There's very little popcap can do at this point

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. There's very little popcap can do at this point

User Info: SneakyRene

SneakyRene
5 months ago#1
So ive been reading everyone's comments about the issues of BattleZ on the main thread and it seems like there's very little they can do to be fair and appease everyone. And even then, the options they do have would be very complicated to implement.

For starters, this should be live pvp. No more of this replay / bot BS. It seems that the higher leagues have way too many bots and thus defeating the purpose of BattleZ. I dont know how familiar any of you are with PVZ : Heroes, but that's true PVP, real time and all. This should be implemented. The best way to do this is to allow us to view the field and choose our line up before entering a match. Then give us a time limit to do our initial planting. Once both players hit lets rock then the match begins. We both get the same zombies released in the same order. You cannot fast forward and cannot pause. You only get an option to surrender. The con with this however is that we would be subjected to long wait times while matchmaking takes place though.

Next thing, diversity. Everyone is getting tired of the stallia / blover strategy. Although i dont agree with this myself, i feel it would be a breathe of fresh air for a lot of people to see things being shaken up. If they really wanted to remove certain strategies they could work around them instead of resorting to nerf it. Any strategy requiring stallia can be stopped by banning 0 sun plants. MF & DL can be stopped by placing mold colonies in inconvenient places. They already had a week where they banned mind control plants so its doable. And although i personally dont look forward for a level with freezing winds or a water level, thats something they can do as well.

Something else they can do in terms of diversity is to make certain weeks where plants from certain worlds can be used. But this would be highly unlikely as new players wouldnt have access to the full roster. And then theres the sake of sun producing plants since not every world has their own.

And 1 last thing, i think the plant of the week should be maxed out for battlez to encourage us to actually use it. The only 3 that i actually used was gold bloom, CP, and power lily. The rest just took up a slot. But with a fully maxed plant then its more appealing to use. I know i would.

Welp i hope i didnt bore yall too much with all this. Thanks for taking the time to reading it all.

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
5 months ago#2
I don't believe strategic combos should be nerfed. It's natural for certain strategies to become more powerful then others. If you nerf one, another will take its place, and so on.

Battlez is still pretty new. There are tons of options for Popcap to give us. We've seen that they can disable certain plants in any given week, so they could disable Blover if they wanted to. They could give us access to another plant spot, or reduce a plant spot. Or not give us plant food for a week, or make the level a world boss.

Making it true pvp would be pretty different. Idk if I want that to be honest. I like how it is now, but I think all matches should be player based replays and no bots. I said in another thread, the higher leagues that don't have enough replays can dip into other leagues when there aren't enough player replays.

User Info: Silver_age

Silver_age
5 months ago#3
Yes, the bots have to go. We’re more than half way through this week and my plays are still thick with them. Why? They must have enough real plays stored by now.

Pvp would be really interesting but would no doubt throw up a whole new set of problems, most notably, how would you weed out the hackers with everything maxed out in real time?

User Info: OrangeChalcedon

OrangeChalcedon
5 months ago#4
SneakyRene posted...
And 1 last thing, i think the plant of the week should be maxed out for battlez to encourage us to actually use it. The only 3 that i actually used was gold bloom, CP, and power lily. The rest just took up a slot. But with a fully maxed plant then its more appealing to use. I know i would..

This idea seems feasible or, even better in my mind, reward extra points for any zombies killed with the featured plant of the week. Perhaps double the points? That would certainly provide some incentive.

SneakyRene
5 months ago#5
"how would you weed out the hackers with everything maxed out in real time?"

Yeah thats another concern to, but im guessing however they're dealing with it now. Im sure whayever safeguard they have in place can translate to a live game. I highly doubt they have a replay review system that flags questionable replays. But if they do have it then we are doomed to the way things are now forever.

Orange,
That sounds good too, just anything that gices a reason/purpose to use the plant. What would you recommend for plants that don't affect zombies like gold bloom or power lily?

User Info: OctoZombie

OctoZombie
5 months ago#6
SneakyRene posted...
So ive been reading everyone's comments about the issues of BattleZ on the main thread and it seems like there's very little they can do to be fair and appease everyone. And even then, the options they do have would be very complicated to implement.

Most of the things you mention actually sound very easy to implement. Live PVP is the only one that's really hard, but I haven't seen that as a big player demand -- most people seem willing to settle for replays as long as they're not bots.

I have to say that with how much PopCap has managed to screw up with replay-based PVP, the last thing I want them to do is take on something much trickier and more ambitious.

SneakyRene posted...
And 1 last thing, i think the plant of the week should be maxed out for battlez to encourage us to actually use it. The only 3 that i actually used was gold bloom, CP, and power lily. The rest just took up a slot. But with a fully maxed plant then its more appealing to use. I know i would.

This would be great, and I hope they do it. It would add more variety to the game and it also would give new players some extra help.

User Info: GoldBloom

GoldBloom
5 months ago#7
I don’t like the idea of banning plants. I understand that that may not seem fair to people with lower-level plants, but then you’d be penalizing the people who have worked long and hard to level their plants. (And, no, my plants are nowhere near all maxed out, though I do have some that are.) Wouldn’t you be mad if you finally got your Chard Guard/Stallia to level 5, or your Blover to level 10, and then they were banned? (This is coming from a klutz with the Stallia+Blover combo.)

As far as premium plants, even though I do own them all, I’d feel the same way if I didn’t. If people put out cash to purchase these plants, how could EA justify not letting us use them? That doesn’t seem fair.

I feel the less EA manipulates things, the better.

SneakyRene
5 months ago#8
I guess live pvp might just be something that i personally want. Something about replays makes it feel like thw outcome is predetermined. Whereas live is authentically in the players hands. Replays are more so trying to beat a certain score but just always changing and unknown. In that case they can just set a reach score goal to win. The replays just give the illusion that a lot of us have been looked though. I dont disagree with you though. Just giving my take on it is all.

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
5 months ago#9
Drake9 posted...
I don't believe strategic combos should be nerfed. It's natural for certain strategies to become more powerful then others. If you nerf one, another will take its place, and so on.

Battlez is still pretty new. There are tons of options for Popcap to give us. We've seen that they can disable certain plants in any given week, so they could disable Blover if they wanted to. They could give us access to another plant spot, or reduce a plant spot. Or not give us plant food for a week, or make the level a world boss.

Making it true pvp would be pretty different. Idk if I want that to be honest. I like how it is now, but I think all matches should be player based replays and no bots. I said in another thread, the higher leagues that don't have enough replays can dip into other leagues when there aren't enough player replays.

A combo should be nerfed only if it is massively OP..Blover/Stallia users are scoring 3-4 times as many points as players using other combos and are literally c,earring the board with 20-30 seconds left in the game! this is a little ridiculous Imo and it should be nerfed..who cares if players will just find another powerful combo as long as it isn't massively OP I'm fine with it..

I honestly do not like using blover strategy at all..I don't find itenjoyable

Ok if you are matched with strictly player recorded matches, should they be thrown at us from all different leagues or just from the league we are in?either or you can expect to lose more often than you are now but at least it would be real pvp..wasted have now is just plain generic and rigged

I'm with OP popcap cannot create a balanced,enjoyable system that will also allow players to get win streaks..I think they could change up how many geneticist to keep streaks just to make losing not as frustrating..

SneakyRene
5 months ago#10
GoldBloom posted...
I don’t like the idea of banning plants. I understand that that may not seem fair to people with lower-level plants, but then you’d be penalizing the people who have worked long and hard to level their plants. (And, no, my plants are nowhere near all maxed out, though I do have some that are.) Wouldn’t you be mad if you finally got your Chard Guard/Stallia to level 5, or your Blover to level 10, and then they were banned? (This is coming from a klutz with the Stallia+Blover combo.)

As far as premium plants, even though I do own them all, I’d feel the same way if I didn’t. If people put out cash to purchase these plants, how could EA justify not letting us use them? That doesn’t seem fair.

I feel the less EA manipulates things, the better.

Oh i completely agree, i feel like we should be able to use the plants we have been working to level up or unlock, i was just suggesting a work around instead of nerfing like they did the apparent legacy bug for spring bean and blover (which i could've sworn at one point was advertised). And when i say ban i mean for a week, not for good.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. There's very little popcap can do at this point

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived