• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Operation Intrude N313 -spoilers for whole series

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 years ago#1
So, we all know that's the operation name in MG1 where Solid Snake is sent by big boss to infiltrate Outer Heaven.

But having that operation tape pop up at the end creates so much s***.
1. SS was trained by BB and Miller in Foxhound:
If it was Medic+Miller it s***s on SS character development and Foxhound because it wasn't lead by BB but by f***ing Medic.
If it was BB+Miller that creates a paradox/retcon because Miller is on the opposing side of BB after MGSV.
2. Was Outer Heaven led by Medic or just sent him there to get killed by Solid Snake?
3. At the end of MG1 Big Boss clearly says "this isn't the last time we meet, I'm still alive". So either Medic or Big Boss is alive, one SS fought anyway. Which means they're retconning MG1 or some s***, because they say SS kills Medic.

It's already 2 big retcons, but whatever.
I mean there's no way foxhound was led by medic.
Or they just swapped him out with medic at some point in the 80s, which is another load of crap.

Also, medic woke up before BB, but they kept him in induced coma untill BB awakens. Why wouldn't they just put medic in motion? They wanted to protect BB anyway, he'd certainly be more safer if medic was around. Even if he dies, noone will chase after BB anymore.
And what about BB? He didn't create that medic plan. He wakes up after 9 years and he just agrees with zero and rides away on a bike? Cmon. He takes protection from zero? Rly. And then goes against him while strolling around zanzibar and it hits him?

I can accept the fake BB, they just did it so terribly it ruined the whole series.

And the plot holes in the first/last mission itself.
Ishmael having both eyes and no beard. Ocelot seeing off BB at 6am and medic is still in the crashed ambulance. Meanwhile in the first mission he saves you while it's still night.
w/e

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
4 years ago#2
GunmaN1905 posted...

I can accept the fake BB, they just did it so terribly it ruined the whole series.

And the plot holes in the first/last mission itself.
Ishmael having both eyes and no beard. Ocelot seeing off BB at 6am and medic is still in the crashed ambulance. Meanwhile in the first mission he saves you while it's still night.
w/e

Yes

The fake BB was terrible and did ruin the story and create unneeded plot holes

And as for Ishmael

Just assume the mask was just like the one Kojima was wearing. So it wasn't just bandages, he actually had a fake face.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2013/03/mask.jpg
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"

User Info: LunarRoar

LunarRoar
4 years ago#3
GunmaN1905 posted...
3. At the end of MG1 Big Boss clearly says "this isn't the last time we meet, I'm still alive". So either Medic or Big Boss is alive, one SS fought anyway. Which means they're retconning MG1 or some s***, because they say SS kills Medic.

Why are people still making a big deal about this? In Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Big Boss keeps muttering "it's not over yet" before he dies, yet in MGS1 Solid goes on to say that Big Boss revealed he was Snake's father before dying. Retcons happen.
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 years ago#4
Cause it's not just a one game retcon, but whole timeline retcon.
Also, even if this is like half of the game from originally intended one, it'd be a lot better if they didn't have that intrude N313 tape and just put BB in the first MG1, instead of venom being there.

User Info: ShockWav3

ShockWav3
4 years ago#5
LunarRoar posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...

Retcons happen.

Hideo is the only one in the industry that feels the need to retcon the previous game with each new game. Its not business as usual, its a terrible practice and it ruins any semblance of continuity.
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox

User Info: LunarRoar

LunarRoar
4 years ago#6
GunmaN1905 posted...
Cause it's not just a one game retcon, but whole timeline retcon.
Also, even if this is like half of the game from originally intended one, it'd be a lot better if they didn't have that intrude N313 tape and just put BB in the first MG1, instead of venom being there.

The quote I mentioned is a bigger retcon than this. All MGSV's retcon changes is MG1's final boss

ShockWav3 posted...
Hideo is the only one in the industry that feels the need to retcon the previous game with each new game. Its not business as usual, its a terrible practice and it ruins any semblance of continuity.

Kingdom Hearts is full of retcons, as is Resident Evil
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar

User Info: Robbin_

Robbin_
4 years ago#7
I don't really get why there's so much hate for venom snake. He's a super capable solder with BB's experience instilled but the knowledge he's medic. So it actually explains why he didn't follow BB's dream. Like all the other PF forces who based themselves off the "legend" of BB without actually understanding the man and what he really wanted. So medic may have gone the wrong way.
So quite possibly BB makes foxhound to eliminate venom once he becomes too much of a threat to the world recruiting SS. (Also Miller trains SS who did other things before foxhound like the green berets, so after training it's not like Miller would know what SS is doing on covert missions.)

Remember that hideo has opened up and developed ask the story from a game made 20 years ago. The fact that he was able to make it this deep is incredible, but you guys are digging at a NES game made a really long time ago. If anything the first two metal gear games don't really have enough substance to call them the official origin anymore.
".... Must... Stop... Metal... Gear"
That's as much story you got in mg1

User Info: Hitman_67

Hitman_67
4 years ago#8
You know, glass eyes are a thing right? Also he does have a beard, didn't you actually look at him?

But like the other said. It could be a mask altogether.
The raiden looking mask in MGS3 was advanced, eyes moved etc. Could of been a upgraded version.
As for the morning vs night. You were near the coast when BB was on the bike. Easier to see the sunrise compared to deeper in where medic was.
Founder of the Venchel Crime Family (GTAV-IV)
GT: Lord Takahashi - GTAO: Lvl 351 / 2.41 KD

User Info: Fade_Chokes

Fade_Chokes
4 years ago#9
Robbin_ posted...
I don't really get why there's so much hate for venom snake. He's a super capable solder with BB's experience instilled but the knowledge he's medic. So it actually explains why he didn't follow BB's dream. Like all the other PF forces who based themselves off the "legend" of BB without actually understanding the man and what he really wanted. So medic may have gone the wrong way.
So quite possibly BB makes foxhound to eliminate venom once he becomes too much of a threat to the world recruiting SS. (Also Miller trains SS who did other things before foxhound like the green berets, so after training it's not like Miller would know what SS is doing on covert missions.)

Remember that hideo has opened up and developed ask the story from a game made 20 years ago. The fact that he was able to make it this deep is incredible, but you guys are digging at a NES game made a really long time ago. If anything the first two metal gear games don't really have enough substance to call them the official origin anymore.
".... Must... Stop... Metal... Gear"
That's as much story you got in mg1

You got it completely wrong. Big Boss and Venom work together, they were always in cohoots. Big Boss wanted Venom to kill Solid Snake, it just didn't work out. There's a reason Venom was in charge of the Outer Heaven Big Boss built during the time Venom was building Diamond Dogs.
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
4 years ago#10
I'd like to know what happened to the offshore base, I think it should've been Outer Heaven instead.
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Operation Intrude N313 -spoilers for whole series
  • Topic Archived