There's very little popcap can do at this point

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. There's very little popcap can do at this point

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
4 months ago#31
Drake9 posted...
bry6trump posted...
Drake9 posted...
bry6trump posted...
Ok if you are matched with strictly player recorded matches, should they be thrown at us from all different leagues or just from the league we are in?either or you can expect to lose more often than you are now but at least it would be real pvp..wasted have now is just plain generic and rigged

Strictly player replays. When a league does not have enough replays in the pool (some percentage chosen by Popcap), the replay pool expands to include the league beneath it. So if Jade league doesn't have enough player replays, a Jade player may be matched against a Gold replay, & even again down to a Silver replay if there still aren't enough replays in the pool. Not the other way around though - Gold players would never play against a Jade replay.

The only issue I see with that type of system is the very first players won't have any replays to be matched against. I guess this is when they would need some bot replays.

this wouldn't work though I don't think..say you are in Silver league..say there are 100 players in the league..20 are absolute beasts, 40 are very good, 40 are just decent and you are in the bottom 20 group of players..you are going to get your ass kicked every other match and won't be able to string any streak together..the group above you won't either unless they get lucky..only the top 20 of the heap players would be able to get nice streaks going ..

Now, EA could make this type of situation much less painful abd frustrating if they toned down the amount of get needed to continue streaks..instead of needing 10 after first loss, have it be only 2 gems for first few losses, then 5 for a couple but each loss after that goes up by 3-5 ..

Again, most players must be assured somehow that they can get decent streaks on a consistent basis..if they aren't able to, I don't see them sticking with the game but I could be wrong..

there is no way to create a balanced, fun yet competitive system with the way streaks are set up..

If you are a bottom player in a certain league, then they probably intend for you to drop down a league. A Soil league player should be losing often if they find themselves in Silver. That's brings up the question though. Would you rather play bots & let EA control your win percentage letting all players win most of their games or would you prefer to only play against player replays even though you might lose more often?

But you're absolutely right about the streaks. Keeping a streak is the main incentive to win games, while what place you come in within a league is minuscule in comparison. I would love to see streak maintain costs lowered, but that is probably unlikely cause that provides EA income.

Personally id much rather play against only human replays..they would have to change the gem amount needed to maintain streaks though..we can expect to lose much more frequently if we are truly given random human replays within our league..I don't mind losing though as long as it doesn't cost so much to keep it going..I mean, they would have to drastically reduce the gems needed for streaks

Another huge problem if they implemented a match making system where we only play against human replays in our own league..you would have quite a few players intentionally getting demoted a few times so they land in the lowest leagues like soil or wood..that way, they could have a few weeks of just crushing casuals and going on huge win streaks..

No matter what they do, it's a mess

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
4 months ago#32
Personally id much rather play against only human replays..they would have to change the gem amount needed to maintain streaks though..we can expect to lose much more frequently if we are truly given random human replays within our league..I don't mind losing though as long as it doesn't cost so much to keep it going..I mean, they would have to drastically reduce the gems needed for streaks

Yup, totally agree! They can't make human only replays without changing streaks. Both of which I would be in favor of.

Another huge problem if they implemented a match making system where we only play against human replays in our own league..you would have quite a few players intentionally getting demoted a few times so they land in the lowest leagues like soil or wood..that way, they could have a few weeks of just crushing casuals and going on huge win streaks..

I don't know if that would be that much of an issue. Think about a gold player wanting to get back to Soil league. It would take nearly 2 months to do that all the while not being able to play that much. If someone is dedicated enough to really do that, let them - doesn't bother me at all.

bry6trump
4 months ago#33
. Well someone may not lose however many weeks to Go all the way back to soil league..they might just hover in the lower leagues because with the system you mention, what incentive is there to do well and get promoted to silver, jade or gold league in the first place?All that would do is put you against very tough opponents in almost every single game..you would have no easy matches to perfect or even try out new strategies

People on here complain about getting their 120 game streak broken, just imagine how they wouldn't if they are losing 1 out of 4 games and can't even get much of a streak going in the first place lol

bry6trump
4 months ago#34
SneakyRene posted...
"there is no way to create a balanced, fun yet competitive system with the way streaks are set up.."

And this is the biggest issue they are facing because now they have to let everyone win most of their matches to have a nice streak. And if everyone is winning then how can they claim its pvp. I understand that everyone wants to have a good streak for the sake of plant progression but that's the burden of true pvp, either you're a top tier player racking up mostly wins, a low tier player that actually has to put in a high amount of work in order to get a good footing in the competitive scene, or somewhere in between where you're win ratio is somewhere in the middle. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for everyone progressing and leveling they're plants but they need to stop claiming this is pvp because it's clearly not.

Yeah they have kind of painted themselves into a corner..I wonder had they come out from the get go and said BattleZ was a game where you compete against ai bots to try to rise the rankings if it woukd matter that much to players that they weren't facing actual humans?ehh I don't know though because for me if it were still a system like it is now where it is basically rigged for us to win most matches, it would get old fast..now at least it's under the illusion that we sometimes are competing against actual humans..

