Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

User Info: GoldBloom

GoldBloom
4 weeks ago#161
Mbartel500 posted...
I have played about 60+ battles now in jade, and every one of them have been bots. i can tell by the scoring patterns, and the goofy plant lineup confirms what I already knew.
But here is a useful tip to beat the bot at the very end. If you are using the chard/stallia /blover strategy, this technique works very well. Towards the end of the battle, the imp cannons go away. This usually happens with about 20 seconds to go. You need to be in regular speed mode by now. As soon as the imp cannons go away, stop trying to score points. Start deleting plants, but not the chards, to slow your scoring. This allows the zombies to pile up in front of your chards. With about 10 seconds to go put down a blover, then a stallia on column 8, either row 2 or 4. Quickly recharge your stallia, then put down another blover, then another stallia on column 8, either row 2 or 4. Put down another blover. If your blover is less than level 10, you may need to give yourself a couple of extra seconds to allow blover to recharge. This burst scoring strategy is very effective, but not foolproof. What you are trying to do is get down two blovers/stallias and kill the maximum number of zombies in the last seconds. You should complete the sequence, as the timer hits 0. Like I said, it doesn't work every time, because I have seen some bots score points after the timer hits 0. And sometimes you will lose no matter what you do. I guess I should point out that this technique only works if you have column 7 full of chard guards.

@Mbartel500 , what other plants are you using, and what kind of scores are you getting?

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 weeks ago#162
Mbartel500 posted...
Start deleting plants, but not the chards, to slow your scoring. This allows the zombies to pile up in front of your chards.

This is great. I mean, so far I always left the Plants up, since I usually can manage score burst in the last 9-5 seconds even without doing this, but this is a safer way to do it, for sure. Less killed Zombies means more Zombies to blow away in bursts. I think anyone consistently running into "high scoring" bots should try Mbartel's strategy.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
4 weeks ago#163
JScriv posted...
Yeah, Silver is where it is at. I've been here for a couple weeks now. I'm at 189, the rewards are awesome! I have lost twice though, one was because I tried a goofball strategy, the other was also my fault. In Silver, there only tends be bots the first day, after that it's been only humans from what I can tell.

Yeah I agree..I'm in silver league and this week, I've been matched with some very weak bots or players ..I just played against a guy or bot that scored 14,440 points total! Not 140,440 but just 14,440...he was using Fila mint with lightning reed..how is it possible to score that low?!im not complaining, just curious

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
4 weeks ago#164
GSardar posted...
Sorry, lame question here but I've only paid gems once to maintain my streak, and that was a couple weeks ago...not sure how it's changed. Does it get more expensive the more you do that within one streak? Or is it more expensive only depending on where you're at in that streak? I might not be making sense b/c I need more coffee, but i'm on streak 123 or so and haven't paid yet to maintain, and am wondering how much it would be if I lose.

Wow you have not lost in 123 matches?! I hope you are telling the truth as it breaks the pattern or system I thought was in place..are you staggering your points or just trying to score high in every match?

User Info: Mbartel500

Mbartel500
4 weeks ago#165
Goldbloom,

I am using primal peashooter, chards,regular sunflower, stallia, blover. All are maxed out. Chards are in column 7. Sunflower in column 6. Pps in columns 5,4,3. I put 2 extra pps in rows 1 and 5 to beat down the imp cannons, so I can employ the no score sequence at the end. As soon as the imp cannons are gone, I delete all pps on rows 1 and 5. Now the zombies really pile up in front of the chards on rows 2,3,4. I have scored 500k in the last 5 seconds, with stallia/blover, when the zombies are highly concentrated.
If I have to, I can get 1.9 million, but I try my best to keep things under 1 million, by starting slowly. I don't even look at the zombies, until the last 20 seconds. I focus on the scores and remaining time. Here is an interesting observation. Of all the battles I have played, using the sandbag/burst strategy, about half have been over 1 million. But I have never lost a battle when my score was less than a million. Every loss, and there have been quite a few, was when my score was over a million. Now I am not suggesting that anyone should suppress their score, in order to beat a bot, but the numbers do indicate a scoring pattern that EA may be using in their bot programs. As usual, your mileage may vary.....good luck to all.

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
4 weeks ago#166
Very helpful info, Mbartel, thank you for sharing.

User Info: GSardar

GSardar
4 weeks ago#167
bry6trump posted...
GSardar posted...
Sorry, lame question here but I've only paid gems once to maintain my streak, and that was a couple weeks ago...not sure how it's changed. Does it get more expensive the more you do that within one streak? Or is it more expensive only depending on where you're at in that streak? I might not be making sense b/c I need more coffee, but i'm on streak 123 or so and haven't paid yet to maintain, and am wondering how much it would be if I lose.

Wow you have not lost in 123 matches?! I hope you are telling the truth as it breaks the pattern or system I thought was in place..are you staggering your points or just trying to score high in every match?

I promise! I'm now on 129 without a loss. My streak has been going on since the last battle challenge, and I HATE using gems for anything other than the 100 gem seed packet/pinatas, so I've told myself maintaining my streak simply wasn't an option. But now it is, ha, since I'm liking these rewards. I really have only played a couple players who scored over a million though, since we started with the Electric Currant games, so maybe I've just been lucky (and there aren't many bots in Silver?). I try to score high in all games and leave the stallia/plant food combo for the very end, to boost up in the last 20 seconds. Maybe that's helping, but 90% of my scores aren't even close to my opponent's. I think Silver is the place to be. :)

User Info: GSardar

GSardar
4 weeks ago#168
Aggg, KNOCk ON WOOD AGAINT! I keep tying to jinx myself. :)

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 weeks ago#169
bry6trump posted...
GSardar posted...

It's completely plausible: last week I was at streak 160, IIRC, the first time I lost; then I lost again shortly after and didn't pay the Gems payout. Then I lost again at match 2, grrrr.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
4 weeks ago#170
GSardar, 129 win streak with no losses I get, but how are you in Silver with only 129 wins and you've paid once to maintain your streak? Are you saying you've only lost battlez once in all the leagues up to Silver? Or that you only recently tried to keep a streak going?
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Battlez: Electric Currant (May 15th) E.M.PEACH SHOULD STUN BOTS, POPCAP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived