• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warframe
  3. Just started, any tips?
jbergman 5 months ago#1
I downloaded the game and ive played three missions, it's a bit overwhelming, it feels like alot of stuff isn't explained very well but I think I'm getting a clue atleast.

Just wondering if there's any general tips on things a new player may need to know. Also, is it possible to get new warframes by progressing thru the game or do you have to buy them, and I'd love some recommendations on good ones that work well with the bow weapon, it's my favourite so far.
PSN: Bergmanj
KDTProjekt 5 months ago#2
- spend your starting plat on weapon and Warframe slots

- Buy some Nitain Extract if/when you earn Nightwave credits. You'll thank me. It breaks my heart whenever a new player in Help chat tells me they're farming Sabotage caches for it.

- everything that isn't cosmetic can be earned/farmed in-game, although some are gated behind quests and progression, and some have an insufferable grind associated with them, and various Prime gear goes in an out of rotation over the span of a few years. Others require having a clan/dojo with research completed.

- even though you may find yourself attached to specific weapons and frames, it's a good idea to build others you purchase blueprints for, from the market, level them to rank 30, them sell them. Everything you rank to max, the first time, contributes to your mastery rank, which allows access to better gear, along with other various perks.

- focus on finishing the star chart. The more nodes you have access to, the less likely it is you'll be locked out of alerts, challenges, or void fissures, as well as gaining the ability to farm resources you may need, which are planet specific.

- have the wiki open all the time. Unsure of a term? Wiki it. Want to know where to farm something? Wiki it. Don't know how to kill a certain boss? Wiki it. The game does a horrible job of explaining things, and assumes you've kept up with the years of additions, and know how everything works, or know someone who does.

- if you hit a wall with a certain mission, don't be afraid to ask for help in Recruit chat.

- Avoid the open world content, for now. You have access to them early, but most worthwhile content within is beyond the scope of what you're capable of currently.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry
(edited 5 months ago)
PortableXombie 5 months ago#3
What the guy above me said. And wiki and YouTube can help out. Makes sure the information is current though.

Currently Playing: Lifeforce, Progear, Capcom Arcade Stadium
Into shoot'em ups? add me: SW-7245-6574-5217
jbergman 5 months ago#4
Thanks alot, seems like very useful information.

I messed up the first time I got to my ship, went into the arsenal and bought a pistol I didn't even want for 120 plat thinking it was regular currency, felt like a damn fool haha.

What do you mean by weapon/warframe slots, is there a limit on how many I can hold in my inventory?
PSN: Bergmanj
KDTProjekt 5 months ago#5
jbergman posted...
What do you mean by weapon/warframe slots, is there a limit on how many I can hold in my inventory?
Yes. If I recall correctly, you start off with 5 weapon slots and two Warframe slots.

Weapons and frames you purchase from the market come with their own slots already. Any you craft for free will consume one of your slots. If you run out, you'll have to buy more, or sell off some gear.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry
(edited 5 months ago)
NO2_Fiend 5 months ago#6
jbergman posted...
Thanks alot, seems like very useful information.

I messed up the first time I got to my ship, went into the arsenal and bought a pistol I didn't even want for 120 plat thinking it was regular currency, felt like a damn fool haha.

Don't be afraid to email support about platinum purchases you made by accident. They almost always will reverse it if it was a genuine mistake. They've done it twice for me.
I'm an artist at what I do. I fuel the fire, watch it burn, and laugh all the while.
Juri-Han 3 months ago#7
What to do?:
Thought I'd edit this so I didn't overwhelm you with a metric-ton of info so you are starting out just go threw the star chart it's simple from there you'll notice you are getting quest lines some will be hard while others will be easy. You may attempt them and the main ones you need to finish are War Within, Second Dream, Glast Gambit, Rising Tide and heart of deimos.

What to get?:
Early on i recommend getting a Nekros warframe he doesn't have to be prime tbh I don't recommend getting primes yet... so just level him get him up and go to the market and buy all the weapon blueprints you can; you don't have to make them all just make the ones you want for now level them and keep them because later on some are used to make other weapons.

Info:
When you level up a weapon to 30 or a warframe you get mastery which goes to mastery rank where you take these test to rank up some weapons and content are locked until you get a certain mastery. I recommend when you are about to take a mastery test to first practice it and look up a guide on youtube so you don't fail it because if you do you have to wait a good while till you can take the test again.

Longterm:
So when you have most of your stuff done or close enough pick a Syndicate if you are wondering what to go for? View the offerings and scroll threw them these are things they sell and they sell warframe mods pick the one that gives you stuff for either Mesa Saryn Nekros Volt and or just generally warframes you like.

Now when you are doing your star chart you'll come across saturn and you'll end up doing cassini you have a chance of a special enemy spawning called a lich go ahead and kill them BUT do not hit the button prompt. See what they give if it isn't "Kuva Zarr" do not get it just do the mission.

Primes to get?:
Mesa, Sayrn, Volt, Nekros, Nova, and Octavia. Mesa and Sayrn are great if not the best DPS frames, Volt is just nice to have helps you get threw stuff but from that point on I just say get who ever you'd like and want that or hit up a tierlist and see whats top and as for weapons look at a tierlist aswell...

Warfames to get?:
I already told you to get Nekros but there are other regular warframes that do not have primes that you should gun for when you have the majority of your stuff done and those are Wisp, Baruuk, Khora, and Gauss.

Generally warframes give mastery so just collect them all but those make them your first choice because you'll be using them and they are powerful

What to sell?:
I wouldn't sell ANYTHING until you've mastered it and even than hold on to them because you might not have anything better after awhile plus some weapons are used to craft other weapons an example would be any akimbo weapon they require two of the same weapon. Also you might not have anything "good" for awhile so hold on to it but when you've pretty much mastered your tutorial weapons AND have effectively replaced them with better weapons sell them it's okay those you will not need.

As for WARFRAMES don't sell them horde them even if they are regular just master them and hold on to them.

I thought I'd ad this as well but if you have Amazon prime and have access to twitch prime link your account to get goodies sometimes they give some really good stuff like warframes and weapons.
(edited 3 months ago)
darkknight338 3 months ago#8
I would recommend not buying any weapon slots early on.

Especially when nightwave tier 3 gets you two weapon slots.
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC
  1. Boards
  2. Warframe
  3. Just started, any tips?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A