• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Crew
  3. Super unforgiving

User Info: neovector

neovector
2 years ago#1
I got this free with Games with Gold back in August but never really tried playing it booted it up for the second time this morning and the first race against Zoe is completely unforgiving the car slips and slides around the road like it's on ice I can complete the course but there's no damn way that I'm beating Zoe's car ever it's like she's got nitrous and I've got nothing does anybody have any tips of how I can get farther in the single player game?
Gamertag:knighthawk3759, Xbox Community Ambassador
"sometimes people are just Bad Code" - Root

User Info: PerrySport

PerrySport
2 years ago#2
I SUCK at racing games and i didn't think the game was that hard at all except for the Takedown missions.

I did allot of free roaming before trying story missions so i suggest you do the same. Do some Skill challenges (there are so many of them) and it will give you parts that upgrade your car. Just keep practicing the mission so you get a feel for how the game controls and it will be second nature in no time. If all else fails just Crew up with some other players and do the mission with them.
It is what it is

neovector
2 years ago#3
Yeah but I'm talking about the very first mission where you're racing against your partner a Handler or whatever she is you don't have any parts only have the one streetkit that she buys you

User Info: darkknight338

darkknight338
2 years ago#4
Have you tried looking up YouTube videos on how to do that mission?
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC

User Info: mrbeef523

mrbeef523
2 years ago#5
neovector posted...
I got this free with Games with Gold back in August but never really tried playing it booted it up for the second time this morning and the first race against Zoe is completely unforgiving the car slips and slides around the road like it's on ice I can complete the course but there's no damn way that I'm beating Zoe's car ever it's like she's got nitrous and I've got nothing does anybody have any tips of how I can get farther in the single player game?

BTW you actually have nitrous. All your cars automatically have nitrous. Once I realized this I beat her easily.
GT: Ellipsis415
Playing: Destiny.

neovector
2 years ago#6
yup that was what I missed too....I thought you didnt get nitrous until later...it would have been nice if they said..."HEY push "x" for nitrous" on the screen when the race starts.....

User Info: darkknight338

darkknight338
2 years ago#7
Hope the game becomes more enjoyable for you now.

Just a tip: once you unlock the ability to purchase perks, invest in "DOUBLE DOWN". This perk gets you a chance of getting 1 extra perk when you level up. Also consider "MISSIONARY", it increases XP and cash earned in missions.
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC

User Info: mrbeef523

mrbeef523
2 years ago#8
neovector posted...
yup that was what I missed too....I thought you didnt get nitrous until later...it would have been nice if they said..."HEY push "x" for nitrous" on the screen when the race starts.....

I completely agree. This game is terrible at teaching you how to drive.
GT: Ellipsis415
Playing: Destiny.
  1. Boards
  2. The Crew
  3. Super unforgiving
  • Topic Archived