• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

User Info: OctoZombie

OctoZombie
6 months ago#191
Andrex_93 posted...

I still don't fully agree that leveling doesn't matter at all, though.

Based on what people have posted in the "Battlez-wins and losses" thread, it definitely matters, at least in some leagues. Here are people's estimates of their scores and how often they lose, for Gold League:

about 600k . . . 1 every 5 or so
800k-1.2m . . . 1 every 20-25
1.5-2m . . . . . 1 every 25
avg 1.8m . . . . 1 every 87.5 (lost 2 of 175)
avg 1.8-2.2m . . 62 wins, no losses yet

That's a huge improvement for getting better scores. Jade League is probably different, since it's nearly all bots there. But even with the mix of humans and bots in Gold League, levelling your plants and scoring higher matters a lot.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
6 months ago#192
OctoZombie posted...
Andrex_93 posted...

I still don't fully agree that leveling doesn't matter at all, though.

Based on what people have posted in the "Battlez-wins and losses" thread, it definitely matters, at least in some leagues. Here are people's estimates of their scores and how often they lose, for Gold League:

about 600k . . . 1 every 5 or so
800k-1.2m . . . 1 every 20-25
1.5-2m . . . . . 1 every 25
avg 1.8m . . . . 1 every 87.5 (lost 2 of 175)
avg 1.8-2.2m . . 62 wins, no losses yet

That's a huge improvement for getting better scores. Jade League is probably different, since it's nearly all bots there. But even with the mix of humans and bots in Gold League, levelling your plants and scoring higher matters a lot.

Exactly. I get what people say about "bots having scores based on yours" and such, but that only seems to matter against bots, so in higher Leagues..
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
6 months ago#193
Silver_age posted...
I’ve had two losses to these bots so far today. It’s depressing when you see them jump 200,000 points ahead of you with 30 seconds to go and to know that you are going to lose no matter what you do.

Yes it is but would you rather EA just taje a human replay that is a few hundred thousand points higher than your average score and put that against you? I'm not sure there would be a big difference overall as you still come out with a loss that was rather pre determined from the start

bry6trump
6 months ago#194
I really dislike getting seed packets for electric currant as I've said before..I do have a handful of plants that desperately need seeds though..I'm curious if they could set Batlez up, let players pick 1-2 plants per week and they would get reward seed packets just for those two plants instead of whatever useless plant they tend to offer..could this system work? I just think would be nice to focus on certain plants in terms of getting seeds...

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
6 months ago#195
bry6trump posted...
I really dislike getting seed packets for electric currant as I've said before..I do have a handful of plants that desperately need seeds though..I'm curious if they could set Batlez up, let players pick 1-2 plants per week and they would get reward seed packets just for those two plants instead of whatever useless plant they tend to offer..could this system work? I just think would be nice to focus on certain plants in terms of getting seeds...

They're not gonna let us choose Seeds ever, especially that specifically and in that pontetial quantity: randomness is part of what keeps the system rolling for as long as it has.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: pvz2maniac

pvz2maniac
6 months ago#196
I think I'm at 160 now and it's been a long time since I've lost. I really need to look for my other phone to install the game so I can keep my streak in case of freezing. I think the last time I lost was about 4 or 5 weeks ago to a bot that had a score too high for my low level plants.

bry6trump
6 months ago#197
Andrex_93 posted...
bry6trump posted...

They're not gonna let us choose Seeds ever, especially that specifically and in that pontetial quantity: randomness is part of what keeps the system rolling for as long as it has.

They need a better way to level premiums then..

bry6trump
6 months ago#198
Crazy how I can use same exact strategy and setup yet score 900,000 in one game and 2.1 million in another!

User Info: ElmoKajaky

ElmoKajaky
6 months ago#199
"Yes it is but would you rather EA just taje a human replay that is a few hundred thousand points higher than your average score and put that against you?"

No, I just want fairness (randomness). Enough with the manipulation, it's a complete killjoy. Pick random human replays from our league and let the chips fall where they may.

In Jade, it's 99.9% bots. It's not fun.

User Info: ElmoKajaky

ElmoKajaky
6 months ago#200
I suspect they may have decided to go with bots in the higher leagues because there are probably still lots of people who hacked their plant levels (just not beyond the level caps), and PopCap has no way to differentiate between them and people who have legitimately leveled plants.

They may never be able to fix this problem, in which case I would strongly recommend that they change their bot philosophy away from a "adjust the final score depending on how the player scores in the first 2:30 of the game" (or whatever) philosophy to a "generally get about x% of the average score of this league, give or take a fudge factor" philosophy.

In other words, it's really, really, REALLY not fun to have to artificially hold your scoring low during the first part of the game and then attempt to score a lot at the very end. I want to be able to play at full blast the entire game and not have to worry about psychologically defeating the bot programmers. That's not fun at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP
  • Topic Archived