Yes, for casuals, they really don't have much in the way of leveling plants aside from BattleZ..

EA obviously wants a system in place that motivates us to grind as much as we can to level plants..also, for us to buy pinatas or premiums we think might help us in some way..the way BattleZ is now, it isn't even pay to win anymore as everyone will do well no matter the plant level..I'm at my lowest point in the game when it comes to motivation to grind, pay and level as there seems to be no reason to do it atm

User Info: SneakyRene

SneakyRene
4 months ago#35
sir_joe posted...
I'm a relatively new player but I am proponent of a true pvp scheme. Those who invested time and money in the game should receive better awards for it. The downside of this approach is the very inefficient way of levelling up. If you are a casual player who has just joined the party, you will have next to 0 chance to maintain your streak and your streak beats all other ways to level up by a great margin. That's why I'm afraid lots of new players would prefer bots to real people and I'm in a minority.

And how new would that be? Im curious to know how battle z for people who just getting started with the game.

And bry,

Yeah they pretty much screwed up and instead of owning up to it they're just trying to hide it and sweep it under the rug.

User Info: pvz2maniac

pvz2maniac
4 months ago#36
SneakyRene posted...
sir_joe posted...
I'm a relatively new player but I am proponent of a true pvp scheme. Those who invested time and money in the game should receive better awards for it. The downside of this approach is the very inefficient way of levelling up. If you are a casual player who has just joined the party, you will have next to 0 chance to maintain your streak and your streak beats all other ways to level up by a great margin. That's why I'm afraid lots of new players would prefer bots to real people and I'm in a minority.

And how new would that be? Im curious to know how battle z for people who just getting started with the game.

And bry,

Yeah they pretty much screwed up and instead of owning up to it they're just trying to hide it and sweep it under the rug.

I don't play much on my secondary account as I still have many plants to unlock and it's hard when I'm used to having all the plants at my disposal. I've won many games in a row and would have won more if I didn't play when I was at 2% battery power. I thought I'd at least get one game in. I'm in the wood league now and the games in wood and soil were fairly easy.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but the bottom 3 in wood were not coloured differently and I'm wondering if they are going to get rid of the soil league. It would make sense to go back to 5 getting promoted and demoting 3 to push players to higher leagues to get the numbers balanced.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 months ago#37
pvz2maniac posted...
I don't play much on my secondary account as I still have many plants to unlock and it's hard when I'm used to having all the plants at my disposal. I've won many games in a row and would have won more if I didn't play when I was at 2% battery power. I thought I'd at least get one game in. I'm in the wood league now and the games in wood and soil were fairly easy.

Be careful about playing on low battery; apparently, if you run out while in PvZ, it's apparently possible to lose all your data (I think they advised to not play when under 30% battery life).

pvz2maniac posted...
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but the bottom 3 in wood were not coloured differently and I'm wondering if they are going to get rid of the soil league. It would make sense to go back to 5 getting promoted and demoting 3 to push players to higher leagues to get the numbers balanced.

Mh, I guess it's possible, even though I don't remember the lower rankings being differently colored in the beginning, either.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

SneakyRene
4 months ago#38
"Be careful about playing on low battery; apparently, if you run out while in PvZ, it's apparently possible to lose all your data (I think they advised to not play when under 30% battery life)."

And even though no one should be playing with a low battery i feel like losing all ypur data if ur battery does die is a bit extreme...i mean how deep have they looked into this. Especially considering that if you link ur game to ur google play account (android) it saves on servers..but sure lets slash gauntlet rewards even further for mints...lol

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 months ago#39
SneakyRene posted...
"Be careful about playing on low battery; apparently, if you run out while in PvZ, it's apparently possible to lose all your data (I think they advised to not play when under 30% battery life)."

And even though no one should be playing with a low battery i feel like losing all ypur data if ur battery does die is a bit extreme...i mean how deep have they looked into this. Especially considering that if you link ur game to ur google play account (android) it saves on servers..but sure lets slash gauntlet rewards even further for mints...lol

Yeah, that's what I honestly found weird about that; regardless, I'm not about to test it, lol, so I simply avoid playing while running out of battery :D.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

SneakyRene
4 months ago#40
Andrex_93 posted...
SneakyRene posted...

Yeah, that's what I honestly found weird about that; regardless, I'm not about to test it, lol, so I simply avoid playing while running out of battery :D.

Yes...please...no one attempt this hahha

On another note...i think it's a really bad idea to put out all electric plants as plant of the week right after another in the manner that they have been doing because by the time the most of us get filamint to the level we desire then there will be no more electric plants available to be plant of the week. Cuz im sute none of us have it leveled up high enough to want to use it With the exception of Mbartell of course lol...and itll in about 2 weeks anyways so im assuming next week will be electric blueberry.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. There's very little popcap can do at this point

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived