Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
5 months ago#211
Andrex_93 posted...
sir_joe posted...
Just did a funny thing. From the start I understood that played against bot. They have recognizable pattern of earning odd scores that don't corresponde to beaten zombies. This one was a bot that I was supposed to win (he stayed behind me for a while). So I simply digged up all of my plants at when about 2.30 left. He scored a small fraction and just stayed there. In the last second CB earned me 5k points - enough to beat him. And I won 45k to 40k! Now I am 99% sure that bots don't care about your average score, I suppose EA doesn't even track it. All these bots do is just track your score in each particular game, that's it.

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but isn't this what we were all saying all along? They don't have a system in place for basing the opposing score on the setup of the player.. The bots simply modify their score based on what we score in that game. That's why people sand-bag, why we save PF for the last few seconds and why the bots' setups don't make any sense.

Then what would you say about the games where I just blow away my opponent but then afterward I see he has a very odd setup..? I'm talking about using puff shroom along with intensive carrot ..are these not bots? Most of my matches in silver league are not close games at all but I still suspect many are bots due to the crazy plant setup..

I'd like to know how popcap is doing the match making ..I guess it has improved a bit from last week..

bry6trump
5 months ago#212
Wait, I'm on win 99 I think and it shows I'm back to crappy rewards like x1500 coins and x2pinatas...wtf..I remember others talking about this but what's the deal?

Still don't like getting x8 mint rewards lol..what a joke

User Info: ElmoKajaky

ElmoKajaky
5 months ago#213
"it's basically a game similar to older video games where you are pitted against random AI opponents over and over..yet in BattleZ you are basically supposed to win 95% of the matches do you can get decent streaks going..odd structure"

I wouldn't mind as much if they'd program the bots to play more like humans. As it is now, wins don't feel like a big deal, and losses feel unfair. Kinda the worst of both worlds.

"I definitely would like to see PVZ3 get made..could they make a game where one player controls plants and the other sends zombies out?this would be fun if it was done correctly.."

I'd totally buy that!

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
5 months ago#214
bry6trump posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
sir_joe posted...
Just did a funny thing. From the start I understood that played against bot. They have recognizable pattern of earning odd scores that don't corresponde to beaten zombies. This one was a bot that I was supposed to win (he stayed behind me for a while). So I simply digged up all of my plants at when about 2.30 left. He scored a small fraction and just stayed there. In the last second CB earned me 5k points - enough to beat him. And I won 45k to 40k! Now I am 99% sure that bots don't care about your average score, I suppose EA doesn't even track it. All these bots do is just track your score in each particular game, that's it.

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but isn't this what we were all saying all along? They don't have a system in place for basing the opposing score on the setup of the player.. The bots simply modify their score based on what we score in that game. That's why people sand-bag, why we save PF for the last few seconds and why the bots' setups don't make any sense.

Then what would you say about the games where I just blow away my opponent but then afterward I see he has a very odd setup..? I'm talking about using puff shroom along with intensive carrot ..are these not bots? Most of my matches in silver league are not close games at all but I still suspect many are bots due to the crazy plant setup..

I'd like to know how popcap is doing the match making ..I guess it has improved a bit from last week..

.. What about them? If the Plant setup is odd/impossible and the score matches, then it's a bot. I don't see how that has to do with how the bots score.

Again, I don't wanna come off as rude: I just thought that what we were all talking about was exactly what was in that post: bots' scores depend entirely on what you are scoring in that match, in that moment.

bry6trump posted...
Wait, I'm on win 99 I think and it shows I'm back to crappy rewards like x1500 coins and x2pinatas...wtf..I remember others talking about this but what's the deal?

It's been a known bug that the graphics for the rewards resets every 98 wins to the "first wave of rewards (so 1 through 98), but the actual rewards you get are correct. They still haven't fixed it, but it's been like this since at least 2 seasons.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

bry6trump
5 months ago#215
Andrex_93 posted...
bry6trump posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
sir_joe posted...

.. What about them? If the Plant setup is odd/impossible and the score matches, then it's a bot. I don't see how that has to do with how the bots score.

Again, I don't wanna come off as rude: I just thought that what we were all talking about was exactly what was in that post: bots' scores depend entirely on what you are scoring in that match, in that moment.

bry6trump posted...

It's been a known bug that the graphics for the rewards resets every 98 wins to the "first wave of rewards (so 1 through 98), but the actual rewards you get are correct. They still haven't fixed it, but it's been like this since at least 2 seasons.

You claimed bots score right alongside ours but if this was true, I wouldn't be blowing them out 99% of the time..they would be trailing my score but they aren't, I crush them pretty much after the initial 30 seconds is up..
In my case, sandbagging would be stupid so bots are not all acting the same way in all leagues it seems

bry6trump
5 months ago#216
Btw don't worry about being rude lol..it's an Internet forum..typed words from anonymous strangers shouldn't bother anyone

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
5 months ago#217
bry6trump posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
bry6trump posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
sir_joe posted...

bry6trump posted...

You claimed bots score right alongside ours but if this was true, I wouldn't be blowing them out 99% of the time..they would be trailing my score but they aren't, I crush them pretty much after the initial 30 seconds is up..
In my case, sandbagging would be stupid so bots are not all acting the same way in all leagues it seems

No, I meant that bots are scoring in proportion to our scores, but that doesn't translate to all bots doing all the same percentage of our score! Like, the weaker bots do, say, 20% of our score, medium ones do 50% and the stronger ones do around 95%.. Which sometimes surpass us for an error in coding, apparently.

But the crux of it is that they score proportionate to us as we go along. Say, if you score 100K in a match, a weak bot will make a total of 20k against you, while, if I make 1M, a weak bot will do 200k against me.

bry6trump posted...
Btw don't worry about being rude lol..it's an Internet forum..typed words from anonymous strangers shouldn't bother anyone

Heh, I always try to be nice regardless, otherwise the Internet goes in caos if everyone thinks like that. This is a nice, troll-free board, so personally I do my best to keep it as is.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: Mommy2114

Mommy2114
5 months ago#218
So, I just lost my streak. I was in the 130s. :(

I am in the silver league. For the third time in the past 2 days, I was put against a replay (not bot) scoring over a million. I haven’t seen these scores before now. I think the game was trying to kill my streak. Each replay featured imitated caulipowers, which I don’t own. Each was pitted against an unusually lower scoring round on my part. The first scored 1.4 million and I paid 50 gems to keep my streak. I only score that much on a really good round. The second scored a little over a million. I won by 20k. I usually score 1-1.3 million, so that was on the low side for me. Just now, the replay was 1.2 million to my .9 million. I guess it’s fair since they were replays, but it felt like previous weeks when the game set you up to lose every 10-15 games and it wasn’t worth even trying for a streak.

bry6trump
5 months ago#219
Eeeesh I just lost to a guy that had lava guava, chard guard and moonflower all at level 2! He scored 1.1 million and I only was able to score 750,000! I have an average score of 1.4 million on this weeks map but somehow, I couldn't score this time out..the zombies were slowly coming and imps were making it over and eating my caulipowers which hasn't happened in 100 plus other matches..I used same setup as I always did but didn't work..

I expected to see a guy with caulipowers imitated or Stallia/Blover but instead he had lvl 2 lava guava and chard guard but no Blover! Lol

bry6trump
5 months ago#220
Andrex-ok I understand what you meant..now, are our losses the result in an error in coding or do they deliberately throw us against bots that will win no matter what? I just lost a game I don't think I could have won regardless..I used exact same strategy as I had 90 plus times before but scored about half of what I do normally..hmm
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived