if that the case they can just easily increase the cap...

Yeah it's stupid reasoning; as if they're doing us a favor or something. This is clearly nothing more than trying to hold our resources and GMP for ransom so we'd feel forced to stay online and participate in FOB potentially pushing us to buy coins and insurance.

I was going to stay offline to finish the story once I hit the point at which FOBs are introduced. I disconnected and a massive chunk of my GMP went missing. I didn't even own an FOB yet. They were storing my GMP on my FOB? What the one that didn't exist yet? f*** Konami.
-
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. losing GMP when switching to offline?
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Guide and Walkthrough by codebreak1337 1 year ago
Guide and Walkthrough (Portuguese) by ALCAM 3 years ago
No Traces Guide by Garamoth 3 years ago
Extreme Guide by ChaosDemon 3 years ago
Animal Collection FAQ by Vesperas 4 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A