Been undefeated in gold league until now...lost 3 out of the last four to bots

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Been undefeated in gold league until now...lost 3 out of the last four to bots

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
1 month ago#11
I think the majority feel the same way. Battlez is still new. Hopefully EA will take note of what players are saying & do something about it.

User Info: Mbartel500

Mbartel500
1 month ago#12
Muki13-

I went with your suggestion on sandbagging until the last few seconds. In the four battles, against bots, it worked very well indeed. I was behind with about 6 seconds to go. Then a well timed blover stallia combo got me the win. Are the bots programmed to detect rapid high scoring runs as a likely cheater/hacker entity and so they outscore them? At any rate, a win is a win, so thank you for suggesting that I try it. With a bit of luck I might win five in a row.

User Info: zeeky

zeeky
1 month ago#13
It's pretty sad that we have to incorporate sandbagging into our strategies, but I'm also reliably winning like that so I guess it's ok

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#14
Silver_age posted...
Most of my opponents are bots at the moment. I was just beaten on game 17 of my new streak. From my observations they seem to throw me a defeat every 20 games on average. This means I can get to about game 100 before having to start again with the 100 gems I allocate to streak maintenance.

This nets me far more seed packets than using those gems to buy world pinatas, so I’ve decided it’s the best use for them.

Mh, so you're saying that you'd pay the Gem pay-out 4 times before choosing to not reset? And that that nets more Seed Packets/is the optimal way to spend Gems? Interesting..

Mbartel500 posted...
Are the bots programmed to detect rapid high scoring runs as a likely cheater/hacker entity and so they outscore them?

I think it's more of a faulty algorithm not taking into account powerful insta-kill combos and the like, but I guess yours might also be an option; you might be onto something, there.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: Silver_age

Silver_age
1 month ago#15
Andrex_93 posted...
Silver_age posted...
Most of my opponents are bots at the moment. I was just beaten on game 17 of my new streak. From my observations they seem to throw me a defeat every 20 games on average. This means I can get to about game 100 before having to start again with the 100 gems I allocate to streak maintenance.

This nets me far more seed packets than using those gems to buy world pinatas, so I’ve decided it’s the best use for them.

Mh, so you're saying that you'd pay the Gem pay-out 4 times before choosing to not reset? And that that nets more Seed Packets/is the optimal way to spend Gems? Interesting...

Yes, your mileage may vary of course, but you get far more seed packets from a 100 Battlez streak than you do from even a gold league world pinata. The only downside is that probably up to half the Battlez packets are of no use to me as they are for premium plants that I do not own.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#16
Silver_age posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
Silver_age posted...

Mh, so you're saying that you'd pay the Gem pay-out 4 times before choosing to not reset? And that that nets more Seed Packets/is the optimal way to spend Gems? Interesting...

Yes, your mileage may vary of course, but you get far more seed packets from a 100 Battlez streak than you do from even a gold league world pinata. The only downside is that probably up to half the Battlez packets are of no use to me as they are for premium plants that I do not own.

Yeah, that was my thought process: ultimately it depends on if you want quantity or quality (as long as achieving a streak is possible).

Even though I technically would like to spend my Gems on packets, I have to admit that I like having the high Seed-income while playing BattleZ.. Rapidly tapping and seeing another Plant get x10 Seeds, one after the other.. Might be addicting, lol.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
1 month ago#17
Honestly the way BattleZ feels now, there is not much reason to keep playing..the actual enjoyment in playing BattleZ is just not there since we are playing rigged matches with mostly bots..I have seen the score of my oppt literally come to a dead stop 3-4 different times but at others jump up big time just to beat out my score..how is this fun exactly? we are rigged to win most but lose here and there..maybe some people can play under the illusion they are playing against real players but I can't..

No matter what your plant level, you will win most but lose when popcap wants you to..real fun

bry6trump
1 month ago#18
Mbartel500 posted...
Yea, yesterday was not like this at all. But when I got up this morning, the whole feel of the game had changed. I think we are back to short term winning streaks. It is gauranteed you will not have a long streak without several losses along the way. I don’t understand why EA keeps jerking our chains like this. I can tell within 15 seconds if I am fighting a bot. So far today, every battle has been with a bot. And after the battle is over, I can see that the plant lineup is impossible to correlate with the score. In the 12 games I have played today, I have 5 losses. I think I’ll just focus on pinata parties and trackers, and quit with battlez this week. I may pick it up again if EA will fix the cluster f@@k it has become.

Ok as you notice, the match making seems quite rigged but how would like for them to change it? Do you want true random match making? I guess you would since you are at the top with mostly maxed out plants but random match making isn't going to work at all for casual or average players..I see no way popcap can fix the match making tbh..

bry6trump
1 month ago#19
zeeky posted...
It's pretty sad that we have to incorporate sandbagging into our strategies, but I'm also reliably winning like that so I guess it's ok

Sandbagging is going to be hard for me..I want to try and score the highest I can every match..if I have to deliberately score low in many matches just to win more games then I might just stop playing..getting seed packets so my twin sunflower has a few more hit points almost seems silly and illogical to me now with the frustration and strangeness of BattleZ matches

User Info: Drake9

Drake9
1 month ago#20
Ok as you notice, the match making seems quite rigged but how would like for them to change it? Do you want true random match making? I guess you would since you are at the top with mostly maxed out plants but random match making isn't going to work at all for casual or average players..I see no way popcap can fix the match making tbh..

I assume that when a player finishes a game it gets stored in a database. It's understandable that the higher leagues have less players, but over time, when the new weekly begins, it should still start to accumulate player-based stored games. When there is a certain amount of those games stored, EA should start to use only those games, or at least a percentage of them - the more player-based games there are in the pool, the less EA bot games should be used, until the bot games are reduced to zero. This is how it should be on a weekly basis.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time
  3. Been undefeated in gold league until now...lost 3 out of the last four to bots

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived