Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
4 months ago#61
Is anyone trying Electric Curran in this level? Perhaps just two linked together for the rail on the far right? I'll try it with the cauli strategy

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 months ago#62
bry6trump posted...
Is anyone trying Electric Curran in this level? Perhaps just two linked together for the rail on the far right? I'll try it with the cauli strategy

Pianos crush the plants beyond the Slippery Tiles, so in theory they need a bit of baby-sitting to stay alive; I guess, if you're not using CG or any sort of push-back, they could do a bit of damage but, honestly, due to how Damage Plants are in BattleZ, especially mediocre ones like EC, I think they're likely a waste of Sun.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: HT_1

HT_1
4 months ago#63
bry6trump posted...
HT_1 posted...
HT_1 posted...
SailAwayDan posted...
Hi guys, this is my first post to the forum. Been following along for weeks, so thanks for all the great tips and strategies!

I seem to have stumbled into a good strategy for this week using Caulipower (3), Imitated CP, Goldbloom (4), Primal Sunflower (4), Explode-o-Nut (6). I've been consistently scoring around 1.6-1.7 million. I know my plants are a lot lower level than some so you guys can probably do better.

I start with three CP and then use PF on my Goldbloom right away. Wait for the CPs to initially charge and use them. Then one column of Primal Sunflower in column 4. Then use the rest of the PF as I'm able for more CPs and put keep putting EoNs in the very far right column to keep all the zombies in check. Pretty stress free and I've been able to keep consistent scores. Let me know if you find anything to improve this! Thanks for all the good info the past few weeks!

This looks pretty good, save from one thing. I've just tried the new game and immediately my very first opponent was a bot that was ahead of me for much of the game. Had it not been for the refreshed stallias in the last 30 seconds it would have beaten me. So I wonder whether your strategy could bring more points but at the same time leave more opportunities for the bots to beat us.

Yep, just as I have suspected. I've tried your setup and was immediately beaten by a bot. I had no chance to turn it around with the caulipowers. Lost 90 gems to retain my streak so I think I'll stick to the MF, DL, Stallia and blover combo.

Won't you lose to bots eventually anyways? Does it really matter if you tweak things a little bit?

Not necessarily. I think that stallias in the last few seconds give such an edge that the bots cannot beat you if you're careful enough. The problem with the caulipower strategy is that you cannot get suddenly a lot of points in the last few seconds.

HT_1
4 months ago#64
SailAwayDan posted...
HT_1 posted...
HT_1 posted...

This looks pretty good, save from one thing. I've just tried the new game and immediately my very first opponent was a bot that was ahead of me for much of the game. Had it not been for the refreshed stallias in the last 30 seconds it would have beaten me. So I wonder whether your strategy could bring more points but at the same time leave more opportunities for the bots to beat us.

Yep, just as I have suspected. I've tried your setup and was immediately beaten by a bot. I had no chance to turn it around with the caulipowers. Lost 90 gems to retain my streak so I think I'll stick to the MF, DL, Stallia and blover combo.

Man, sorry to hear that. I don't have my Stallia at (what is it?) level 5 to take advantage of the Blover combo yet. Tried to work out an alternative strategy for now. Didn't even think about it being vulnerable against bots but that makes sense. Sorry that is took you to a loss:/

No worries. I've had enough of the chard guard/stallia/blover strategy and wanted to try something different anyway (I was thinking about primal peashooter though.) Besides, I have a streak over 400 now and my theory is that beyond a certain streak you are much more likely to play against bots programmed to beat you.

HT_1
4 months ago#65
HT_1 posted...
bry6trump posted...
HT_1 posted...
HT_1 posted...
SailAwayDan posted...
Hi guys, this is my first post to the forum. Been following along for weeks, so thanks for all the great tips and strategies!

I seem to have stumbled into a good strategy for this week using Caulipower (3), Imitated CP, Goldbloom (4), Primal Sunflower (4), Explode-o-Nut (6). I've been consistently scoring around 1.6-1.7 million. I know my plants are a lot lower level than some so you guys can probably do better.

I start with three CP and then use PF on my Goldbloom right away. Wait for the CPs to initially charge and use them. Then one column of Primal Sunflower in column 4. Then use the rest of the PF as I'm able for more CPs and put keep putting EoNs in the very far right column to keep all the zombies in check. Pretty stress free and I've been able to keep consistent scores. Let me know if you find anything to improve this! Thanks for all the good info the past few weeks!

Won't you lose to bots eventually anyways? Does it really matter if you tweak things a little bit?

Not necessarily. I think that stallias in the last few seconds give such an edge that the bots cannot beat you if you're careful enough. The problem with the caulipower strategy is that you cannot get suddenly a lot of points in the last few seconds.

I've had a few narrow wins and I think I would have already been defeated at least three times had it not been for the stallia/blover combo.

User Info: ElmoKajaky

ElmoKajaky
4 months ago#66
It's sad. We used to think that the goal of Battlez was to maximize our scores. Nah. The goal is to maximize burst scoring in the last ten seconds or so of each game.

Plant level, strategy, all of that is just a side show.

User Info: SneakyRene

SneakyRene
4 months ago#67
ElmoKajaky posted...
It's sad. We used to think that the goal of Battlez was to maximize our scores. Nah. The goal is to maximize burst scoring in the last ten seconds or so of each game.

Plant level, strategy, all of that is just a side show.

Agreed...super sad indeed...the inital entertainment has certainly fizzled out and while each new weeks brings just a little excitement it quickly dies out within the first few days...

User Info: Peter_NYC

Peter_NYC
4 months ago#68
Wow, I faced two real opponents in a row for the first time in weeks! How refreshing! They changed matchmaking....

User Info: Mbartel500

Mbartel500
4 months ago#69
Four bots in a row, all had level 1 plants, and I BARELY won with maxed plants. Gotta burst score with 5 seconds or less to win. If I try for a high score it is a gauranteed loss.

User Info: Peter_NYC

Peter_NYC
4 months ago#70
Ya, it seems like all bots since my two real opponents in a row... disappointing..
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived