Been undefeated in gold league until now...lost 3 out of the last four to bots

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Been undefeated in gold league until now...lost 3 out of the last four to bots

User Info: Mbartel500

Mbartel500
1 month ago#21
Well, I guess I'm done with battlez, trying to outscore the bots doesn't work. Trying to sandbag doesn't work any more for me. It's back to losing one out of every three. The gem cost to keep the streak is not worth it, and losing so often is not worth it. The last game was a loss. The bot had two lightning reeds. One at level 13, and the other at level 9. And the loss before that, the bot had a gold leaf at level 10, but all the other plants were at level 1. Yea right...scoring over 1.5 million with level one plants. And I am losing 30% of the time with maxed out plants. Up until yesterday, battlez was a challenging but worthwhile endeavor. It's just a train wreck now. What's the point of playing with maxed out plants, if I can't win with them?

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
1 month ago#22
Drake9 posted...
Ok as you notice, the match making seems quite rigged but how would like for them to change it? Do you want true random match making? I guess you would since you are at the top with mostly maxed out plants but random match making isn't going to work at all for casual or average players..I see no way popcap can fix the match making tbh..

I assume that when a player finishes a game it gets stored in a database. It's understandable that the higher leagues have less players, but over time, when the new weekly begins, it should still start to accumulate player-based stored games. When there is a certain amount of those games stored, EA should start to use only those games, or at least a percentage of them - the more player-based games there are in the pool, the less EA bot games should be used, until the bot games are reduced to zero. This is how it should be on a weekly basis.

I agree, there should be plenty of player based stored games a day or two after tournament starts..Ok, so then what do you recommend them do? Just reach in and throw us random player based games? Should they look at our score and try to throw us player based games that are right around our score or just a little under? Keep in mind, the main reason people play BattleZ is to get nice rewards via win streaks..no one will keep playing I don't think if they are losing once every 3-4 games

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
1 month ago#23
Mbartel500 posted...
Well, I guess I'm done with battlez, trying to outscore the bots doesn't work. Trying to sandbag doesn't work any more for me. It's back to losing one out of every three. The gem cost to keep the streak is not worth it, and losing so often is not worth it. The last game was a loss. The bot had two lightning reeds. One at level 13, and the other at level 9. And the loss before that, the bot had a gold leaf at level 10, but all the other plants were at level 1. Yea right...scoring over 1.5 million with level one plants. And I am losing 30% of the time with maxed out plants. Up until yesterday, battlez was a challenging but worthwhile endeavor. It's just a train wreck now. What's the point of playing with maxed out plants, if I can't win with them?

Honestly though, was BattleZ really a challenging game for you for the most part? You amassed huge win streaks so you were obviously crushing most of your opponents..I think I get what you are saying overall though

The way leagues should work is the higher league you qualify for, the better your competition gets..your plants are maxed out legitimately, or most are..id be willing to be there are very few players out there with your level plants so what should popcap do with players like you? Let you amass these never ending win streaks or put you against very challenging bots that can actually beat you? You kind of need to look at it from their perspective as well..

Would you only want to play against players at your level every match instead of bots?

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
1 month ago#24
I agree, there should be plenty of player based stored games a day or two after tournament starts..Ok, so then what do you recommend them do? Just reach in and throw us random player based games? Should they look at our score and try to throw us player based games that are right around our score or just a little under? Keep in mind, the main reason people play BattleZ is to get nice rewards via win streaks..no one will keep playing I don't think if they are losing once every 3-4 games

I did recommend already above. But another thing they could do to increase the player based games in a certain league's pool, is when there isn't enough player based games yet in a particular league, allow the algorithm to dip into the prior league for player based games. So if you're in the Gold league on day one & there's barely any games in the pool, it could either 1-use bots or 2-dip into the Silver league pool for recorded games. Once the Gold league has enough Gold league games stored, then it sticks solely with Gold league player games.

User Info: pvz2maniac

pvz2maniac
1 month ago#25
For those encountering bots are you in the jade, gold or silver leagues?

My secondary account with low level plants hasn't lost but I've only played around 4 games so far. All wins were at or below score of 100,000. Maybe there are enough players at that level?

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#26
pvz2maniac posted...
For those encountering bots are you in the jade, gold or silver leagues?

My secondary account with low level plants hasn't lost but I've only played around 4 games so far. All wins were at or below score of 100,000. Maybe there are enough players at that level?

I'm in Gold.

Yeah, as was discussed above, the higher Leagues have less replays and therefore need more bots to create variety. That's why I was so flabbergasted when they reduced the amount of people capable of being promoted before the wide playerbase had at least a chance to reach Jade; they shot themselves in the foot, IMO, or they wanted this all along to make people lose more.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

pvz2maniac
1 month ago#27
Andrex_93 posted...
I'm in Gold.

Yeah, as was discussed above, the higher Leagues have less replays and therefore need more bots to create variety. That's why I was so flabbergasted when they reduced the amount of people capable of being promoted before the wide playerbase had at least a chance to reach Jade; they shot themselves in the foot, IMO, or they wanted this all along to make people lose more.

Something doesn't add up here. I thought the higher leagues had much more replays than the lower ones. I've seen screen shots where the leader has 2,000 crowns and those behind have quite a few crowns as well. How can they possible have less replays than a lower league where 200 crowns can win you the week and 5 crowns can net you some gems?

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
1 month ago#28
Something doesn't add up here. I thought the higher leagues had much more replays than the lower ones. I've seen screen shots where the leader has 2,000 crowns and those behind have quite a few crowns as well. How can they possible have less replays than a lower league where 200 crowns can win you the week and 5 crowns can net you some gems?

Just cause some players have thousands of games doesn't mean that the pool of replays from them is higher than the amount of replays in the Soil league. For example 5 players with 2000 replays each doesn't compare to 50000 players with 5 games each.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#29
pvz2maniac posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
I'm in Gold.

What Drake said and also, specifically to your example, apparently there have been people mass-quitting games to gain 1 Crown per quit to scale the Leaderboard quickly.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

pvz2maniac
1 month ago#30
Drake9 posted...
Just cause some players have thousands of games doesn't mean that the pool of replays from them is higher than the amount of replays in the Soil league. For example 5 players with 2000 replays each doesn't compare to 50000 players with 5 games each.

If there are way more players in the lower leagues then I understand. I was thinking with the numbers that there are more games played in the higher leagues. If the majority of players are lower level then the balancing act of creating a fair battle system for all is extremely difficult.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Been undefeated in gold league until now...lost 3 out of the last four to bots

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived