• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fable Anniversary
  3. Liking the game so far but something bothers me

User Info: TheGrowlanser

TheGrowlanser
4 years ago#1
How fast you age. I have done like 15 hours so far and my character already have 35 years. What?! That's like a week in game days! It also doesn't help that nobody but yourself seems to age.....
Chaotic Neutral

TheGrowlanser
4 years ago#2
I beat the game. This series is underrated. Can't wait to play the other two.
Chaotic Neutral

User Info: DarthZartanyus

DarthZartanyus
4 years ago#3
If I recall correctly, your age is increased by a specific amount for every level you advance a skill. I don't remember the exact amount but if you level up too quickly it can be a bit jarring. Certain quests also bump it up quite a bit.

Fable 2 is my favorite of the series. The combat flows so much better than the first and I love how it handles character progression and customization. It made a bunch of improvements and kept that mysterious and somewhat eerie Fable feel. Definitely a great sequel.

Fable 3 gets a bit of hate but I like it. It's not as big of a leap from 2 and some of the new things it introduces are awkwardly executed but it's still pretty damn fun. It's a bit more streamlined than 2 but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

All in all, I wouldn't say the Fable series is underrated. In it's day it was quite celebrated.
Alas, the years have been unkind and good ol' Fable has been left behind.
It's development team is no more so it seems unlikely for it to ever again reach the heights of yore.
Intelligence. Confidence. Willpower.

User Info: Rhade

Rhade
4 years ago#4
I think aging is done by 0.6 years per level, so maxing magic can really Inc read your age quite a bit... on the lost chapters edition you could in theory decrease your age all the way back fown to 18 through the hero save glitch.

No worries about the age, you can still hit up the ladies (or men ) like a virile 20 something and still hit like a train @ age 65

It's part of what makes Fable... well Fable. Choices have consequences.

I won't get into personal reviews on the other games in the series... at least not now

TheGrowlanser
4 years ago#5
Good to see some people around here. I married Lady Grey at 48 years old lol. How old is she anyway?
Chaotic Neutral

Rhade
4 years ago#6
Honestly I don't know off the top of my head, I'd have to do some digging. If there's not an actual age for her somewhere there may be a way to approximate it from the death of her sister and her diary. I can't remember if the diary showed dates or showed the sister's age when she died...

Rhade
4 years ago#7
...couldn't find anything really after a little digging. The dusty notebook says she has come of age (18?) when she killed her sister. Don't know how much time has passed between then and events of Fable..
  1. Boards
  2. Fable Anniversary
  3. Liking the game so far but something bothers me
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A