• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

User Info: ElmoKajaky

ElmoKajaky
5 months ago#201
They'll probably have to start over in PVZ3 (should such a beast exist) and plan on having multiplayer from the start. It's probably too late to fix this in PVZ2, unless they can come up with a way to find the hackers who didn't go over the level caps at this late stage and ban them.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
5 months ago#202
bry6trump posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
bry6trump posted...
I really dislike getting seed packets for electric currant as I've said before..I do have a handful of plants that desperately need seeds though..I'm curious if they could set Batlez up, let players pick 1-2 plants per week and they would get reward seed packets just for those two plants instead of whatever useless plant they tend to offer..could this system work? I just think would be nice to focus on certain plants in terms of getting seeds...

They're not gonna let us choose Seeds ever, especially that specifically and in that pontetial quantity: randomness is part of what keeps the system rolling for as long as it has.

They need a better way to level premiums then..

I agree, but, again, the randomness and scarcity of what one actually wants is part of what keeps the game going for so long, unfortunately..

Without paying, BattleZ is likely the best bet to level Premiums.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: sir_joe

sir_joe
5 months ago#203
Just did a funny thing. From the start I understood that played against bot. They have recognizable pattern of earning odd scores that don't corresponde to beaten zombies. This one was a bot that I was supposed to win (he stayed behind me for a while). So I simply digged up all of my plants at when about 2.30 left. He scored a small fraction and just stayed there. In the last second CB earned me 5k points - enough to beat him. And I won 45k to 40k! Now I am 99% sure that bots don't care about your average score, I suppose EA doesn't even track it. All these bots do is just track your score in each particular game, that's it.

User Info: sir_joe

sir_joe
5 months ago#204
Also I'm pretty sure they don't track our plant set up for reply either. Several times lost to obvious humans with set up that did not correspond to scores at all. IMHO they can choose smth reasonable (like shadow combo, explosives, CG) from your plants +/- couple of levels. For e.g. I play in gold league with DL(4) and MF(4) and I din't see any lvl 6 plants. Blover was in place only once or twice out of 100+ games.

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
5 months ago#205
ElmoKajaky posted...
They'll probably have to start over in PVZ3 (should such a beast exist) and plan on having multiplayer from the start. It's probably too late to fix this in PVZ2, unless they can come up with a way to find the hackers who didn't go over the level caps at this late stage and ban them.

At this point, I don't even see BattleZ as being a multiplayer game, definitely not pvp..it's basically a game similar to older video games where you are pitted against random AI opponents over and over..yet in BattleZ you are basically supposed to win 95% of the matches do you can get decent streaks going..odd structure

I definitely would like to see PVZ3 get made..could they make a game where one player controls plants and the other sends zombies out?this would be fun if it was done correctly..

User Info: pvz2maniac

pvz2maniac
5 months ago#206
sir_joe posted...
Also I'm pretty sure they don't track our plant set up for reply either. Several times lost to obvious humans with set up that did not correspond to scores at all. IMHO they can choose smth reasonable (like shadow combo, explosives, CG) from your plants +/- couple of levels. For e.g. I play in gold league with DL(4) and MF(4) and I din't see any lvl 6 plants. Blover was in place only once or twice out of 100+ games.

I think they handicap based on plant levels and types of plants. My two accounts have different plants and my lower one is missing so many plants and my opponents scores are way lower on that account compared to the other with all the plants.

I may need to play more though for a better sample size. So far it has held true the last 3 weeks or so.

User Info: Mbartel500

Mbartel500
5 months ago#207
I have a theory on how the bots are scoring points. I think it is based on how many points we score, in a given period of time. The more we score in a short period of time, the bots respond in kind with an accelerated scoring run of their own. My sandbagging strategy bears this out. As the game begins, I make an effort not to kill any zombies. I let my primal peashooters keep knocking them back. I don't even touch my blover until after the imp cannons appear. With a minute left to play, I try to stay under 200k. And the bots shadow my score all the way. For the first 45 seconds or so the score is 0 to 0. Most of the time, I am ahead with 10 seconds to go. I could just let it ride till the end, but the bot could score suddenly with 1 second or less to go. I have fine tuned my plant placement, so that my score increases very gradually. Then with 1 second to go, I strike for the win. This is a very risky strategy, and I do not suggest that anyone else try it. Sometimes, the zombies dry up at the end. And if the bot happens to be ahead at that point, there are not enough zombies to blow away for a winning score. And twice, I had more points when the timer read 0, but the bot's score jumped ahead of mine, and I lost. In the jade league, it is 100% bots. At least for my battles it has been that way. Every single plant lineup (when they are not masked), has been all level 1 plants. And most of the time, all the plants are from one world. In reality, everything you see concerning your “opponent” in battlez is an illusion. So it all boils down to EA programming the bots to react to conventional scoring patterns from us. So by using an unconventional scoring pattern, I think it gives me an edge. I don't win every time, but I win a whole lot more than when I was trying to score maximum points. What I do works for me. It may not work for anyone else, and some players have a strong aversion to laying back and scoring less. I hate having to do that myself, but I hate losing even more.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
5 months ago#208
sir_joe posted...
Just did a funny thing. From the start I understood that played against bot. They have recognizable pattern of earning odd scores that don't corresponde to beaten zombies. This one was a bot that I was supposed to win (he stayed behind me for a while). So I simply digged up all of my plants at when about 2.30 left. He scored a small fraction and just stayed there. In the last second CB earned me 5k points - enough to beat him. And I won 45k to 40k! Now I am 99% sure that bots don't care about your average score, I suppose EA doesn't even track it. All these bots do is just track your score in each particular game, that's it.

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but isn't this what we were all saying all along? They don't have a system in place for basing the opposing score on the setup of the player.. The bots simply modify their score based on what we score in that game. That's why people sand-bag, why we save PF for the last few seconds and why the bots' setups don't make any sense.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
5 months ago#209
IN silver league, I can only play 2-3 matches in a row as it almost gets tedious just playing the same game..I'm not sure how you guys can play so much to go on huge streaks..maybe my add kicks in lol..most opponents don't score 1 million so they are basically blowouts..I'm not complaining but it's almost ehh predictable and boring..I do know I will lose sometime soon to which I will pay 20 gems to maintain streak..I stand no chance of placing 1 or 2 in my league as they are over 200 crowns higher than me..

User Info: _Jeff

_Jeff
5 months ago#210
I’m liking Silver league. I fell back from Gold last week, and I think I only have seen 1 or 2 bots in the first day or so. Since then everyone is human and scores much lower. The best I saw just broke 1 million. I’ve only lost once between this week and last and it was my own stupidity bringing experimental plants into battlez.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP
  • Topic Archived