• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Requirements to unlock Mission 46 (The true finale, SPOILERS)

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
5 years ago#1
To unlock Mission 46 "Truth: The Man Who Sold the World ", Phantom Pain's true final mission you need to meet certain requirements.

- Complete missions 1-31
- Complete postgame Story Missions

Mission 32 To Know Too Much
Mission 38 Extraordinary
Mission 41 Proxy War Without End
Mission 43 Shining Lights, Even In Death
- Complete postgame Side Ops Story Missions
Side Op - Extract the AI Pod
Side Op - Secure the Remains of the Man on Fire
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 1
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 2
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 3
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 4
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 5
- Listen to all story audio/cassette recordings (they are yellow in color)
- Upgrade entire base, and platform to level 3 or higher.

I just completed missions 46, and didn't play any of the repeat missions 32-51.
Instead I just kept doing side-ops, and returning to Motherbase regularly to unlock the new story missions and side ops.

I have spent the last few hours waiting for my entire base to get to level 3 or above, and 46 hadn't been unlocked. So on a chance, I listened to all the story audio and bam, I noticed my missions were highlighted yellow meaning a new story mission had been unlocked.

So, I don't know if level 3 base is needed or not, but many seem to think it is.
Finally, the 2 Quiet side missions are completely optional and not needed for progression.
Side Op - Secure Quiet
Mission 45 A Quiet Exit

Hopefully this helps someone!
If there are any corrections, please say so!
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: paullemieux14

paullemieux14
5 years ago#2
Okay. I'm very confused because i have done all of this, but I still haven't unlocked it. This is very frustrating >://

User Info: Joni_el_bori

Joni_el_bori
5 years ago#3
You don't need to listen to any cassettes.

I didn't listen to any up to mission 50 as I wanted to unlock all of them and listen at once.
IGN - Johnny
HR - 999

User Info: Mr_Dude_Bro

Mr_Dude_Bro
5 years ago#4
Cassette tapes are not required because there were a few I hadn't listened to when I unlocked it.

paullemieux14
5 years ago#5
Maybe deployment missions count ?

paullemieux14
5 years ago#6
just kidding. i just got it :D

User Info: xSHEPERDx

xSHEPERDx
5 years ago#7
Is this the content exclusive to the CE version? The stuff that shows the cut ending storyboards and partial cinematics involving Eli's ending arc?

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
5 years ago#8
Mr_Dude_Bro posted...
Cassette tapes are not required because there were a few I hadn't listened to when I unlocked it.

People still claim the Yellow Cassettes are needed. It's what unlocked 46 for me.

xSHEPERDx posted...
Is this the content exclusive to the CE version? The stuff that shows the cut ending storyboards and partial cinematics involving Eli's ending arc?

No, this is the 2nd ending you get which reveals the truth about Big Boss
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
5 years ago#9
"Upgrade entire base, and platform to level 3 or higher."

No, definitely not. My Command was 4 and my Support was 3 when I got the mission. Everything else was 2.

I'm pretty sure there's no trick to it. You just need to beat every story mission/side op as they come up and sometimes you have to wait (with a few optional missions/side ops) in between because it wants you to leave the base and do something before it triggers another cutscene back at base.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: Xandagar

Xandagar
5 years ago#10
That explains why I have Mission 46 available yet no Mission 45 (since I still have Quiet due to Butterfly emblem).
"Game is not broken. You just suck."
"Take them for what they are - games." -blueyelie
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Requirements to unlock Mission 46 (The true finale, SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A