Weird audio "pop"...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K14
  3. Weird audio "pop"...

User Info: Oblek1

Oblek1
4 years ago#1
Anybody else get a random popping noise every once in a while? Im hooked up to a 5.1 receiver via HDMI... It's not game breaking or anything it's just kinda weird.
PS4
PSN: oblek1

User Info: ImJeff

ImJeff
4 years ago#2
5.1 with optical here. I get popping and sound cutting in and out. I thought maybe it was my connections but it only affects this game.
"NY gladly accepts Kendrick as their king. They should take anyone they can at this point." - soulll

User Info: The Hulkster II

The Hulkster II
4 years ago#3
5.1 optical and get the same sound cutting in and out error. But when I switch over to the TV HDMI audio everything is working fine
../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_
( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-, And That is True!

User Info: Oblek1

Oblek1
4 years ago#4
Well good to know that I'm not the only one with the popping issue. I unhooked and hooked everything back up in my receiver so it must be an in-game issue...
PS4
PSN: oblek1

ImJeff
4 years ago#5
Played a full game today and it didn't happen. Heh, we'll see.
"NY gladly accepts Kendrick as their king. They should take anyone they can at this point." - soulll

User Info: darkwizard3533

darkwizard3533
4 years ago#6
did some testing tonight and there seems to be an issue with optical out and dolby and sounding cutting in and out.

dts seems to work fine though and audio sent out via hdmi seems fine too.

also noticed some audio issues with killzone and dolby and optical out. suggests a firmware issue.

User Info: allaboutjosh14

allaboutjosh14
4 years ago#7
u have to put your ps4 in the microwave to fix it.
PSN Chase_atm_bank
Gamertag Chaseatmbank

User Info: The Hulkster II

The Hulkster II
4 years ago#8
allaboutjosh14 posted...
u have to put your ps4 in the microwave to fix it.

thanks for the fix Ill do this first thing tomorrow after I microwave my head
../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_
( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-, And That is True!

ImJeff
4 years ago#9
darkwizard3533 posted...
did some testing tonight and there seems to be an issue with optical out and dolby and sounding cutting in and out.

dts seems to work fine though and audio sent out via hdmi seems fine too.

also noticed some audio issues with killzone and dolby and optical out. suggests a firmware issue.

I'm running DTS and it still happens to me. Quick fix: once it happens, head over to audio settings and switch it to Linear PCM, then back to your normal setting. That should fix it for a while.

User Info: initial_et

initial_et
4 years ago#10
I hear it. Mine only outputs HDMI directly to TV.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K14
  3. Weird audio "pop"...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived